Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

the fuzz!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:56 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

Angry the fuzz!

so today me and a friend were smoking some af mint on my porch and we were hanging out outside listening to music and eating chip and just chillen smoking some mint..and out of nowhere some cops pulled over in front of my house and came up to my house talking shit sayin we were smoknig **** out of the hookah i was like WTF is this guy serious he put handcuffs on me and my friend then my brother came out the house and showed them assholes the af box and unwrapped the foil and smelled it and said they made a mistake and lets us go..

that ust goes to show the stereotypes of hookah

what are your thoughts or has something like this happened to you ?
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: the fuzz!

They didn't even read you your rights?

Man, I would've taken them to court.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Hate that it happened to you. It sucks when they think bad things about hookah.

But on the flip side, They had every right to put you in handcuffs and make sure you are detained while they investigate what you are smoking and contrary to popular belief, just because you are in handcuffs doesn't mean you are arrested, and they dont' have to read you your rights until they are charging you.

It sucks, and a sucky situation to be in, but just be glad that they saw that it wasn't bad stuff, and let you go.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:46 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Okay that is some BS. They should have been polite and asked what was in the bowl so you could offer to show them that it was TOBACCO in it!

Geez I wished some cops wouldn't stereotype so I don't have to be wary to smoke outside in the public

I'm sorry that this happened to you that's really crappy
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

Damn dude, that sucks.

Anytime im smoking outside i always have like a 50g box of something with me, so if and when the day comes, ill be ready for the fuzzy bastards..
Old July 2nd, 2008, 06:18 AM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

Yeah something like that happened to me, but man sometimes that happens cause the cops and the people are ignorants, here in Mexico the hookahs are unkown most of the people thinks that are for smoking *** or something but all is fault of the ignorance. Don't get to piss try to understand and what the hell if they don't know what a hookah is, they are losing the opportunity to try some of the most amazing experiences in the world.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodrums View Post
Don't get to piss try to understand and what the hell if they don't know what a hookah is, they are losing the opportunity to try some of the most amazing experiences in the world.
Amen! lol

So many people are like "EW! You smoke tobacco?" because when they think tobacco...They think nasty cigs and start thinking hookah is exactly the same. I don't think so :P They have no idea on what da heck they're talking about
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

What pisses me off is that the presence of a hookah (at least in some places) gives cops the right to detain you on probable cause or suspicion.

The hookah itself is not a possible indication of drug use.... but rather the smell or a visual confirmation of the material being smoked.

I wouldnt mind the police inquiring and inspecting the contents of my bowl...but cuffin me up and tossin my shit even tho they may have the right would really piss me off.

One thing I always do when smoking out doors at a park or even on my front porch is have the container of tobacco Im smoking right there with me. The printed packaging with product matching appearance and smell will help out the credibility of your story.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
But on the flip side, They had every right to put you in handcuffs and make sure you are detained while they investigate what you are smoking and contrary to popular belief, just because you are in handcuffs doesn't mean you are arrested, and they dont' have to read you your rights until they are charging you.
Sorry dude, but they do NOT have the right to put you in handcuffs or otherwise detain you -- or even question you, without cause. Fourth Amendment of the Constitution says so. Clear case of tyranny
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

i'd ask the pig if he wants to hit it....
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yea its rediculous every1 thinks a hookah is ment for **** it has such a bad rep. it sucks
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by esisomsun View Post
i'd ask the pig if he wants to hit it....
Beat me to it. Well look at the bright side, at least they didn't confiscate your hookah.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Spunjah413
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Spunjah413

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasvic View Post
Sorry dude, but they do NOT have the right to put you in handcuffs or otherwise detain you -- or even question you, without cause. Fourth Amendment of the Constitution says so. Clear case of tyranny
Right on the money. That is BS, and heaven forbid that were me. I would be bringing that shit up.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Amen! lol

So many people are like "EW! You smoke tobacco?" because when they think tobacco...They think nasty cigs and start thinking hookah is exactly the same. I don't think so :P They have no idea on what da heck they're talking about
omg my parents are like that, they know i have hookahs and know i smoke them and im allowed to and all but they allways give me a hard time about it like " omg thats nasty, drug addict, nasty ass habit" and shit like that. then once i was talkin to my parents and my brother chimes in like " hey you gonna go smoke your **** later!?!" im like STFU! and corrected him with " its a fuckin waterpipe that you smoke flavored tobacco/shisha from " but yea ive allways wanted to smoke outdoors like on my front porch and outside my g/fs apartment but im allways worried about what cops are gonna say so who knows??
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:11 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

sometimes life doesnt work to your advantage. thats for sure.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

The cops over here in my area don't seem to mind, even the underage kids can smoke at a park and stuff. Once in a while they'll come up and check though.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Weezle89
Hookah Newbie

That sucks! I've never smoked outside here, but I imagine the cops would do the same thing. Some cops are just dicks.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodrums View Post
Yeah something like that happened to me, but man sometimes that happens cause the cops and the people are ignorants, here in Mexico the hookahs are unkown most of the people thinks that are for smoking *** or something but all is fault of the ignorance. Don't get to piss try to understand and what the hell if they don't know what a hookah is, they are losing the opportunity to try some of the most amazing experiences in the world.
in mexico you can pay off the cops...thats what i always do when im in mex (i live like 15 miles from the mexico border). back on subject...if that was me i would talk to lawyer and see if the cop did something he didnt have to right to do

Last edited by blckngld760; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Amen! lol

some girl just got really mad at me when she found i smoke and the only thing i smoke is hookah i think everything else is nasty to bad she dont see it the way i do
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

You guys did read the rules right?!?!?!?!?!?! I see 4 instances of you guys mentioning illegal substances in this thread. HUGE NO NO HERE! This is a warning to all, DO NOT USE THOSE TERMS HERE AS SEARCH ENGINES PICK UP ON THEM AND FURTHER TARNISH OUR HOBBIES REPUTATION. This offense can get you banned from this site.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

yeah, i've had a few people come to my fence(my backyard faces a major street) and ask about it, and have had several cops come and talk to me while smoking in the park with my friends. never anyone actually try to arrest me. I've gotten more trouble from cops while smoking handrolled cigarettes than smoking hookah, those almost got me arrested at the Louisiana Boardwalk, where I used to work at a kiosk.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

it seems here the ignorant people are more worried than the cops.

i was at a starbucks and this ignorant "supervisor" said they dont have a license to allow hookahs. My friend made me back off but i wanted to rip his head off. A dude is smoking a cigarette next to us and all he kept saying was "license". I was going to have him call the cops and have the cops explain that we were on public property (the sidewalk) and that he could kiss my ass
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

wait, a license to smoke a hookah in a public place? thats bs, i want to test these pigs here so i think ima go down stairs of my apt. complex and just start smoking at the entry to the breezeway. fuckem!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook