Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Contentment Samples

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Contentment Samples

I wanted to give everyone here a quick word or two about a really top notch Iranian jurak i'll be getting in soon. The brand is called contentment ( رضايت
in Farsi) and it's amazing stuff. I'd go so far as to say it's as good as al-Buturī Hamāsah or even Zenith. Rich, heavy and complicated with lots of spice/herbal tones. Anyway my pal in the states got some from his contacts and he'll be giving out something like 5-10 samples (not sure exactly now) of two different blends. Those of you that are interested in getting some need to fire off a note to me when I post the delivery info as you'll be in for a real treat. Anyone that wants some back ground on this stuff just ask as I met a part owner of the brand about 7 years back.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:47 AM
risix
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Contentment Samples

id love to try some, let me know how to get a hold of some.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I wouldn't mind trying some. I wouldn't mind some back info on this brand Hajo. Let me know what is all about . Well, anyway I bet it is good stuff. Enjoy the batch you got coming in!
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I wanted to give everyone here a quick word or two about a really top notch Iranian jurak i'll be getting in soon. The brand is called contentment ( رضايت
in Farsi) and it's amazing stuff. I'd go so far as to say it's as good as al-Buturī Hamāsah or even Zenith. Rich, heavy and complicated with lots of spice/herbal tones. Anyway my pal in the states got some from his contacts and he'll be giving out something like 5-10 samples (not sure exactly now) of two different blends. Those of you that are interested in getting some need to fire off a note to me when I post the delivery info as you'll be in for a real treat. Anyone that wants some back ground on this stuff just ask as I met a part owner of the brand about 7 years back.
I recal reading awhile back that contentment was popular in Lebanon.I'm assuming it's the same product.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I'm down for anything!

Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:48 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

i would love to try this out... let us know..
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I would be very happy to partake. I am always looking for new things to try.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

I would love to try something like this. Tell us how it goes and hopefully I can get in on it! I've never tried these kinds of tobaccos.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Basically jurak is thicker, stickier and stronger then ma'sel. It doesn't use any glycerine and it gets it's flavours from the huge ranges of tobaccos used in the blends, honey/molasses and what ever herbal/spice oils are infused into the mix. The heat management is a bit more work then normal but it's not a tough product to get to smoke well. In any case, because it's strong and has a very complicated flavour profile it's very different from typical fruity/candy style products on the American market. Chances are that if you love stuff like SB you won't like an old fashioned product like Contentment.

I'll get up some more info about the brand when I have the chance. Also, when my pal gets the shipment i'll know exactly how many samples can be sent out. So anyone interested in this sort of product need to keep an eye on this thread.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Well I am a cigar smoker so I enjoy flavors much like what you are describing.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
PostGymSmoker
Hookah Newbie

That sounds amazing, I would love to give it a shot If I may that is. I mean SB, and Fuzions is good but this is an opportunity to taste where it all came from right? I will definately keep an eye out.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
thomas
Hookah Newbie

I would love to try this shisha out! I havent tried a lot of foreign shisha before , so if I get to, this would be great!
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I would hope those that got the Khansar samples and enjoyed them tremendously will get the nod. Hint Hint nudge nudge LOL
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hajo, I just want to say .. THANKS! for sharing these incredible tobaccos with Members, that is very generous of you ... much appreciated! Especially since we can't find these tobaccos anywhere in the US. It is a real treat to get to try them .. I remember when I had the Al Buturī and it was so nice!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
swawesome
Hookah Nut

Sounds cool. I'd love to try it!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Hajo, I just want to say .. THANKS! for sharing these incredible tobaccos with Members, that is very generous of you ... much appreciated! Especially since we can't find these tobaccos anywhere in the US. It is a real treat to get to try them .. I remember when I had the Al Buturī and it was so nice!
I like the idea of getting a little bit of joy out and a about and since I have the good fortune to have people feed me such great stuff it seems like a good idea. Basically I got into the old fashioned stuff the same way.

Contentment is cured like a lot of Iranian products in that the leaves ferment in piles in a manner kind of like cigar filler. Later they are cut and packed in drums and aged with the herbal oils before the molasses is added although I am not sure how they do that. The end result is that it takes something like 4 months before the jurak is ready to be packed. It's packed the traditional way with wax paper and string which means you have to get it fairly fresh for it to be good.
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:38 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

How exactly should we go about jumping on the Contentment bus Hajo my man?
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Alright guys here is the update. I got my portion of the Contentment stuff and it's two different blends: شاهنامه which translates into Shāhnāma and دق ق which = Daqiqi. They smell amazing and are black and sticky. I think this is some of the best stuff around and is very complicated and flavourful. My American bud says that he'll have his portion out of customs some time during the up coming week. Anyhow, the way it will work is that he'll have enough to give out 10 samples provided that those interested are willing to pay postage via paypal. I'm guessing the postage to people in the states will run about 2 bucks.

Anyone interested IM me your name and mailing address and i'll forward it my stateside friend who'll mail it out and send everyone his paypal info.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Alright guys, good news. My buddy in New Mexico says he got the jurak out of customs. It was overly dry (he knows more about Jurak then I do) and so he added some molasses to it (Turkish molasses as you can't get the Iranian stuff easily) and now it's at the right consistency.

Everyone that requested samples will be getting a PM with the info to make the paypal payment to cover shipping costs (I think it will be 2-3 bucks) so keep an eye out for that.

Beyond that I had a chance to try try my share of the samples and all I can say is that it's mind blowingly good. Extremely rich with a tone of flavours from coffe, a sorts of tobaccos, cinnamon, honey, molasses, vanilla, something I can't put my finger on and a bunch of floral/herbal notes. One of the most complicated and subtle smokes on the planet. If G-d is a merciful and as caring as I have been led to believe mountains of this stuff will be found in the after life.

You should set this up as you would a normal mu'essel although it works best in a funnel with mod setup or a super chief. Once you get it smoking decently cut back on the heat as you don't want to risk losing any of the delicate flavours. Also note that this stuff doesn't have any preservatives so you can't let it sit around for ever like modern products.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
stump56
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to stump56

i may like some if its not to late
Old July 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

I would love to try that brand man!
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

If there is any left, count me in!
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Alright folks I have good news and I have bad news. The bad news is that far more people wanted samples then my American friend and I could provide. The good news is that Adam and I agreed to double the amount of people getting samples by cutting the amounts sent out to everyone by half so basically everyone will get 2 50gram samples. The good new is that the second batch of Contentment got through customs and the samples have been broken down and labeled for 20 people. The flavours everyone will get are Shāhnāma = شاهنامه and Daqiqi = دق ق . More good news is that I've tried both and they are mind blowingly fantastic, some of the best i've ever had. The packages will be mailed out starting tomorrow.
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
mexican3790
Hookah Newbie

i think i might have sent you a pm about this a while back :/
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I don't remember if I pm'd but I hope to god I did!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook