Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

WORST HOOKAH BAR EVER

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 25th, 2008, 09:58 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Default WORST HOOKAH BAR EVER

So i went to this hookah bar the other night...with my cousin..i havent been to a hookah bar in a while cuz i dont see a point in spending money to smoke hookah when i can make the same thing at home.

so he ordered double apple and they said u have to buy at least 2 drinks as well. so he did. the hookah and 2 waters came out to 20 dollars! and i was really mad but my cousin calmed me down and said dont worry about it your my guest and were here to relax.

So 10 minutes later the hookah comes...it was a KM and the first thing i noticed was like coal which was only half red. the rest was clearly black and i was just like are you kidding me?! and then i waited until the rest burned and started to smoke. the first 2 hits were so smoke filled but no flavor. then it was burning and tasted like ass. i looked to see what the problem was and i noticed that the shisha was hanging over the bowl and the foil looked like someone balled up it. unrolled it then put it on. it was on loose with HUGE holes. and the thing made me so upset i just wanted to jump over the counter and say let me make it!

anyways for anyone who lives in virgina in the dulles/loudon/fairfax area this place was SPHINX

i will never go back there in my life. and im really disappointed for all the smokers that will try it there and end up hating hookah.

this post is so long im just angry and ranting lol
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: WORST HOOKAH BAR EVER

Yeah thats what I hate about some lounges. They pack the most shittiest bowls so that the tobacco will burn faster. hence, so the owner will get more money when you order more bowls.

I only go to one hookah bar and its called The Spot in Socal. Best hookah bar around imo and not a lot of people complain because they actually CARE about their customers and the way they set up everything
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Never been to a lounge... well.. once but.. nevermind... But yeah i have never been to a lounge.
They don't seem very fun... i would rather work there.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah one of my friends went to this place called Habibi's around the valley somewhere

She said it was one of the most crappiest bars she's gone to EVER. First off, they put way too many coals on the bowl and she asked for tongs so she could move it around, they said no. So basically she was smoking harsh tobacco for God knows how long.

Also, after that her and her friend who went there got a cold the next day or something. Now that's just sick! How the hell can you be lazy to not clean the hoses after people use them? That's some shitty customer service right there.

I usually like to smoke only at home and maybe lounges once in a while. I haven't gone since my 18th bday

Last edited by JillyIsJustKidding; June 25th, 2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

no reason for a lounge more relaxing in ur house some music maybe a movie.. and just smoke at ur own pase and not ahve to worry about money and its being all messed up..
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

i used to work in a lounge for about 8 moths and let me say, it's alot more fun working there than smoking at one. sooo many perks!

i got all my tobacco and coals at wholesale cost, and also i smoked there pretty much all day when i worked so that was sweet. i think i was the only one that worked there that knew how to pack a bowl =(

it's sad really, it's like if you don't know shit about hookahs then you shouldn't open a lounge just a very overpriced way to say yay i did something today.

one time i went to a lounge with a couple friends and we had to smoke out of chinese modern juniors which i despise, then the flavor was so shitty that we all ended up throwing up outside except zach, he threw up in front of everyone. never again will i go to another lounge unless it's hookahbliss in NC or eric(tangiers) lounge. never.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

My first hookah experience was a lounge experience, and I was fourtunate enough to enjoy it to the fullest.

The price was reasonable, paid about 12 bucks for 2 bowls of tobacco and 4 sets of coals or something or another. Also we didn't have to buy drinks . I don't even know what kinda rule that is anyway lol. Well we were going to pay 12 bucks but we were the last folks in there for the night before closing and the man who was running the place at the time was like "its on the house."

We were pretty excited about that! The flavor was romman coconut. The man packed it well, as I remember the tasty huge clouds. I can't remember what the hookah was but the fact that it was egyptian. With the bent hose port and the way the stem looked. Overall a great place, watched some boxing on their plasma tv's. I would go there again for sure

It sucks that the lounge you went to sucked, but there are some good ones out there believe it or not.
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
My first hookah experience was a lounge experience, and I was fourtunate enough to enjoy it to the fullest.

The price was reasonable, paid about 12 bucks for 2 bowls of tobacco and 4 sets of coals or something or another. Also we didn't have to buy drinks . I don't even know what kinda rule that is anyway lol. Well we were going to pay 12 bucks but we were the last folks in there for the night before closing and the man who was running the place at the time was like "its on the house."

We were pretty excited about that! The flavor was romman coconut. The man packed it well, as I remember the tasty huge clouds. I can't remember what the hookah was but the fact that it was egyptian. With the bent hose port and the way the stem looked. Overall a great place, watched some boxing on their plasma tv's. I would go there again for sure

It sucks that the lounge you went to sucked, but there are some good ones out there believe it or not.

my first experience was at 9 years old. my dad let me take a puff and then when i got older i loved it.

but i love going to the lounges. some of them. ive never been to Sphinx and im never going back! lol
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:30 AM
YA-MEZ
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to YA-MEZ

wow...that really does suck..like alot...in phoenix..when i was visiting there was one called Harrem and every time we drove by i was like "i want to smoke you" lol so my sis called them up and they said they were 21+...LAME...yeah everytime i went...NO ONE and i mean NO ONE had alcohol!!! WHAT GIVES!!!!!!
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:52 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Yeah I know what that feels here in my city there's like hookah coffee, it's called the egyptian. They have to most hideous hookahs I've ever seen in my life, almost have like 3 years old, they just wash them like twice a week when they use them every single day. The only brand they work with is prince moasell wich is the worst one, they also have the worst charcoals ever made those things makes you feel dizzy after 3 hits. It's unbelievable and a shame that almost all the people have they first contact with the hookah culture in places like that.
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

i never smoked a good hookah in a bar ...
the last time ive been to a hookah bar, there was a cheap egyptian hookah with nakhla tobacco and a 33mm three kings coal ...
it was disgusting, but kinda cheap: 3.50€ ($5).

fortunately i had some al fakher grape in my backpack, so i asked, whether i can use my own shisha and two of these 33mm three kings
the guy in the bar was nice and made it like i wanted it for 1.50€ with my own shisha ^^ later i asked him, if he want to try it - he was surprised, how good a hookah can be
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
emesola
Hookah Newbie

there is 2 good lounges by me, I'm in a college town. However one time back at home in south Florida, I had a bad experience....we asked for mint, they didn't give us mint. Then they tried to say, oh but it really is mint. I made them try it. Needless to say , we got our money back.
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I've been to Fusion Cafe here in Anaheim.

It's decent. A bit overpriced, but nothing special.

The Oddessy in San Diego, though, is a totally different story...
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

well if you want to take a drive down to hampton roads area hit lazy days, one of the best lounges, one of the managers just moved in with a good friend and the owners/managers are some of the coolest people

supposedly they are going to branch out to richmond so it will be like hour - 90 mins from you but most of the stuff in richmond is also junk

-matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i have been to one it was in chicago called north park hookah lounge it was pretty good
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Feru
Hookah Newbie

There are three lounges in the area, and they all pack a pretty decent bowl, let you manage your own coals, and ice the base for you, but I never go to any of them unless It's some sort of special occasion. They all start around $20 for a bowl and an extra $5 for every additional person who wants to smoke off it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook