Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah on the way!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 25th, 2008, 05:44 PM
MikeJ112
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah on the way!

I've just ordered my Hookah! Got a 75cm single pipe hookah with all the bits and pieces. Also ordered Grape & Mint Al Fakhar and comes with 2 packs of Soex herbal smoke!

Some pics to follow when it arrives!
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Hookah on the way!

w00t, congrats! Can't wait to see the pics!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

Oh boy! It came with some Soex?! Just kidding, I guess Soex is pretty terrible, but congrats on the hookah and AF!
Old June 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM
madklown06
Hookah Newbie

thats excite mayne? is it your first hookah purchase?
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:11 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Enjoy your new hookah pipe! The AF mint is fantastic stuff. Can be mixed in with anything for a nice refreshing smoke. Very coooling. Congrats on your purchase. Let us know how everything smokes!
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:16 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new rig and tell us how it smokes once you get it
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Nice purchase dude! Is a pretty acceptable size also the al fakher flavors are great the mint is gonna give you some nice and refreshing sessions, also the grape flavor is great and the soex well I have never tried it but I haven't heard good things either.
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Congrats on everything BUT the soex. I'd say try it for S-n-G's, but don't say you weren't warned, that stuff is pretty nasty.
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:31 AM
MikeJ112
Hookah Newbie

Hahaha yeah i didnt think it would be up to much, but it was thrown in so hey! This is my first purchase, I placed my order with TheShishaShop.com yesterday, just checked the courier tracking site and its already on a van to be delivered today! Nice one ShishaShop!!
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:49 AM
MikeJ112
Hookah Newbie

Ok I recieved my Hookah about an hour ago

First impressions were'nt too good, as the package had a rip in it! I took out the contents tho and everything seemed to be intact. I will post some pics up later of my rig.

I have already smoked it, I bought Al Fakhar mint & grape. The grape came in a clear bag, rather than the normal 50g box. The mint came as it should. I smoked the grape just now, it wasnt quite what I expected. I read a post about it smelling of ketchup, it did smell of grape but the taste was a little odd. It was REALLY wet, where as the mint was quite firm, so im wondering if its possibly a bad batch or something There was no production date on the pack either

I will review my Hookah later on for you all
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ112 View Post
Ok I recieved my Hookah about an hour ago

I have already smoked it, I bought Al Fakhar mint & grape. The grape came in a clear bag, rather than the normal 50g box. The mint came as it should. I smoked the grape just now, it wasnt quite what I expected. I read a post about it smelling of ketchup, it did smell of grape but the taste was a little odd. It was REALLY wet, where as the mint was quite firm, so im wondering if its possibly a bad batch or something There was no production date on the pack either

I will review my Hookah later on for you all

No Al Fakher should come in clear bags! I am guessing what they did was take a normal 250g box of AF and made smaller boxes out of them. As for the taste, it appears you had a bad batch, sorry. I am NOT going to buy AF grape until they sort their stuff out; lost out too many time then I care to remember.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
MikeJ112
Hookah Newbie

I'm having a bit of a dilemma now to be honest! My smoke seems to be very thin and really dry in the throat. Ive tried both my flavors and its the same on both. I'm wondering whats wrong, could it be the coal im using? It is Excelsior QL coal.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

never heard of these coals but that may be what's giving you the dry tickle.as for the grape, ifi it smells ok than it's not a bad batch.The new batches of AF are much weter than the old, btw.If the mint had a plain red tear strip, w/out the af logo on it than it is an older batch and would be dryer.Still fine though.
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ112 View Post
I'm having a bit of a dilemma now to be honest! My smoke seems to be very thin and really dry in the throat. Ive tried both my flavors and its the same on both. I'm wondering whats wrong, could it be the coal im using? It is Excelsior QL coal.
Thats the type of QL I sometimes use. Instead of using one, you have to use one and half to get decent smoke.
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
MikeJ112
Hookah Newbie

Thanks all for the comments! I have just got back from a trip to Portsmouth, and ive had another go. I bought some Bacofoil and used it instead of the foil I had, the tobacco seemed to burn more evenly and I actually enjoyed the smoke instead of choking on it, so i think it could be the foil I was using. I also used a birthday candle holder instead of a pin to make the holes in the foil, so perhaps this is it!!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook