Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nice Try Gothookah.com!!!!!! You can't trick us!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Nice Try Gothookah.com!!!!!! You can't trick us!

Originally Posted by mamajosie View Post
I had the same issue with this site and the shipping being astronomical, especially with more than one item (it would have been 76.00 according to the site to ship me everything I wanted). I only ordered a hookah since it was much more reasonable for one item, but then emailed to let them know I would have bought more but the shipping was way too high. I got an email and a call at home from Chuck today and he explained that they are having trouble with the shipping calculator on their site and each item added adds shipping as though it was a separate order and that is why it went so high. He helped me reorder and got the shipping down to about 32.00 for a large order and he still honored the 15% off code that expired a couple days ago for my additional items, so I am very happy with this company and the customer service couldn't have been better. When I got on the site today with Chuck on the phone, the problem appeared to be fixed, so if you were considering an order with them, please try again or give Chuck a call. Once my order arrives, I will post a vendor review, but I just wanted to let you all know that there were some problems with the shipping calculator on the site.

also, need to add I am in rural TN, so I am sure many of you would have much lower shipping than I do - I am sure I am probably one of the most expensive to ship to as far as the different shipping zones go
$32 for shipping is still a LOT IMO
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Send a message via AIM to Martello

I think the 15%offer should be extended because of this error.
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via AIM to TiffaAce Send a message via MSN to TiffaAce

That is terrible! Good thing you caught it before you sent in the order!

Last edited by TiffaAce; July 10th, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Sambooka Jr.

I guess I will jump in too ...

Abu, I get what you are saying, and agree that we should know the real reasons before criticizing anybody! Totally agree with you man!

As for gothookahs, we have sent numerous PMs in the past, asking that they get involved in the community here. Being involved at the very least, is being helpful and posting in general hookah discussion topics, etc. It doesn't have to be all the time, but once in a while would be nice. Gothookahs has yet to post a general tip/trick/suggestion/helpful advice/etc. All we have seen so far is "pushing of wares" by popping in every so often for that purpose only.

We have other vendors that sponsor contests, post, and sponsor the site in one way or another .. at the very least they are getting involved and not just "using this site as a billboard". They are giving back to the community in some form or fashion. Some vendors go above and beyond! And those are the ones that get my business. Because their participation and commitment to this community is what makes it strong. Believe me, there are vendors lining up to sponsor contests and supporting this community, because they believe in it and are happy to be a part of this growing community.

One thing we really don't like is to be "used" and we would rather support the vendors that are openly willing to participate in this community.

Understand, it is tough to MOD at times, because decisions have to be made that can affect other people, but we "DISCUSS" these conflicts of interest in detail in the MOD section. And all the MODs come to a decision as a group on how to handle a conflict of interest. The MODs of this community work harder then a lot of people may realize. and this particular vendor has been the topic of discussion for a long time now .. as others have said, they receieved multiple warnings. This is not new .. this has been ongoing and building for quite some time.

We are not going to support a vendor that has no invlovement here ... I am sorry if you don't see our reasoning on that. We do not want to be used .. we would prefer no vendor involvement instead of being used ..

Hope this clears some stuff up!? If not, you all know that you can PM me anytime, with questions, comments, or concerns.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook