Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Do NOT buy Nammor.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Do NOT buy Nammor.

I will start by saying that I am a fan of the nammor hose. I like the draw on them. I have two.

The reason I have two is that the first one I bought broke. So they sent me a new one free of charge. They just asked for a picture of the break. More than understandable and great service. The first hose I got was a first production nammor. They sent me a second production to replace it.

I am a handy guy who does fabrication as a hobby so I fixed the old hose. Since then it has broken twice in two different places... I could kind of understand if the original break snapped again but my fixes seem to be the strongest part of the hose.

This has made me very wary of the second run hose and has pushed me away from buying another eventually. I am going to try Razan and see if there are the same issues. I have not heard as much. Only a few reports of breakage.

I suggest anyone who is looking to buy a nammor wait until all of the old production is sold out. Ask them if you can get one of the second batch. If they can't satisfy this request...

Do NOT buy Nammor.
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Re: Do NOT buy Nammor.

I have a Razan, and the only thing that went wrong with it was the red grommet came out, but that was my fault. Nothin a little epoxy couldn't handle, and my razan lives on and is still kicking ass to this day. I Razans, I won't use another hose again.
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

what part of the hose broke?

Old June 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
heilmikaal
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to heilmikaal

I love my nammor. No signs of slowing that bad boy down. It's the only hose i use.
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah what part of the hose broke? The handle? That is what happened to mine and I had to get a new one.

I love my Razan but really, there are other CHEAPER alternatives like the Al Fakher healthy hose or that washable hose on Hookah-Shisha
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I have yet to see anyone i know or even myself hold a Nammor/Razan by the handle. EVERYONE i have seen holds it by the mouthip, all the time, no matter what, even when resting. I'm beginning to wonder what the point is of long handles.
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:02 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I have yet to see anyone i know or even myself hold a Nammor/Razan by the handle. EVERYONE i have seen holds it by the mouthip, all the time, no matter what, even when resting. I'm beginning to wonder what the point is of long handles.
I tend to hold my hose under the bottom part of the handle pouf. I dunno why I have done it that way since I got it. Probably wont switch either. I think its comfortable.
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:32 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
I tend to hold my hose under the bottom part of the handle pouf. I dunno why I have done it that way since I got it. Probably wont switch either. I think its comfortable.
Me too. I have to be careful with the tip as it sits just a little bit loose in the handle.

Old June 24th, 2008, 08:38 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
Im pretty sure I do the same thing. I know I dont hold the mouthpiece part, THATS JUST AWKWARD!
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I've had my Nammor nearly a year now and have had no problems at all. No breaks, no leaks, no problems. I hold the Nammor by the handle. I take care of the stuff I buy, some folks are rough on stuff, not saying you were.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

I got a nammor a little while back. I really like it. Sucks you had trouble with yours.
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:19 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

haha i just realized Nammor is Romman spelt backwards lol
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:45 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I have (2) 1st run Nammors... I love them, hands down! I'll never replace them unless they break... I like my Razan, but like a few others - the red grommet came out and now I have to glue the sucker back so the mouthtip stays put. But.... I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have heard if you drop the mouthtip piece, it can break, but I often hold mine (in my mouth while video gaming) by the tip and other than a few teeth marks, all 3 of them are peachy.

Now, don't get me wrong - I like me some MYA hoses too, but I have to have my Nam/Raz. One day I'll get a KM to see how they are too.... someday, over the rainbow...
Old June 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

My Nammor has been performing flawlessly for a year. My Razan is a few months old and performs equally as well. I was told they are made in the same factory, so if you are hoping one will perform differently than the other I dont think you can make that conclusion.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:39 AM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

I'm seeing a number of these Nammor vs. Razan posts. Aren't they identical and mfg'd by the same company? It's just a different brand name and maybe different colors, right? Why a Nammor would "fall apart" any sooner than a Razan (Nazar backwards BTW) is beyond me
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Davis18
Hookah Nut

you must have just gotten unlucky...but i doubt untill this happens alot alot more no one will stop buying them
Old June 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

I have 6 nammor's now.. first one the plug in part snapped, but that was cause a friend of mine dropped it. Three of them have had no trouble. 1 the hose came out of the handle cause another friend was swinging it around by the hose, and generally mistreating it(ive told him to stop being a moron since then). The sixth someone crushed the handle piece's interior pipe by stepping on it, but thats not too big a deal, it works okay.
All six still work, They've all been easily fixed(save the crushed pipe one, no way to fix) with super-glue, the breaks have been stuff that I would call above and beyond normal wear and tear.
All of them still function just fine.
Old June 25th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

If you stop "washing" them you will be fine!

Seriously, I don't wash any of my hoses, even the ones that are "washable"

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

My first Razan fell apart because I washed it with scalding hot water which broke down the hot glue, since then with my new ones I've had no dramas just washing them out with warm water.
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
madklown06
Hookah Newbie

im with sam. just dont wash them. i dont wash any of my hoses and they are fine.
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:31 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The breaks were (in order of appearance)
The acrylic hose end that was in my hookah, while trying to remove it gently. I had heard about the acrylic being a bit touchy. This was the fist day I had it and the first smoke. This netted me a second hose and was easily fixed

Next the grommet popped out and the glue just fell off. No hot water, not after a wash, no extra force. Just fell out ofter a smoke. Easily fixed.

Lastly, yesterday my friend was smoking on it and half way through a drag the hose popped off right above the lower poof. A little harder to fix since I had to re-wrap the handle and the thread that held it on. Then I sealed it in place and glued the hose back together.

I baby all of my stuff. The only extra abuse they see is when my buddy gets the hose. He has a tendency to rest the hose on the table just below the fabric and make a tight bend in the hose that I do not like.

By the by I hold mine by the handle closer to the second fabric piece. Nice and comfy.

Last edited by kalutika; June 25th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I've had a nammor and razan. My razan has held up better than the nammor because I had issues w/ it and tried to be more careful this time.

Even with taking care of the hose it fell apart. It's not a big deal though. I think the reason the hoses are falling apart, especially at the glue spots is because of the smoke. There is water vapor in it, and in doing so, it keeps passing through the glue which after smoking it a few times causes the glue to weaken, unstick and come apart.

I just re-hot glue my hose back together when it breaks, or comes apart or starts to unravel. It Still looks brand new, still functions and holds for a while longer till i glue it again. I also beat the shit out of my hose. I take care of it, but occasionally it gets stepepd out, sat on, pulled or tugged to hard and everyone holds it by the plastic mouth piece instead of the handle!!!!! So yes, a hot glue gun works wonders and i'm still satisfied with my purchase now that i have found a good easy fix

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

I donno about that really. What's the point in buying a washable then? get a KM - close to or same as a Nommar but non washablefrom what I've come to understand.

I just run some lemon juice though it and rinse with cool water.

My Nommar hose; leaks on both ends. Teh leak by the stem can be pretty bad depending on if the leak is facing up or down. If it's under the bend as the hose comes off the stem it's a little better. The red grommet that holds the mouth piece in place was actually lose from the hose or mouth pice. I just figured hey its a grommet I know what to do with it lol turns out it should be glued into the hose. or so I have heard.

Called H-S to try and return it, it was a yule gift from my roommate. I was refused. The amount of time he had bought it in advance to using it after xmass created in issue. So $25 hose that I'd love to strangle someone with.

I agree, avoid Nommar hoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madklown06 View Post
im with sam. just dont wash them. i dont wash any of my hoses and they are fine.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook