Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

gar, having to go to a lounge/friends instead of having my own

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 26th, 2008, 06:27 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default gar, having to go to a lounge/friends instead of having my own

gar, just venting, a friend is coming into town and wants to hookah so of course they want to go to the lounge. no issues there its a great lounge but it just pisses me off that i have to put in 5ish bucks to share a hookah. going to a friends isnt too bad but its still not mine.

of course i cant really pick up a nice rig for about 6-7 weeks cause im home for the summer from school (and even though im 19 just dont want to deal with the awkwardness with the rents plus the fact i would have to smoke it out side in the wonder VA heat so thats a big no go as well)

curse my luck,

-matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89
Default Re: gar, having to go to a lounge/friends instead of having my own

i did not want to deal with parents either but i really wanted my hookah and so i was like hey i am 19 its legal
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ya i debated it but the facts that my only friends around home here that i smoke with have hookahs at there place and its uber hot here (8pm and 90s still) so meh

-matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

ok i am so confused here. Are you having a 1 person conversationw/ yourself? I can only see your posts ?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

you dont see jayrunner's post?
-matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty

Hello Mattathayde,
PakistaniMasty here - Man I could't wait that long for a Hookah I live at home I bought one I have it hidden my parents haven't found out and I've had it for a good couple of months now man you should totally just buy one and hide it, it's totally worth it and it'll save you money beats going to a lounge.
~PakistaniMasty~
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:54 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

ya i know, but i can hold my self off for a few more weeks and just bum off friends, but ya im disliking driving 20 mins to the lounge

-matt
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:01 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakistaniMasty View Post
Hello Mattathayde,
PakistaniMasty here - Man I could't wait that long for a Hookah I live at home I bought one I have it hidden my parents haven't found out and I've had it for a good couple of months now man you should totally just buy one and hide it, it's totally worth it and it'll save you money beats going to a lounge.
~PakistaniMasty~

haha I had the same problem cause when I started to smoke hookah I was 16 almost 3 years ago and when I bought my first one I was like 17 so I tought my parents would be mad if they catch me, but after 5 months of hidding it I explain them how it works and how harmless it is and they said it was ok that I can have it... so why don't you talk with your parents maybe they won't mind.
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
ok i am so confused here. Are you having a 1 person conversationw/ yourself? I can only see your posts ?
KK the second post is someone else, and the third post is the thread starter's response to the second post .

I love having a hookah at home. If I didn't it would be no hookah for me. There are no lounges anywhere near me within a 1hr drive. I also like the fact that it is WAY cheaper, and whenever I want to smoke I can, whether it be 6 in the morning or 3 in the morning I can just smoke at my house.
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:04 AM
wtp_J
Hookah Nut

The only time I would ever go to a lounge is just to have a night out, not necessarily to smoke hookah. I'd rather do it at home, playing a game, surfing the forum, or just relaxing ( I love laying down and smoking haha! I just keep forgetting not to jump up real quick ).
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

last time i went, they had a $7 minimum not including hookah...and the worst part, they didn't tell us we were under the limit, or by how much, they just charged us limit and TIP also...

never going back
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:31 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

well in the long run i guess im glad i went out there tonight, ran into a bunch of friends and saw a good friend who lives way down in FL now so meh... plus i got to have a nice relaxing drive in my new jeep after i got through the first 3 red lights.

ya i dont think my rents will have a huge deal with it i just think i will have to have less awkward conversations by getting after i move in to apartment, plus the fact of using it comfortably with some friends so meh

-matt
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Not a diss to people who live with their parents (did so myself till i was 21), but WHY are you hiding it from them?

If you are of legal age to purchase tobacco, why not come out in the open and explain what it is? I understand parents might flip, considering they probably think it's not used for tobacco.... but it gives you a prime chance to explain what it is and offer up that it (may) be healthier than smoking ciggys (and smells SO MUCH BETTER).

As silly as it may seem, the truth does often do better than hiding/lying to them. But I can understand why in some cases why it may be better to not show them, but remember - you're an adult (if your legal to purchase tobacco) if you handle things in an adult manner, it may look better for you in the long run.

Peace ya'll and smoke on

And now on topic.... I can understand NOT wanting to pay to hit a lounge when you have you're own to smoke. Heck, I have 6 rigs myself and still went (TWICE) to a lounge.... mostly because I didn't want the full hassle of playing hookah master to a group of 8 people (in my tiny little living room). And your so dang right about the VA weather! It's supposed to hit 103 today down here in HR! ARGH! I'm melting!
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:40 AM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

My mom got me my first hookah for my birthday when I turned 19 Only downside was I had to smoke it outside or in the garage. Garage was awesome, I bought a shitty sofa and a coffee table
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

well i dont hide it from my rents its just kind, idk more of a respect kinda thing, they really dont like smoking in general (even though hookah is totaly different than cigs but ya) i dont want to be doing it around them.

-matt
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
mexican3790
Hookah Newbie

out here its $10 for 2 people for some al amir that is ok but the people are soo kool to hang around to talk to lol
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican3790 View Post
out here its $10 for 2 people for some al amir that is ok but the people are soo kool to hang around to talk to lol
dang, we payed 26 for one hookah and 5 drinks, cool people but meh kinda expensive but i guess for a mixer thats ok (they used starbuzz and tangiers so meh)

-matt
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM
italpmp1
Hookah Newbie

i spent 50 at a hookah bar once i was like WTF lol
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

I thought the same thing, that my parents would hate me, but I ordered a hookah and it came in when she was visiting with a friend. The crazy thing about my mom is that she is SUPER conseher read the box she understood its a flavored tobacco without all that extra sh*t tharvative and thats a pipe for smoking ****.. But once I busted out the shisha and let t cigs have.. You may not be able to smoke it in the house, but just talk to them and let them know you are interested in something without as many health hazards as cigarettes.. They may come around.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Haha I'm still hiding mine and I haven't been caught for about almost a year (knock on wood).

But, I wouldn't risk if if your parents are super super strict. I don't think my mom would be uber pissed off...She prob will be a lil bit but will be disappointed. And ah and I know she's gonna go on about that speech about how my friends are a "bad influence" and yada yada yada when I'm really the one who got THEM into hookah! lol

Just wait it out until you move out or something. That's when I'm planning to tell my mom. By then, she'll respect it because I'll be 20 something by then.

Anyway...If you really want that hookah...talk to your parents about it. If they are't cool with it...Just offer that you will only smoke outside. Hey! Better than nothing right? lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook