Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tembo

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 28th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Tembo

I was fiddling about today and came upon a French shisha maker called Tembo and it looks like they make some interesting stuff based upon the description of the ma'sell. The also make a totally strange narghile that uses butane to heat the ma'sell in a special container. I always assumed that France must have a very lively narghile scene given that North Africans are a huge portion of the population but I don't know anyone from France that is into smoking so i'm pretty ignorant.

Anyway, check out the site and let me know what you guys think.

www.shishamania.fr
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:11 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Tembo

Pretty interesting! but isn't that kind of bad to have butane heating up the bowls because of all the chemicals and it probably will get the bowl too hot? Eh but I could be wrong
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am not sure about that as I suppose it depend upon the design of the bowl and how exactly you heat the shisa. If you could get rid of coals that would be simply fantastic. Of course I have no idea if it works well.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yea butane cemicals arent too good for you.. but who knows.. w.e haa pretty cool tho..(edit) thats now looking at it is really cool for like on the road.. or like on vacation soo you dont gotta have you whole hookah with you and worry about coals..
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

It's crazy something heat with butane, but I don't know maybe is a little bit dangerous and expensive, the hookah itself is 129 euros something around $200 US. But I don't know I love all the coals mess and the structure of the traditional hookah.
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I was fiddling about today and came upon a French shisha maker called Tembo and it looks like they make some interesting stuff based upon the description of the ma'sell. The also make a totally strange narghile that uses butane to heat the ma'sell in a special container. I always assumed that France must have a very lively narghile scene given that North Africans are a huge portion of the population but I don't know anyone from France that is into smoking so i'm pretty ignorant.

www.shishamania.fr
french moassel sounds interesting.France has a huge Morroccan and Algerian population, so yes, narghille must be popular there.
As for the butane shisha, Didn't Richard Pryor try this once?
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:53 PM
PostGymSmoker
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

www.shishamania.fr
The Shish'art looks amazing! The only thing I didnt like is that you either have to buy the Shisha cap that they sell kinda like the pre measured coffee caps, or you need their capsules which look pretty pricey. If you're like me the 100 pack that they sell would be gone real quick. Not a bad concept at all though. lol it looks like one of those assisted breathing machines
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The rig looks really neat but yeah, having to use the little capsules which aren't exactly cheap doesn't sit well with me. I sure would like to know how well the thing works in real life. The concept is very appealing to me.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I finally got a chance to try that wacky shish'art rig and I have to say it works pretty well. The tembo moassel that I tried tasted exactly like a good, if not great, cup of espresso and while flavourful it lasted just 30 minutes before the taste vanished altogeather. The rig does work as advertised which is to say that it works as well as decent mid sized conventional narghile which is much much more then was hoping for. However, the cost of the gas charges and the pre-packed moassel is too high and the range of flavours too narrow make me want to buy one and I have no idea how long the rig would last so I'll stick to my current collection.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

You don't have to buy the prepacked stuff.
You can use your own.

http://www.shishamania.fr/ecom.php?pid=15

Still pricey, though.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook