Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

new online hookah store!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 28th, 2008, 02:38 AM
moezzi
Vendor

Default new online hookah store!

hey there,

in the process of creating a new hookah website store. Atm im creating a coming soon page. This will include a suggestions box, email list box, contact us, and a loctaion selector.

From your experiences both as store owners and consumers, what else should i include with the coming soon page?

any tips on making it a great launch. Also if your worried ill be competing with any of you, to reassure you i actually wont be in the american market .

thank you
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:40 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: new online hookah store!

Heh awesome! Which market are you gonna open up in?

I think in your "coming soon" page...you should include what shishas, coals, and hookahs you plan to have in stock. That way, the customers will be even more stoked lol
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:53 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Heh awesome! Which market are you gonna open up in?

I think in your "coming soon" page...you should include what shishas, coals, and hookahs you plan to have in stock. That way, the customers will be even more stoked lol
Yeah that will work because if you put an estimate merchandise the customers would be able to post a better feedback in the suggestion box. Also you should do some contests or give aways, people just love them, aswell you have to be very delicate with customer service. So good luck man I hope you do some shipping to Mexico I'll totally buy some stuff from your store.
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:53 AM
moezzi
Vendor

I choose to keep my market a secret...

Yes thats a good idea. (list of products)
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If you want to have a shop worthy of support I suggest the following:

1) Have decent customer service. That means answering emails in a timely fashion, sending out order confirmations and tracking numbers and packing stuff well. It means correcting problems quickly and cheerfully when they crop up.

2) Carry high quality brass narghiles from Syria, Lebanon and Iran that you can't get else where

3) Unless you can sell the same brands of shisha I can get anywhere else for a lot less you'll need to carry stuff that is unique. I would suggest carrying anyone of the hundreds of brands that are not sold in the states. I would suggest carrying any of the numerous product lines made by Ahmed Jurak or the Oriental Tobacco company. What is not needed is another source for all the major brands that everyone knows and can get anywhere.
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:22 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

1) Have decent customer service. That means answering emails in a timely fashion, sending out order confirmations and tracking numbers and packing stuff well. It means correcting problems quickly and cheerfully when they crop up.

2) Carry high quality brass narghiles from Syria, Lebanon and Iran that you can't get else where

3) Unless you can sell the same brands of shisha I can get anywhere else for a lot less you'll need to carry stuff that is unique. I would suggest carrying anyone of the hundreds of brands that are not sold in the states. I would suggest carrying any of the numerous product lines made by Ahmed Jurak or the Oriental Tobacco company. What is not needed is another source for all the major brands that everyone knows and can get anywhere.
Take Hajo's advice to heart. He has a deal of experience in this subject. I hope that everything goes well with your store. Are you going to be serving the European market?
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:01 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

these are great suggestions Hajo. Many of us are big fans of the more obscure tradditional brands of moassel. And yes, we love our hand made brass syrian narghille. You would clearly have a loyal, be it small, base of customers. But let's be honest. From a business perspective, you gotta make some $ too. And these day all the kids wanna smoke thier Starbuzz though the KMs.
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Stefnnn
Hookah Newbie

Gotta have AF
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The problem for a new retailer is that people will patronize a seller that has either a fabulous selection or cheaper prices. I simply don't think that think that moezzi will have AF/HH/HF/AW/SB/Nakhla/Fantasia/Potion/Furami/Fusion etc. for less then anyone else and since I can get that stuff from several sources that have given me nothing but great service I don't have any motivation to risk trying someone else. Given that if I want some something a little different I can go to Hookah Company and get Al Ajamy or brick of tombac as well as the major brands i'd be hard pressed to come up with a reason to buy stuff from someone new that I never heard of.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Yeah as Hajo has been saying try to be as unique as you can, try to have something that makes a remarkable difference between you an your competence. For this you should do a little research or study about the market you're about to enter, to know wich are the most common products, a range of prices of them and how big is your market (you don't want to have a sea of products that you can't sell or takes a lot of time to sell, as you don't want a ton of orders you can't provide because you don't have the physical product in your warehouse).

These are just some of the basics you have to assume and understand to become a unique vendor, go as deep as you can in the market to find how can you be unique and have the breakpoint between you and your competitors, try to follow hajo advices in products range. As you're not in the american market maybe selling SB or tangiers is a nice idea because as I have seen the european vendors doesn't have this products. So keep working hard I hope we can see you in the market soon man!
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
moezzi
Vendor

atm i do have three tobacco brands and two charcoal brands that im yet to see anywhere or find any reviews about. i thought that wasnt such a good thing, but after reading your commnts i belive it may be a string point.

thanks for all the advise so far.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:28 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Competitive prices perhaps
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook