Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Narghile of Fantastic Size

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Narghile of Fantastic Size

My cousin called today to tell me about his visit to a restaurant in Goa ( he recently got a job working at Mormumago Port for a shipping company) which has an amazing/ridiculous narghile ( huqqa is I think the local term) which he tried. The thing is something like 7 feet tall and about 2 and a half feet in diameter with six hoses. It seems to be made out brass and crystal with a bowl that holds a whole a whole tub of some sort of local Shisha like material. Apparently, loading the bowl requires a short ladder and takes quite a while. God only knows how you fill it with water or clean such a beast.

My cousin is not a big tobacco fan but he is not hostile to it either and he knows I like hearing about this sort of thing so he tried it out and reported back. Basically he said the smoke tasted like cinnamon, cardamon and jasmine which he thought was too strange to enjoy. Apparently, the other patrons thought it was a lot of fun and love the taste of what ever they smoked.

The whole rig sounds crazy to me and it must be insanely expensive to buy such a thing. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Narghile of Fantastic Size

Yeap, seen it in real life and saw them on various sites for sale. Taller than a man, nice brass hookah w/ a glass insert in the middle. The one I saw real life had a lamp in the middle. The dude who owned it never tried to smoke out of it, was afraid to even try. LOL...

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1097

http://saharasmoke.com/store/catalog...h_p_16556.html

the bottom site has them on sale - but may have "issues"

Don't think I even want to try to smoke out of that monster - LOL!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Thanks for the links Sam. Those are some crazy narghiles and I can't imagine wanting something like around the house let alone using it. Well, I suppose that if the chance arose i'd give it a try once but somehow I think that getting a good draw would be tough and imagine having to manage the coals? Crazy.
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I would think it would make a great piece of art, in a hookah room! Those hookahs are beautiful, and tall!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I would love to have the smaller of the two as a decorator piece, the 7 foot model wouldn't fit in my apt (ceiling is 7'3") - I wouldn't try smoking the thing - I just want the SHOCK valve.

But I could see it being a great piece for a Hookah Lounge...., in the front window or right by the door when you'd walk in - that would be killer!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook