Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

12" MYA QT Hookah + My 1st post on Hookah Pro!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM
yessamassa
Banned

Default 12" MYA QT Hookah + My 1st post on Hookah Pro!

Hello folks; I've perused the posts and information on this forum for a couple of weeks now...but this is my first post! I'm excited to be a member on the boards; as I can tell there are some great members on here.

I've enjoyed and learned a lot from sambooka's youtube videos on tips and product reviews...so that's what led me to join. Not to mention that I like hearing his intro music...smooth and relaxing .

I recently purchased a 12" MYA QT; will be receiving it soon...I just wanted to know what some of you guys thought about it (preferaby some insight from those that own one of these; or have had experiences with one).

Right now; I have two sizes of the Three Kings Coal...a roll of larger coals and a roll of smaller coals. Should I use (1) small coal to smoke the MYA QT with..or (1) large coal?

Also, I'm kind of wary because I keep seeing reviews and discussions on the 14"; even 13" MYA QT...but no discussion or mention of the 12".

Any and all input and advice will be appreciated.
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: 12" MYA QT Hookah + My 1st post on Hookah Pro!

I'd say 1 1/2 3 Kings for your MYA QT.

QTs are MYA's most popular hookah at the moment because of how good it smokes for such a lil hookah. But of course, the smoke might be a lil warm since the QT is small hookah but that is about it. I've tried one b4, they smoke pretty darn good but the smoke was a lil warm
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

I love my qt. im smoking from it right now actually! just watch the water level cause even a bit too much will cause it to go into the hose. if you have just the bowl that came with it use the smaller ones, otherwise the bigger ones though work just fine.

plus get a new hose, preferably a nammor or razan they wont rust like the mya hoses. aside from that you should be good! youll get great smoke from it and if you treat it right it will last awhile. mines coming up on 7 months and i havent had issues yet
Old June 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

welcome and you've joined a great community. have fun with your hookah!
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM
yessamassa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I'd say 1 1/2 3 Kings for your MYA QT.
thanks for the tip. just to clarify; are you saying use a 1 1/2 piece of the smaller disc of Three Kings coal?

Because I have two rolls...one consisting of the larger disced-coals, the other of the smaller disced-coals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
I love my qt. im smoking from it right now actually! just watch the water level cause even a bit too much will cause it to go into the hose. if you have just the bowl that came with it use the smaller ones, otherwise the bigger ones though work just fine.

plus get a new hose, preferably a nammor or razan they wont rust like the mya hoses. aside from that you should be good! youll get great smoke from it and if you treat it right it will last awhile. mines coming up on 7 months and i havent had issues yet
Thanks for your reply raid3n. I have a couple of more questions regarding the QT...

Since the vase is so small to begin with...should I add ice to the water as well (i mean is there room for it?) If there is room; how much ice can/should I add?

Also, about how far up should I fill the water past the stem? Oh and if JillyIsJustKidding happens to not see this post; can you answer my coal question?

Thanks.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:43 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

hmm i would say 2 of the smaller but seriously when those run out get some natural coals like Exoticas or Coco
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
hmm i would say 2 of the smaller but seriously when those run out get some natural coals like Exoticas or Coco
That is true. But the thing is...The smoke is gonna get a lil too hot easily with naturals. Yessa, if your planning to use naturals, make sure you use less coals or else the smoke will taste slightly hot/burnt. Hah trust me...Its cuz I have the MYA Nou Nou and I know from experience and it took a lil while to get used to :\

Yeah lol I meant 1 1/2 3K of the 33mm ones
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

1 40mm will do on a mya bowl.
1 33mm will do on a mya bowl if you use a windcover.
don't forget to let the coal turn completely red!
the water should be about 1 inch from the tip of the downstem. as for ice, try with ice, and then without. it's all about preference.
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM
telavani
Hookah Newbie

me and my friends usually put our qt into a bowl full of ice water to cool it because there isnt much room for ice in the vase.
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:32 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by telavani View Post
me and my friends usually put our qt into a bowl full of ice water to cool it because there isnt much room for ice in the vase.
cool idea. I know what you mean(ice cubes won't fit in the opening of the QT). What I did was found a ice cube tray that makes mini cubes and it works like a charm.
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I've got a QT and it works pretty well. As for the ice, try getting one of those little ice cube tray things. Or you could try those water bottle ice cube trays and bust those in half. Or take regular cubes and put them in a ziplock and hammer away! That's what I did untill I got the Sheecool.

Old April 6th, 2009, 11:04 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I love my QT I bought it 3-4 years ago and I still smoke out of it from time to time, its a great little hookah. My advice to you is smoke with your friends and enjoy it because thats what hookah is really about its about fun, friends, and possibly family. And steer away from AF grape lol.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

congratulations on the smaller hookah! What I did when I first started smoking hookah on my smaller Mya, with a small mya bowl was take one QL coal, and split them in half. Putting it on the edge of the bowl. Generally it worked, unless the shisha tobacco I was using was wetter than normal. I MEAN, Haubbly Baubbly tobacco.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
euroautolover
Hookah Nut

I absolutely love MYA hookahs. They are well made and smoke well. Let us know how the QT is!
Old April 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by telavani View Post
first and only post and he's a necro already....
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Brand0
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessamassa View Post
Since the vase is so small to begin with...should I add ice to the water as well (i mean is there room for it?) If there is room; how much ice can/should I add?

Also, about how far up should I fill the water past the stem? Oh and if JillyIsJustKidding happens to not see this post; can you answer my coal question?

Thanks.
I currently use a mya QT and am in love with it. Every single time I smoke, I put about 4-8 cubes of ice in it (my fridge produces ice that can easily fit into the base) And I fill the water almost to where the base becomes much smaller, about filling it up.

I use 3 kings self lighting coals, and just as said earlier, 1 big one without a windcover, or 1 small with one.

Hope this helps.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

my buddy uses 1 40mm 3 kings QL with his QT for smoking starbuzz, al-fakher, and any wet/drippy shisha.

for stuff like nakhla/hookah-hookah, and hookahfreak, i'd say 1 to 1.5.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:37 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

tis be the place to be
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:16 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

well i added a qt to the arsinal after owning one very crappy chineese hookah then steped right in to the KM's and then thought it was time to get somthing to travel with but boy i was suprised on how well it smoked after owning 5 KM's now i thought it wouldnt be that great and i was so wrong. its usually my every day smoker now. I love it and wish it was my first purchase. its great cause every thing aftermarket will work with it and you can make it a 2 hose if you wish. The only con to me is the bowl i actually like it for hookah hookah but i spoiled my self with many phunnel bowls now. The bowl tends to retain flavor but most internally unglazed bowls do. I would say watch your water level and get a washable hose of some sorts and maby exparement with some bowls all in all its a awsome hookah and i think every one should have one in there arsinal.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Rider
Hookah Newbie

The Mya QT is a great buy for like around 50 dollars. I have a 14' and it smokes like a champ. Depending on what kind of bowl you use, it would change the amount of heat. For the standard bowl it comes with I put 2 ******* hookah cubes, and for my phunnel 3. The smoke doesn't bother my throat and its not warm at all, nothing ice can't fix.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook