Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Multi-hose hookahs?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 21st, 2008, 05:44 PM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

Default Multi-hose hookahs?

Hi there. with the Super Nova 6 hosed rotating hookah, can you smoke as good as throug a one hosed when smoking alone? is the other hoses automaticly sealed? So if I smoke with five of my friends, and they all leaves, can i just continue to smoke without having to seal the other hoses? Or if my friends are tired of smoking (like that is going to happen) will they need to put their fingers on the "hose-holes" when i wanna take a drag?
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Multi-hose hookahs?

I always advise against multi hosed (2 I think is ok) hookahs for this very reason.

it sounds like a cool concept, but if all 6 of you took a drag, at the same time, you would not get ANY smoke. I dont know about the specific hookah that you are posting about,
but do you REALLY want to deal with a 6 hosed hookah? I doubt if its an autoseal
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:18 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Don't get it. The same question was asked on another forum and the answers are going to be the same.

1-3 hoses.
Don't get a rotator unless you party with a lot of people and even then the quality is not the same
6 hoses is foolish and useless.
Consider what it takes to maintain a 6 hose hookah and how much space it takes up.
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Don't get it. The same question was asked on another forum and the answers are going to be the same.

1-3 hoses.
Don't get a rotator unless you party with a lot of people and even then the quality is not the same
6 hoses is foolish and useless.
Consider what it takes to maintain a 6 hose hookah and how much space it takes up.
Don't get it, my question is far from the same, and you didn't even answer my question. This is the Hookah i want, and the hookah i'm going to get (maybe). I usually have a lot of friends in my apartment, and i dont want to pass the hoses to much. But thats not my question. If i smoke alone from one hose, will i need to do something with the other hoses to get smoke from one hose? I'm not thinking of buying this beacouse of the rotating, but it's the only one with six hoses. I'm not trying to be rude or anything.. And i wonder why all the reviews on Hookah-shisha.com is positive if it's a bad pipe.

Again, sorry if i sound rude or anything, I'm just trying to figure to go for this or not.

Last edited by HookahLovah; June 21st, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

not familiar with that particular hookah, but it may or may not have a bearing that closes all of the other valves when you are smoking through one, so then you wouldnt have to put your finger over the hose. A 6 hoser however will be more expensive and likely wont be that nice of a hookah. I would take the money you would spend on a 6 hoser and maybe get a 2 or 3 hose instead. I have a 2 hose mya and it is great for as many people as you have. No matter how many hoses you have, only one person can smoke at a time or you wont get much or any smoke, maing the extra hoses almost worthless. Spend the money on something nicer w/less hoses. Hope that answers your question
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

just looked up that hookah, my friends had it in the 2 hose version and it sucked. the part where the water goes is small and doesnt hold much smoke. Probably the worst hookah I have ever smoked from. Wasn't bad, but gets blown away by most other hookahs in terms of smoke quantity and quality. You will get a much more enjoyable smoke out of something else. Do you REALLY need 6 hoses or could you settle for 2 or 3? If you go with a multi-hose I would recommend a Mya.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idCategory=241

But for $60-80 you could get a MZ or KM and have one of the best smoking hookahs out there, although it would be a single hoser. Lemme know if you have any more questions
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:38 PM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

ok, thank you guys! I'll not buy this one. changed my mind, will se if i find some myas, and ill let you know!

Last edited by HookahLovah; June 21st, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:44 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

yes there are...look into a KM, or a Syrian from John @ ******* hookah. do yourself a favor and DO NOT get a multi hosed hookah...
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

well the king tut doesnt have the "auto seal system" while the other 2 do. I would stay away from the black one only b/c you couldnt see how much water you have in the base and the smoke in the base. If you are dead set on a multi-hoser i would probably go with one of the second 2 you showed. A KM or MZ which would be one of the best smoking hookahs (but they are single hose) would run you ~$60-100 depending on height. I would used those numbers to compare to how much you will spend on a multi-hoser that wont smoke as well. But if you get the multi hose, make sure it says it comes with the "auto seal system" so that you can smoke it by yourself w/o anybody plugging the hoses
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedturbo View Post
well the king tut doesnt have the "auto seal system" while the other 2 do. I would stay away from the black one only b/c you couldnt see how much water you have in the base and the smoke in the base. If you are dead set on a multi-hoser i would probably go with one of the second 2 you showed. A KM or MZ which would be one of the best smoking hookahs (but they are single hose) would run you ~$60-100 depending on height. I would used those numbers to compare to how much you will spend on a multi-hoser that wont smoke as well. But if you get the multi hose, make sure it says it comes with the "auto seal system" so that you can smoke it by yourself w/o anybody plugging the hoses
ok, thank you! Now, if i smoke a multihose with autoseal by myself. Will it smoke as good as a none multihose? If not, ill not buy a multihose. Sorry for asking so many questions but i dont wanna regret my buy. And I need to buy from Hookah-shisha.com!
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

I've made up my mind. I'll not buy a multi-hose. I need to buy the Hookah from Hookah-Shisha.com, and it should be at least 30". Any suggestions? I wanna thank you guys for changing my mind!
Or if I really lose on buying from hookah-shisha.com (like, if i can get a much smoother pipe from another place), you can suggest a hookah from another place.=)

Last edited by HookahLovah; June 21st, 2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

you've already got my suggestion on where to buy it, but just take a look at our vendor review place and you will see which vendor seems better to you
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yes, you can smoke well out of any hookah with multiple hoses as long as the hoses are plugged. I don't understand why people always say multiple hosed rigs pull worse because it's all based on the Heart style; Traditional or Common Chamber (chambered, hollow).

A multiple hose hookah, when plugged off, is absolutely no different then a 1 hosed rig. No air is coming in, going out, no smoke is being misplaced. The only difference is that more smoke sits in each hose after someone pulls through that hose. So when you are pulling on your hose, the other hoses are filled with non-moving smoke. That doesn't relate to smoke density at all though.

When multiple people take a drag you get massive smoke because the coal is burning the tobacco faster; the bad result is a quickly spent bowl, not low smoke density.

Ok, a multiple hosed rig with auto-seal (Mya) is fantastic for multiple people, so if you will always be with multiple people, buy one. If you are going to be alone most of the time, you should get an Egyptian or Syrian 1 hose rig, because the pull will be better, and you will be able to purge the smoke out.

Lastly, think about it man... A SIX HOSED ROTATOR?? Where the hell is it gonna rotate, if 6 people are holding a hose, that's a full circle of people and you won't be passing hoses, so it will just swivel slightly and be very annoying and pull out the hoses... and you will most likely never need 6 hoses. I say get 3 at most, get a Mya multiple (it can be converted to 1 hose but the pull will not be as good and you wont be able to purge compared to an Egyptian/Syrian) if you are going to mostly be with 3 or more people. Mya Acrylic, preferably, from H-S, the stem is a tank.

I would NOT reccomend a H-S Syrian or Egyptian at all, when you can get MUCH better ones for cheaper (A Khalil Mamoun or some other Syrian from *************).

Last edited by ZenSilk; June 21st, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old June 21st, 2008, 09:01 PM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Yes, you can smoke well out of any hookah with multiple hoses as long as the hoses are plugged. I don't understand why people always say multiple hosed rigs pull worse because it's all based on the Heart style; Traditional or Common Chamber (chambered, hollow).

A multiple hose hookah, when plugged off, is absolutely no different then a 1 hosed rig. No air is coming in, going out, no smoke is being misplaced. The only difference is that more smoke sits in each hose after someone pulls through that hose. So when you are pulling on your hose, the other hoses are filled with non-moving smoke. That doesn't relate to smoke density at all though.
Agreed! I own the 4 house Lunar rotator from the same line, and I know EXACTLY how these are. Once I plug the ports I can get huge draws by myself, people have seen me smoking from it on stickam. I got this as a party hookah though, so I can understand some points of view. Anyway, I wouldn't swear off products w/o first hand experience. Mine happens to work great, but I would have to agree that this would only make sense to own if you truly will have friends on it the majority of the time. I use a KM for single use, and this for housemate and guest use.
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
backyardsmoke
Hookah Newbie

id stick with 2 also
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I think 2 is the most imo. Any more than that will not allow you to get a lot of smoke.
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I think 2 is the most imo. Any more than that will not allow you to get a lot of smoke.
Why?
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:41 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

i duno what jilly was saying, with a multi hoser u should still be smoking out of only 1 hose at a time
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:43 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

hookahlovah why does it need to be 30 inches?
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:48 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

ok what is your ultimate idea in what kind of hookah you want? height doesn't make much if any difference in how it smokes, multi hoses cost much more only at the convenience at not having to pass the hose (which isnt very hard to do). And wanting a multi hose and now wanting a single hose. hit me up on AIM @ quiksilver584 if u want to talk and we can go through hookah-shisha and pick you out a hookah that fits all of your wants and needs.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
phillllip
Hookah Newbie

i just got my km and funnel bowl and its amazing! big difference coming from hookah lounges and regular bowls. i recommend the km but i dont think hookah-shisha sells it
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
HookahLovah
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillllip View Post
i just got my km and funnel bowl and its amazing! big difference coming from hookah lounges and regular bowls. i recommend the km but i dont think hookah-shisha sells it
is this any good? http://www.*************.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=342
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahLovah View Post
It's a KM so it's hard to go wrong buying one. I've heard the ice bucket doesn't cool the smoke much, but if you want one KM makes great hookahs.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
emesola
Hookah Newbie

i have a 2 hose hookah (see sig picture).. its an auto-plugging type so i can smoke by myself and its still great. nothing wrong with multi-hose hookahs as long as you get a quality one.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahLovah View Post
I will be picking up a similar one this week. I got the 41" from ******* Hookah and IT SMOKES LIKE A DREAM!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook