Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What's good on KM??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe
Default What's good on KM??

Hi community,

I just saw a KM and think it is nothing special ...
The Stem is bad welded and the material isnt good. the hose and the bowl are simple and cheap. you can get pipes like these here in every small egyptian store for less than the half price ...
for example this hookah is comparable with KM: http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,sh...ra,8908,,,.htm
(here's the comparable KM: http://www.hookahcompany.com/red_flo..._2251_prd1.htm )

can you tell me whats special with KM, that its hyped in the usa? i really cant understand, whats good on it ^^

Last edited by PCServe; July 12th, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: What's good on KM??

Have you smoked from either of the pipes you showed? I'm would bet the first doesn't hit or purge half as well as a KM. I don't think the first pipe is as nice looking as the KM either. Any company can come along an make a product that looks similar to another, but it rarely performs as well as the original.
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

smoke out of a KM, then you'll know
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM
mgaffar
Hookah Nut

If you buy a really good egyptian it will hit and purge just the same, ive smoked out of a km and a 'no name' egyptian and they were identical in smoke, flavour etc
Old July 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

aladin isnt the best, but not worse than km ...
ive smoked many different hookahs (also km) and i can say that mya, nargilem and shisham are the best brands i know.
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

They aren't the highest quality materials. But that's not what most of us are paying for when we buy a KM. Most of us are paying for 2 things. These are the ability of a KM to give you an amazing smoke with it's wide bore holes and wide gauge stem and ports (which also directly refers to the perfect purge quality of all KM rigs);
and Tradition.

The hoses are made of sprite 24 back boxes and various other cardboard pieces, the stems (which some do claim to be completely stainless) may or not be actually stainless or even purchased from a metal-works company.

Frankly this is the reason i look for brass in my KM's. It is a more expensive metal on the market, so they are adding more elegant and expensive pieces to my rig.

You will never get the same smoke experience (density, purge capability)from a Common Chamber hookah, like a Mya, in comparison to a KM or Traditional Style Syrian. They are just not designed as well. They are built in factories with high-grade metals, but they are built the least expensive way possible, a common chamber. You cannot purge a common chamber, and it will smoke very well, but never as good as a KM.

Last edited by ZenSilk; July 12th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

well personally i like that aladin alot more then that KM you showed.. but KM's jsut have a great rep of smoking well.. but personally i Love the syrian.. ima bitch for the syrian and im looking to find another great syrian or maybe ima get a KM tri-metal..
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah imo, KMs smoke amazing. I was smoking out of a small MYA Nou Nou before I ever got my KM fifa. When I smoked out of my KM for the first time, I was blown away!

The purging was easier (the smoke was purged in just one exhale when it took 6-7 exhales to get the smoke out of the MYA) and the draw was incredibly easy.

Idk, I like the hand-made look of the KM, it makes you appreciate the hard-work that someone put into something that's been around for centuries. :P

Eh I don't like MYAs all that much. They look nice but they don't smoke great to me like Egyptians do and MYAs cost even more.
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

i see. i just meant, that there are much cheaper handmade hookahs from egypt in oriental stores here. i dont know whether there are that much oriental stores in the usa, but here you can find hookahs like KM's on every street in bigger cities
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

its tru there are many hookahs that smoke jsut as great as some KM's its really all about preference and i have smoked a km and a Syrian and im just a bitch for he syrian... i like it better..
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
i see. i just meant, that there are much cheaper handmade hookahs from egypt in oriental stores here. i dont know whether there are that much oriental stores in the usa, but here you can find hookahs like KM's on every street in bigger cities
Ah I get you. But you see, they are still not KMs :P

I mean, I know egyptian hookahs are egyptians hookahs...But KMs are amazing compared to the no-name brand Egyptians ^_^

I know they smoke good...But KMs smoke a few notches better and the quality is a bit better too
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Hiya PCServe. Just as a comparison I bought a KM On the Rocks for 62.00(38.88EUR) and it stands 32"(81.2CM). The welds are clean and the overall pipe appearance is fantastic(tallest pipe in the pic below). It smokes perfectly. So I actually paid less for a pipe that is under 1cm shorter than your example pipe. Not all KMs and MZs are expensive. There are vendors who charge more for them but thankfully not all. Not to mention that with that 62.00 pipe I also received the KM hose which all should know is top notch. And as for markets selling pipes, every store around me is insanely overpriced for no-name paperweights. I own two KMs now and enjoy them both. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Pipes.JPG  
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:33 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I recant my statement.

Last edited by kalutika; July 12th, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old July 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

well, i didnt want to provoke you, just wanted to know, whats special on the Khalil Mamoun's ...
there are also hyped hookahs in germany (NP Nargilem) and i dont like them so much ... maybe i should come to the usa someday and smoke a good KM with you :P
the km i smoked (dont know, which exact product it was) was not better than my mya or my nargi and the welding seams have been bad quality ...
maybe you should also try a tn nargilem from germany they arent traditional, but the best ive ever smoked.
Old July 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Those hoses on that KM are cheap. Most of them come with a real HM hose.
KM's have big diameter stems, which allow for better airflow, a nice handmade vase, and is a piece of art, unlike a mya or any other chinese hookah. I'd take a piece of art over something in a factory anyday.
Old July 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
maybe you should also try a tn nargilem from germany they arent traditional, but the best ive ever smoked.
I would actually if shipping wouldn't put me in the poor house. There are a lot of pipes and tobacco I would love to try from over there but I'm not that rich,,,,,yet. Lol. And forget coming here to try hookah, lets all go to Germany where the beer is far more kickass
Old July 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

kms are ok.

i think the shishaking emir is a better hookah any than regular km
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

thought dmcwebd was da shisha king
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:22 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
I would actually if shipping wouldn't put me in the poor house. There are a lot of pipes and tobacco I would love to try from over there but I'm not that rich,,,,,yet. Lol. And forget coming here to try hookah, lets all go to Germany where the beer is far more kickass
i know the boss of www.blubberhaus.de ... i already asked him, because sambooka wanted to buy a nargilem. he said he would make a good price (80€ for a NP-560 - normalprice 109€) + shipping ...
he would also send more hookahs to american shops for good prices.
if there are any interested shopkeepers, just write me an PM and i can tell it to him.

(here are the nargilems: http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,sh...rgilem,,,,.htm - its the only german shop with english translation)

Last edited by PCServe; July 13th, 2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

I've just found this site http://www.shisha-forum.de/thread.ph...t=np+rauchbild Looks like a nice rig to smoke on. Also wanted to ask about the hole patterns the guy made, what do you think of them?
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Bassism
Hookah Nut

I can't understand the German, but it does look like a pretty nice rig.
I'm not sure that his hole patterns really accomplish much. I use a pattern like his first one when I'm using a phunnel (the lack of holes in the centre means that the air will all go through the shisha on the sides), but the second one just seems like a waste to me. He seems to place all his holes under the coals, where air can't really get to them. Typically though, I find that simply poking as many holes as possible usually always works the best for me.

The main advantage with a KM is the fact that the downstem is of a large diameter. I don't have a KM, but I do have a Syrian with a similar large downstem, and it does make a big difference. The draw is just so much easier and voluminous with a wide stem.
Egyptian hookahs found in local shops can be nice, but I've rarely seen any with wide stems, and with KM you're paying for the assurance of good QC.
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
i know the boss of www.blubberhaus.de ... i already asked him, because sambooka wanted to buy a nargilem. he said he would make a good price (80 for a NP-560 - normalprice 109) + shipping ...
he would also send more hookahs to american shops for good prices.
if there are any interested shopkeepers, just write me an PM and i can tell it to him.
Firs off, thanks for the link. Finally a site I can understand. Lol, language impaired here. Also, what would the shipping cost be to my addy(you have it already), there is no option for USA in the shipping list calculator.
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

hey PCServe, how much does a shishaking emir cost over where youre at? Do you know of any places you can get them?

they cost a bunch on a UK Site, was wondering if they were any cheaper anywhere else.
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:38 AM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

Quote:

You cant tell me there is a sweeter necter that Shiner Bock
Old July 14th, 2008, 02:31 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbanu View Post
I've just found this site http://www.shisha-forum.de/thread.ph...t=np+rauchbild Looks like a nice rig to smoke on. Also wanted to ask about the hole patterns the guy made, what do you think of them?
i tried nearly all setups, mentioned on shisha forum and Chos' setups are working very good! the second hole patterns works good for me, if i want to smoke hookah hookah. the first is better for al fakher or starbuzz. you should try it, it really works well
btw: germans are crying about you americans do your holes the big holes, shown in many american video reviews are impossible for us

Quote:
Firs off, thanks for the link. Finally a site I can understand. Lol, language impaired here. Also, what would the shipping cost be to my addy(you have it already), there is no option for USA in the shipping list calculator.
i dont know the exactly shipping price, i already asked him for sambooka, but i cant remember the exactly price ... unfortunately i dont have the PM, sent to sam some months ago in my sent-messages-folder ..
i think it was 20€ for slow shipping and 50€ for express shipping. it was a very special price, erdal made for you (with slow shipping you are paying less than german customers -- but i cant remember the exactly shipping prices ... i'll call him later and ask him about this)
someone of you should buy it, make a video review and show it to some shop owners here in the forum, so that they import it and can sell it in the usa :P

EDIT: ive called him. he said to florida the shipping is about 30€
so you would pay about $175 for a Nargilem NP-560 .. i think thats a good price for such a good hookah, shipped to the usa (normal price, shipped to the usa would be more than $250 ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
hey PCServe, how much does a shishaking emir cost over where youre at? Do you know of any places you can get them?

they cost a bunch on a UK Site, was wondering if they were any cheaper anywhere else.
i dont know the brand "shisha king". just king hookah: http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,sh...hookah,,,,.htm
but i dont think, this is the same.

Last edited by PCServe; July 14th, 2008 at 11:00 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook