Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah lounges

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
knivesreturns
Hookah Newbie

Default hookah lounges

Man, im tired of going to hookah lounges. yes they take away the pain of lighting charcoal, hookah setup, ect, but I'm getting tired of the poor service. It takes my one fave lounge almost 30 mins before coming around with new charcoal...wtf?!
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:31 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Default Re: hookah lounges

yeah really the only cool thing about the lounge is atmosphere, but I find that relaxing at home with some video games, or watching some episodes of the Shield while smoking hookah is a bit more relaxing...and if I feel like having a few refreshments, I dont have to drive anywhere!
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:32 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I'd pick smoking at home over lounges any day :P

But, lounges are fun with friends once in a while thought since the atmosphere is fun at the lounge.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

yeah and the local longe has some tasty baklava :P
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
BlueFish524
Hookah Newbie

That really sucks for you guys, the lounge here is amazing. The people that own the place are all really cool and smoke with us and hook us up right away with whatever we need. I love it =P
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
ridah626
Hookah Newbie

the lounge i go to (empire) in hacienda heights is awesome. im close with the owners and they know their shit. also they have tangiers
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

setting up a hookah does take about 12mins for me, ive been to a lounge once in my life and we did more drinking there than smoking, after buying my own hookah ive been doing more smokin than drinkin. im enjoyin hookah'n alot more now
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
patodrums
Hookah Nut

We have a lounge called akbal, is simply great it has awezome music, the hookah is ok and the drinks are the best thing on earth.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

I go to lounges only a few times a year now, but there has to be food and drinks, i do like getting served and going out for a change of atmosphere, but I just can't go out as much as I'd like. I am free to smoke what I want when I want at home and that's it. I just need to train my kids to set up my hookah every night and I'll be set
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I like the lounges where food is first, then hookah. I mean, if I'm gonna go somewhere to smoke, it'd probably be at a bud's house, but if i was hungry and wanted to smoke, I'd probably go to a lounge with good food over my bud's house.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

hmmm the local lounges here are ok but mostly not that great, take forever to get your shit... this one lounge though the most popular one the owner is really cool and really nice and me and my friends are cool with him but his employees ( the waiters/servers) are bitches and just need to get fired they take like 45 mins to bring us coal, and like 30 mins before they even get us our hookah and sometimes when we raise our hand or something to get their attention they look right at us and ignore us its really gay my friend allways wants to take us to the lounges and he spends lots of money on that shit which is another thing we end up spending 30 bucks a night just to smoke hookah and to be honost were not fans of the typical food they offer at hookah lounges so in my opinion 10 bucks for 250gs of aF from the tobacco shop and all the food i can eat and drink while smokin at my own house is much better but every once in a while when we have lots of friends with us the lounge is fun but most of the time its not...
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:38 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

I've only been to one lounge before (besides my work) , so I dont really have a lot of experience with lounges, but my one trip to a lounge was during a trip to new orleans, and the whole experience was very good. Wonderful food, good hookah, huge selection of shishas, and a live dj with the perfect music to boot. Usual high prices of a lounge though; But definately worth it to kick back and relax during a smoking sessions, and not have to worry about set up and cleaning. Still would rather smoke at home as far as a regular basis is concerned, I just need to finish my outdoor sound system!
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

The main reason I hit a lounge (and there's not many in my area to deal with to start with) is for the atmosphere and it's larger than my poor small apt. More than 4 people and I'm terrified to set-up a hookah in such a small space.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook