Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla acclimation?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Nakhla acclimation?

Juno got advice from Aburonin to acclimate Nakhla's Tropicana before smoking. So i get in late today and my whole office is smelling tropical. Juno has it acclimating now for the last 3 hours. He's loading it up right now and we'll be smoking it shortly and I'll let you know how it goes

AbuRonin always ahs great advice, for example, he told me to put a bit if honey in my fakfakina fruits last night since i told him it was burning on me. It worked out great, thanks AR

Juno is on his way back with the hookah, time to take a break.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM
EpsilonX's Avatar
EpsilonX
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 459
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

lol I wish I could work with you guys, sounds like a good time.
anyways enjoy that, tell us if it works.
I have never tried Nakhla before, im thinking of buying the super pack with my next order.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
abu ronin's Avatar
abu ronin
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mpls
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Juno got advice from Aburonin to acclimate Nakhla's Tropicana before smoking. So i get in late today and my whole office is smelling tropical. Juno has it acclimating now for the last 3 hours. He's loading it up right now and we'll be smoking it shortly and I'll let you know how it goes

AbuRonin always ahs great advice, for example, he told me to put a bit if honey in my fakfakina fruits last night since i told him it was burning on me. It worked out great, thanks AR

Juno is on his way back with the hookah, time to take a break.
Your welcome John! Always happy to help. Tropicana is a strong flavor and peoples opinions vary.I happen to love it, while many can't handle the strength of the flavor.
FYI! plan one washing your hose after you smoke. This flavor will taint anything you smoke afterwards.I have a seperate hose just for this flavor!!lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Your welcome John! Always happy to help. Tropicana is a strong flavor and peoples opinions vary.I happen to love it, while many can't handle the strength of the flavor.
FYI! plan one washing your hose after you smoke. This flavor will taint anything you smoke afterwards.I have a seperate hose just for this flavor!!lol
great now you tell me about the hose.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
abu ronin's Avatar
abu ronin
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mpls
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
great now you tell me about the hose.
LOL!! I think I mentioned it to Juno last nite!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
EpsilonX's Avatar
EpsilonX
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 459
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
great now you tell me about the hose.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
that was hilarious
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

the problem is we cmoke so much at the store, sampling product, that we have tons of "seasoned" flavors in the hopokah i use here. I barely got the smell out of it from a flovor from last week, and it's still lingering.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
vegasvic's Avatar
vegasvic
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 401
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

I just got a 50g pack of Nakhla Tropicana as a freebie with a new rig. Now I'm looking forward to smoking thing one
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

I think it's time to bring in the big guns.

Baking soda and lemon juice.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:21 AM
dakingkevin23's Avatar
dakingkevin23
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,362
Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
the problem is we cmoke so much at the store, sampling product, that we have tons of "seasoned" flavors in the hopokah i use here. I barely got the smell out of it from a flovor from last week, and it's still lingering.
hopokah...?
is that like a kind of food?jk
Next time I'm in SoCal, I'm stopping by your shop.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:03 AM
EpsilonX's Avatar
EpsilonX
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 459
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
the problem is we cmoke so much at the store, sampling product, that we have tons of "seasoned" flavors in the hopokah i use here. I barely got the smell out of it from a flovor from last week, and it's still lingering.
you should be cleaning those alot more often
I run water through mine after every use, then after every other use I whip out the baking soda
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
yeags777's Avatar
yeags777
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 790
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

i need to visit CH and smoke with John and juno
________
Honda MR50 history

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 12th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Juno
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 1,140
Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Yes, you do.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

I have acclimated a few Nakhla flavors. Mint, Choco Mint, and Cardamon were way to strong smelling for me to imagine smoking without letting them air out a little. They were all great after a few hours of acclimation.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
you should be cleaning those alot more often
I run water through mine after every use, then after every other use I whip out the baking soda
i wash out all of my hookahs after each use, actually before each use, with a long scrubbing brush and water only.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:23 AM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

I really like nakhla but it's true that a few flavors can benefit from the mellowing effect that acclimation can have.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old July 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
EpsilonX's Avatar
EpsilonX
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 459
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i wash out all of my hookahs after each use, actually before each use, with a long scrubbing brush and water only.
I find after each use is easier, becuase then the juices dont have time to dry on the enside of the hookah
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Martello
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 570
Send a message via AIM to Martello
Default Re: Nakhla acclimation?

Bro if i don't acclimate NK mint, it gives me heart burn haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I have acclimated a few Nakhla flavors. Mint, Choco Mint, and Cardamon were way to strong smelling for me to imagine smoking without letting them air out a little. They were all great after a few hours of acclimation.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between El Nakhla and Nakhla? dakingkevin23 Hookah Discussion 21 April 8th, 2011 10:51 AM
Acclimation: How much is too much kalutika Hookah Discussion 21 July 3rd, 2008 10:19 AM
Nakhla Help Davis18 Hookah Discussion 6 May 28th, 2008 01:11 PM
Acclimation swoop4422 Hookah Discussion 14 February 24th, 2008 12:46 PM
Acclimation time Huskysibe Hookah Discussion 10 September 6th, 2007 12:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.