Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Has anyone tried the LEILA?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Default Has anyone tried the LEILA?

I watched the sambooka video of the LEILA review and I was amazed by how handy it is. Actually that hookah is my dream I can see myself hitting the road smoking hookah in my car without ash mess. I wonder if any of you have tried this hookah and tell me it it is a good invertion.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Re: Has anyone tried the LEILA?

Well, since you watched sambookas video I assume you heard what he thought about it! That is really the only opinion you are gonna get. I don't think very many other people own one of those things. Its a nice concept I will admit!
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:56 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

It looks pretty cool...Like you can smoke while driving and not having to worry about coals falling. But geez $100 for that? I'd rather get a KM with lots of shisha and coals :P but that's just me
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I licked one once!!

My review tells my opinion. For whatever it is worth ... I will take it on my next road trip and see how it does out on the road in my new car.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I licked one once!!

My review tells my opinion. For whatever it is worth ... I will take it on my next road trip and see how it does out on the road in my new car.
Offtopic I know, but sam what did you end up getting?

Back on topic. Although it has that screen thing at the top I would be deathly afraid of hitting a really big bump and send that that thing flying out of the cupholder. Other than that it would be pretty awesome.
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I got a civic, good on gas!

The leila should fit in the cup holder nicely and is center console .. will try it out soon

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I got a civic, good on gas!

The leila should fit in the cup holder nicely and is center console .. will try it out soon
Yeah I saw your video and you said great things about it but when you try it in road lemme know I wanna now how it works while you're driving.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:55 PM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I licked one once!!
Funniest. Thang. Evar!

Yeah, I'd just like to know if it's worth the money. I mean what was it, a hundred bones? But I guess you pay for the portability?

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
I licked one once!!

You're finally coming to CA, can't wait to see you man!
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:57 PM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

I think one would be very cool for a road trip, but... not sure If i would want to smoke in my car...
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:12 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
I licked one once!!
Yes sam. Yes you did.

Lmao that part of the vid was random but hilarious
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

hahaha, the Leila tastes goooood!

Anyhow, roadtrip to CA! ahah that would be great! But that would be a long ass drive!

The big question on everybody's mind is, whether it is worth the money or not?
Well, for roadtrips, it is a nice compact system. You are paying for the "portability"!
as for big hitting, it is not a big hitter, you will burn your tobacco and the assembly if you try to get overzealous with your coal! In my review I try to "STRESS" that if you put to much coal, you will melt the assembly! That would be bad! So with minimal coal, you get some clouds, but they are small clouds and if you keep them small clouds with a small amount of coal, you should have a flavorful smoke that will last you quite a while. in theory

overall, for a roadtrip it would be nice portable and compact for smoking some hookah if you get bored easily. But this is NOT a KM, MZ, or one of the bigger badder hookahs! It is a portable unit that provides portable smoke. That is what you have to consider. It is a NICE compact package. It is more of a novelty item that is useable on long roadtrips. This is not the hookah you would want to buy as your first hookah!

The difference is a portable fan compared to a wall mounted AC unit. Sure the portable fan is nice to have! but the AC unit is your first purchase! Portable fan is second as a backup.

Old June 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeahh actually me and my buds were talkinga bout going on a road trip to ca next summer.. right after school is out.. and i said yo we can go smoke with john.. and tinkinga bout it i would deff pick one of these up for the road.. if u split with with like 6 ppl its not that much money your throwing down for it.. down the road i might look into one..
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:33 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
hahaha, the Leila tastes goooood!

Anyhow, roadtrip to CA! ahah that would be great! But that would be a long ass drive!

The big question on everybody's mind is, whether it is worth the money or not?
Well, for roadtrips, it is a nice compact system. You are paying for the "portability"!
as for big hitting, it is not a big hitter, you will burn your tobacco and the assembly if you try to get overzealous with your coal! In my review I try to "STRESS" that if you put to much coal, you will melt the assembly! That would be bad! So with minimal coal, you get some clouds, but they are small clouds and if you keep them small clouds with a small amount of coal, you should have a flavorful smoke that will last you quite a while. in theory

overall, for a roadtrip it would be nice portable and compact for smoking some hookah if you get bored easily. But this is NOT a KM, MZ, or one of the bigger badder hookahs! It is a portable unit that provides portable smoke. That is what you have to consider. It is a NICE compact package. It is more of a novelty item that is useable on long roadtrips. This is not the hookah you would want to buy as your first hookah!

The difference is a portable fan compared to a wall mounted AC unit. Sure the portable fan is nice to have! but the AC unit is your first purchase! Portable fan is second as a backup.
Sambooka you have a point in there, I think that for first hookah it would probably be a waste of money, but if you're stuck in the traffic or you have a considerable journey I dunno maybe an hour driving this thing will probably make the trip easier. But thx for the info I was wondering the hitting factor aswell as the taste... I don't care If I cloud like volcano, with the clouds I saw in your review I'm ok. I hope someday I'll be able to buy that "sexy beyotch" (quoting sambooka haha). thx a lot!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook