Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Exoticas - Not getting hot enough?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Exoticas - Not getting hot enough?

I am in Florida, and have no problems with the Exotica coals, and I take no precaution to prevent humidity on them.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeah they work great even if they do crack a lil.. the still work fine.. i get great smoke and great sessons from exoticas they are my go to coal...
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hookah Newbie

I've had them for a month or so and couldn't be happier. Way better than the quick lights I was using.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Moderator Kitteh
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

My exotica's are fine and I live about 15 minutes from samb. I have used many many many boxes, and only had an issue with one box and that was back during the weird water container issue w/ gabe. There is tons and tons and tons of humidity here in FL and my exotica's are ashing fine and smoking fine. I usually get 45- 1 hr at least out of the coals. I always use my wind covers though.

Occasionally they will chip/ or crack, but I use 2 pieces cut into 3rds and they are great for me and my bowls.

I have some coconaras on the way and i;ll give those a shot and give my comparisson of the two when i get them.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hookah Newbie

Hi Guys and Gals,
Last night, I tried the exoticas again. I left them on the coil burner until they were red hot all over and then I pointed a heat gun on them for about half a minute. The heat gun I have outputs a pretty strong air current which is at 1000 F. In summary I ensured that the coals were evenly lit all over . I turned the coals over every 10 minutes or so while I was smoking and they still lost a whole lot of heat after 20 minutes or so.

I am not trying to knock down Exoticas here or anything, I think I might just have a bad batch. I will surely try another box when this one is gone and report back. Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.
The simpsons dicussion

Last edited by mack65401; May 5th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to Martello

Well yeah, that's goingto happen. Are you ashing them regularly? After 20 min or so pick them up and gently tap them on your ash tray or what i do is tap the top of the coal with ta tongs. makes all the difference. I only get 45 min out of exotica but that seems long enouogh to me lol.

Also be sure to use 3/4 finger next time if you havent already

Originally Posted by mack65401 View Post
Hello everyone,
I just bought a single coil burner from Walgreens and a kilo box of exoticas online. I have been experimenting with the coals and I agree with everything regarding how clean they burn and not alter the taste, etc. etc.

My problem is though, they seem to loose all of their heat after about 20 minutes and the smoke gets thinner and thinner unless I start using a windcover to trap the heat. I have also heard people say that they last forever but in my case they seem to last for about 45 mins max.

My setup is a 26 inch no name Egyptian, with absolutely no leaks, a small funnel bowl and usually tangiers or al fakher tobacco. I use 3 quarter pieces on the bowl once they are red hot all over and usually smoke inside so no heat is lost due to air currents etc. I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong or if you have any suggestions... Thanks in advance.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook