Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

sticks or regular charcoals?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Sport City's Avatar
Sport City
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 363
Send a message via ICQ to Sport City
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

I like the sticks better :P
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Pato, what city in Mexico are you in?

Maybe if it's close to Guadalajara or Atotonilco, I just might stop by.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:51 PM
patodrums's Avatar
patodrums
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 220
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
Pato, what city in Mexico are you in?

Maybe if it's close to Guadalajara or Atotonilco, I just might stop by.

haha no sorry I live in Monterrey that is in the northeast part of México... Guadalajara is in the midwest so I live a bit far of Guadalajara... maybe like 10 hours driving
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM
larrypzlast's Avatar
larrypzlast
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alamogordo, New Mexico
Posts: 1,365
Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodrums View Post
haha no sorry I live in Monterrey that is in the northeast part of México... Guadalajara is in the midwest so I live a bit far of Guadalajara... maybe like 10 hours driving
I am going to be residing in austin Tx by next year, and that is pretty close! We might have to get together and smoke eh?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM
patodrums's Avatar
patodrums
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 220
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
I am going to be residing in austin Tx by next year, and that is pretty close! We might have to get together and smoke eh?
Yeah is not that far is like 6-7 hours driving but I have family in texas in brownsville so I can drive there stay like 2 days and then go to austin. Yeah we totally gotta meet to smoke a real nice hookah, cya around dude!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
vegasvic's Avatar
vegasvic
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 401
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

My observation of the coal progression for the average hookah smoker (totally unscientific) goes something like this: quick lites-> shaped fingers/exoticas -> natural lemon/olive wood -> coconara.

I have all of them in some form, and I never use the quick lights (the freebies that you get with orders). I begin to panic when I get low on coconaras and start deciding if the bowl is "coconara-worthy", and if not I'll use finger coals or some natural olive wood coals from the emergency stash.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Bassism's Avatar
Bassism
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, On, Canada
Posts: 171
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

I'm liking my exoticas so far. They're cleaner and longer lasting than QLs. They also ash better. Plus you can custom size them to give the exact heat you need.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:11 PM
patodrums's Avatar
patodrums
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 220
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasvic View Post
My observation of the coal progression for the average hookah smoker (totally unscientific) goes something like this: quick lites-> shaped fingers/exoticas -> natural lemon/olive wood -> coconara.

I have all of them in some form, and I never use the quick lights (the freebies that you get with orders). I begin to panic when I get low on coconaras and start deciding if the bowl is "coconara-worthy", and if not I'll use finger coals or some natural olive wood coals from the emergency stash.
You're the first one that mentions the lemonwood...do you think they're better than the exoticas!? cause I think I may be able to get them here in Mexico.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:07 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Status: Offline
Deleted Per User Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodrums View Post
You're the first one that mentions the lemonwood...do you think they're better than the exoticas!? cause I think I may be able to get them here in Mexico.
They're bulk charcoals. The only bulk ones I have every tried are Sbs

Imo they are a real pain in the ass! lol joke lol

They take forever to light..And they are the worse smelling charcoals I have ever used. My room has been smelling like a ghetto campfire for the past 3 days. Thats how bad it is.

Also, bulk charcoals are infamous for going out if you don't keep on hitting the hookah.

Heh but thats just me :P Bulk charcoals aren't for me at all and that is why I stick with my exoticas :P
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: sticks or regular charcoals?

Canary Golden Charcoal is the most stable and consistant charcoal at the time being.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just bought some sticks Scoop Cigars & Pipes Discussion 12 June 24th, 2008 12:54 AM
Herbal and Regular shisha mixes Weezle89 Hookah Discussion 0 June 21st, 2008 11:34 PM
how long are you supposed to wait after you put the charcoals on? greenboarder89 Hookah Discussion 6 December 22nd, 2007 10:43 AM
AF golden seal and Regular AF Liquid Clouds Hookah Discussion 6 December 2nd, 2007 04:14 PM
Easy Lite (Black Box) Charcoals NazarHookah Hookah Discussion 15 June 30th, 2007 12:34 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.