Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Crazy buzz

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM
cloudyboi
Hookah Newbie

Default Crazy buzz

Hey guys, well today I was at my cousins house trying out his new 28in Egyptian, Damn the thing was churning out some smoke but I don't now about 10mins into the session I started havening the worse buzz I think I've ever had. This thing was strong that I almost fell over standing up and I almost puked. I think we were smoking AF Cherry and we were using some Three kings I had brought over. I really don't know what could have caused the buzz this was the first time I've smoked from a larger hookah in about three months "I've been smoking from my mya bambino for a while now" Could it be that I'm just not used to smoking form a larger hookah are maybe we had some bad coals? He was buzzing off his ass also and couldn't figure out what was going on. Just wondering if anyones had an experience like this.

Cheers!
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Crazy buzz

were you drinkning alcohol? were you drinking water to keep you hydrated? were you breathing in between draws? it could be just too much smoke in a short time, it happens for many reasons. make sure you have already eaten and are hydrated. also, coals need to be lit all the way.
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
were you drinkning alcohol? were you drinking water to keep you hydrated? were you breathing in between draws? it could be just too much smoke in a short time, it happens for many reasons. make sure you have already eaten and are hydrated. also, coals need to be lit all the way.
Also you have to wash your hookah before its usage, even if this is new because some shops put some chemicals against metal corrotion in the stem and hose, or maybe it was bad stored and something licked inside. Other possible reason is the amount of coal you're using or the condition of the tobacco. I hope we can help you to figure out what was wrong. Good luck!
Old June 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

the craziest buzz i have ever gotten from my hookah is after about 15 beers, my head was buzzzzzzzzzzzing and it was amazing lol
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

There are a number of things you should do to keep this from happening again.

Number 1. Always pace your pulls, take a pull about every 30 seconds and breathe in between em.

Number 2. Make sure when you use 3kings especially that the coal is ashed over and glowing red. The chemicals from the coal can mess your world up.

Number 3. Always keep a snack or beverage on stand by while smoking. This will help.
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I'll be willing to bet you were just so damn excited to be smoking a big 'ol egyptian that you prolly over did it (see larrys' #1)!AF isn't known to buzz under any normal circumstance.
Qls' are just funky,and should be avoided unless circumstances warrant there use.naturals should always be the coal of choice, imo.

PS: Pay no mind to larrys "snack"theory.He has a bowl of chips and salsa on hand at all times, regardless!j/k
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:58 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post

PS: Pay no mind to larrys "snack"theory.He has a bowl of chips and salsa on hand at all times, regardless!j/k
That is correct for two reasons!

1. I am overweight due to delicious corn chips and salsa!

2. I am of a hispanic decent and corn chips and salsa has the cat nip effect on me.

:P :P
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
That is correct for two reasons!

1. I am overweight due to delicious corn chips and salsa!

2. I am of a hispanic decent and corn chips and salsa has the cat nip effect on me.

:P :P
Yeah we love corn chips and salsa is just great XD
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:44 AM
OCMusicJunkie
Hookah Nut

When using a bigger hookah that allows easy pulls, just make sure to pace yourself. You can get smoke so easy you forget to breath between pulls.

Be really careful with self-light coals. If even the smallest part of the coal isn't lit yet, you're going to be sucking in what amounts to lighter fluid fumes!
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Speaking of buzzes/headaches...I had the same thing happen today to me with SB Margarita.

I used a mod bowl (I haven't used this thing in months!) so I decided to use it today.

Oh boy...After my session, I had the huggest headache. I think its because of the fact the bowl gives the tobacco more surface area and that is why I got that headache.

I always chain out my MYA bowl and never had that prob until I used that mod one.
I've NEVER been this sick ever since I was a newbie to hookah.

WHoa it sucked..I felt sick and wanted to throw up(which I didn't) for 2 hours . NOT good times

Best advice is to not take draws one after another or else you will not be happy with the end result
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Tiago
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tiago Send a message via MSN to Tiago

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I bought my first hookah (Mya Staff, as faz as I could recognize at h-s) and Nakhla Chocomint to smoke in it, and then with my mom and stepfather, we made the hookah's debut. I think excitement messed me up and I forgot to pace myself haha, learning curve tho ... but that buzz was pretty strong, I had smoked hookah before and nothing like that ever affected me. hahaha It happens...
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:59 AM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

Make sure you eat, i know everyone has said it, but i have had some pretty bad ones, when i smoked on a empty stomach. always have water nearby, and pace yourself. unless you think you are an ultra badass, then have some fun with it.
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

well just throwing it out there in am not of hispanic decent i am of Italian Decent 100% and i love corn chips and salsa..anyway yeah every1 has said it pace ur self its the most inportant thing.. ur cutting off oxygen to ur brain when you smoke.. soo breathe inbetween every pull...keep coals wells ashed also
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:55 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I always forget to pace myself. I am terrible about it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook