Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nice Try Gothookah.com!!!!!! You can't trick us!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Nice Try Gothookah.com!!!!!! You can't trick us!

Yep what Husky said. I agree 100%
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:54 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

Messed around w/the items in my cart to see how they affected shipping...looks like it is about $15 extra (shipped to north carolina) for each additional item added to my cart whether it is a hookah, 3 50g packs of shisha, or coals..thats how it got up to $60, 4 *$15=60
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
yes it is. We also require our vendors to participate in the overall community, not just USE hookah pro as a free springboard to sell to our members and not give ANYTHING back to the community. All we ask is that if a vendor comes to hock their wares they need to get involved in the community and post up on other topics around the forum to help the community. This site is funded out of Sambooka's pocket and by the generous donations of the elite members, but only posting for the sake of free advertising is not tolerated.
I am well aware of our policy w/regards to vendors and I agree w/you. My point was that it could be an issue w/his site or something other than blatant highway robbery.
Anyway, instead of immediately trashing the vendor(which I will gladly take part in if this is intentional), I have contacted them w/a link to this thread and invited them to come by and explain themselves.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

I have a hard time believing this is a glitch in the website
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
I have a hard time believing this is a glitch in the website
I'm in no way defending this vendor. Let me make that very clear. But I am interested to see what they have to say for themselves, if anything.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

I would be willing to bet the Vendor doesnt come in here to explain...
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

Quote:
Originally Posted by patodrums View Post
wow!!!! that's lame!!! what a dirty way to get money from the customers, that shipping price is really a rob!
Hey im Rob... BUt yea that is total bull.. the shipping is rediculous sometime.. thats why i was always carful when i used to paintball... ppl jack up there shipping prices..
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:55 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
Hey im Rob... BUt yea that is total bull.. the shipping is rediculous sometime.. thats why i was always carful when i used to paintball... ppl jack up there shipping prices..

did someone say paintball!?
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Wouldn't shock me at all. However, we boast a large base of smokers who like to spend $! If they choose not to clarify/remedy this issue, they do so to the detriment of future business opportunities.There are several vendors w/in our forum that will testify to the buying power of the hookahpro community.
PS:And they would also be wise to become familiar w/ the policies regarding vendor participation.
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

I hate to be glibb gere but really a nice
"SUCK ME BEAUTIFUL"
Is in order!!!
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:59 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedturbo View Post
Messed around w/the items in my cart to see how they affected shipping...looks like it is about $15 extra (shipped to north carolina) for each additional item added to my cart whether it is a hookah, 3 50g packs of shisha, or coals..thats how it got up to $60, 4 *$15=60
This sounds like it could be a programming error to me. The shipping should not be conditional on quantity of items, but rather total weight.

I gotta say that I'm with Abu on this one. Give the guy a break and let the vendor explain themselves. Of course, my opinion could change if I'm unhappy with the 39" KM Chiller I just ordered from him gets here Friday
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:07 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

haha i tried getting on this website just so i can check the website and it seems its not operational anymore
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:14 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

works fine for me!
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

You should call up Chuck at gothookahs.com. From what I've heard, he's a pretty cool guy. I think it might have been an error too.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hopefully he can pop in and provide some clarification, past history shows he logs in about once every other month or so to announce a sale and then disappears again.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM
gotHookahs
Banned

Quote:
So me and my buddy got really excited about gothookah.com's amazing sale prices on KM's and on top of that 15% off for hookapro members. We both put in an order for a KM chiller, exotica coals, and some shisha. Clicked the checkout button and LOLOLOLOLOL. They wanted $60 for GROUND shipping, almost $140 for 3 day select, and $490 for next day!!!!! HAHAHAH. What a RIP. Immediately clicked the cancel button and just laughed. It is sad to see them trying to rip the hookah community by offering super low prices and jacking up the shipping. What a joke GotHookah.com is though!!! Just wanted to give everyone in the community a heads up!

Here is a screenshot...seriously

Hey ShavedTurbo,

We have had a few shipping issues on our website and are working on correcting this. Most of the shipping costs are calculated properly. We had noticed this error last week and as a result reimbursed the customers that were overpriced. We apologize for this and it should be resolved shortly.

Chuck-Sales mgr
gotHookahs.com
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

This is why I stay off the bash wagons. Unless it's AF grape!!!
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

i try to avoid the bash wagon unless its for something serious, not like a glitch in the system. I didn't order with them due to the shipping, but if its just a glitch like he says things should be back to normal soon.

as for AF GRAPE, ruined my entire outlook on grape. i hate it.
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:08 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotHookahs View Post
Hey ShavedTurbo,

We have had a few shipping issues on our website and are working on correcting this. Most of the shipping costs are calculated properly. We had noticed this error last week and as a result reimbursed the customers that were overpriced. We apologize for this and it should be resolved shortly.

Chuck-Sales mgr
gotHookahs.com
Thanks for clearing this up Chuck! Perhaps you will have an apology coming your way?
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hopefully they have fixed all their shipping issues as this is definantly not a new issue. I have steered clear because of the inflated shipping in the past.
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
mamajosie
Hookah Newbie

I had the same issue with this site and the shipping being astronomical, especially with more than one item (it would have been 76.00 according to the site to ship me everything I wanted). I only ordered a hookah since it was much more reasonable for one item, but then emailed to let them know I would have bought more but the shipping was way too high. I got an email and a call at home from Chuck today and he explained that they are having trouble with the shipping calculator on their site and each item added adds shipping as though it was a separate order and that is why it went so high. He helped me reorder and got the shipping down to about 32.00 for a large order and he still honored the 15% off code that expired a couple days ago for my additional items, so I am very happy with this company and the customer service couldn't have been better. When I got on the site today with Chuck on the phone, the problem appeared to be fixed, so if you were considering an order with them, please try again or give Chuck a call. Once my order arrives, I will post a vendor review, but I just wanted to let you all know that there were some problems with the shipping calculator on the site.

also, need to add I am in rural TN, so I am sure many of you would have much lower shipping than I do - I am sure I am probably one of the most expensive to ship to as far as the different shipping zones go
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

Glad it was an error, that was ridiculous. However because of that error I made a $250+ order elsewhere.
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Glad it was an error, that was ridiculous. However because of that error I made a $250+ order elsewhere.
That's cool.However, you also publicly trashed an otherwise reputable vendor w/out taking the time to get to the bottom of the issue. We're all better served when we come across this kind of thing, if we see to it that the vendor is notified of the issue and is given the opportunity to explain themselves before they are taken to the gallows. This is just my opinion of course.I don't mean to sound abrassive., that is not my intention.I just thing cooler heads could've prevailed here.
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

Well at the time it made perfect sense to me and several of my friends that the only reason that they had such low low sale prices was that they jacked up shipping to make up for it. I thought that was a bad way to do business, and was dissapointed after spending a bit of time making up my order only to see some crazy charge. At the time of checkout I couldn't find their phone number for the life of me (of course now I look and see it is at the top and I had been looking at the bottom before like most sites have.) Anyways, I had no intentions of bashing them as I thought along with several other of my friends that they were doing business in a sneaky way and I didn't like it and wanted to make others aware of it.
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Well unfortunately, I hate to be one, but If gothookahs' doesn't start participating in the forums, they're getting banned. Maybe since they wrote here, they will heead my message, as for the last few, they've completly ignored.

I'm sorry, i know these guys give pretty good deals, but the whole spring boarding thing is getting old. Either participate and quickly or suffer das boot.

Last warning.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook