Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Positive impact from smoking the hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 25th, 2008, 06:00 AM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx
Default Positive impact from smoking the hookah

Back when I had first starting Hookahing, i smoked cigarettes, cancer stix, death twigs, whatever you wish to call them. I had been smoking for about four years, and was introduced through a good friend in real life to hookah..

Next thing you know, i went to a head shop and bought one of those tiny 12" starter hookahs,i had it for about 6 months and just neeeeeded more...So, i just recently purchase an ice torrent from hookah-shisha.com.

It has been about a week, and i noticed yesterday that my "pack a day" is officially done. I didn't have one cigarette at all and nor did i crave them. I only smoke like one bowl of shisha in the morning and one bowl at night.

I'm going to do the same thing today and if i dont crave then im officially done with that junk.

I was just wondering if hookahs have done anything good for you...
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Positive impact from smoking the hookah

I wish it worked like that for my BF, he's tried to replace the ciggy's with the hookah, but he claims it doesn't have enough nicotine for him (he often smokes a ciggy while hitting the hookah, the nook). I even bought him some Zaghloul and Tangiers - both he complained where too strong to smoke! BLARG!

I'm gonna start trying again.... using your story as a pivot point.
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I quit smoking cigarettes about two years ago. The hookah was a crutch and really helped me to get by any cravings I had for cigarettes. I now have absolutely no desires to smoke a cigarette! BLAH, nasty habit for sure!

Sure I smoke hookah or a cigar now and then, but it is far less and far less convenient then to smoke a cigarette. I am really glad I quit!

Nothing you smoke is good for you, but personally, in my opinion, I think the worst thing to smoke is a cigarette .. because they are just tooooo convenient, full of chemicals, and addictive as hell!

Tobacco is my love, and I will continue to enjoy a good cigar or hookah on occasion. However, cigarettes I am done with! NEVER again!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 25th, 2008, 09:53 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

I was smoking up to a pack and a half a day (being bored overseas will do that to you)

but once I got back, and started smoking hookah, I will go DAYS without a cigarette. MAYBE I'll smoke a cigarette a day, but by then, the pack has been open for a while, and then it taste like crap anyway. my last pack lasted me about 2 and a half weeks :O
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

Since I started smoking hookah my pack and half to two packs dwindled to about half a pack if I'm bored. If i'm busy all day I just smoke a hookah bowl at night and no cig's. Hookah helps.
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

That is great news man! Alot of extra ugly stuff in the death stix. I smoke them from time to time, but never a pack a day. Hookah is a tastier and somewhat cleaner way to get your nic fix.
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

I usually smoke hookah about once every 2 days now but continue to smoke cigarettes on occasion. Before I would do around 3-5 bowls a day and not have 1 cig the entire day. Whenever im in my dipping or hookah binge I smoke almost no cigarettes at all for the time being. It a real nice crutch in my opinion.
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:13 PM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

It makes me feel like I have honestly taken my life back from "death stix" as larry loves to put it.
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:22 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah many people have turned to the "hookah side" and have stopped smoking cigs all together

I remembered I bought a pack of cigs just to try 'em out and I got easily addicted the first day. I was smoking these for a few days without any hookah and I just had more cravings for more

Then, I started up a bowl again and I never wanted cigs ever again after that
Old June 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I never liked cigarettes, too hot and harsh with no real flavour. I don't think that anyone will get any health upsides from narghiles unless it basically ends cigarette use. Any sort of smoking carries a substantial, if wildly overstated, risk so in the end you do it because of what it adds to the quality of life in terms of ritual, friendship and aesthetics. Of course before you smoke you should seriously consider the risks and make sure you do it out a love of tobacco rather then a desire to be "hip". I don't think it's the powerful addiction I always hear about for the simple reason that unlike every other clinical addiction almost everyone that has stopped smoking has done so without medical assistance. A few times a year I stop for 2 or 3 weeks just to see if any of the symptoms of withdraw kick in and they never do so....
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:21 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

I don't know if this counts really but I'll put this down anyway. Hookah just helps me settle down after a long day. I don't smoke cigarettes as I do find them gross.

Well my brother and I used to just kind of shut ourselves up in our rooms at night and not really talk. Since we've gotten a hookah we spend most of the nighttime sitting on the couch smoking and talking about nothing at all. I'm pretty glad about that, and the fact that we now have a tv in the living room.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:00 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

For some reason I first tried the hookah before the cigarettes so when I tried them I just totally hate them. I prefer like a 1000 times smoke a nice hookah with my friends that being smoking filthy cigarettes all day long as almost all my friends do, I now is healthier and I think the best thing about hookah is the moment it gives to you. Yeah that moment of relax and thinking or maybe that nice conversation that flows with. I think that most of us enjoy the hookah because we like it no because we are dependent of it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook