Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

E-liquid in hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
HookahMo's Avatar
HookahMo
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,162
Default E-liquid in hookah?

Hey guys, some of you may know im pretty knew to hookah, in the sense of buying my own stuff and doing it on home, but before I started I used to vape(aka, smoke e-cigarettes) I have some left over flavors of e-liquid, and I was wondering if I could mix that in somehow. Maybe I could put it in the base water? Or perhaps add a few drops on the shisha. It's basically just glycerin and flavoring so if anything it will just change the flavor, but it could possibly create bigger clouds(From the glycerin) . Just wanted to get your guys thoughts before I actually try it.

-Mo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:32 PM
ADRUNKK's Avatar
ADRUNKK
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: (707) Near the Bay, CA
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMo View Post
Hey guys, some of you may know im pretty knew to hookah, in the sense of buying my own stuff and doing it on home, but before I started I used to vape(aka, smoke e-cigarettes) I have some left over flavors of e-liquid, and I was wondering if I could mix that in somehow. Maybe I could put it in the base water? Or perhaps add a few drops on the shisha. It's basically just glycerin and flavoring so if anything it will just change the flavor, but it could possibly create bigger clouds(From the glycerin) . Just wanted to get your guys thoughts before I actually try it.

-Mo
I dont think you would accomplish much by putting it in your vase. Best bet would be to get steam stones and replace the liquid with your ejuice.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Gavin53's Avatar
Gavin53
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 998
Default

Generally speaking putting things other than water in your base is a major faux pas here. As for the shisha itself, it may help if you are trying to salvage a bad batch or if you are trying to bring some moisture to some dried out tobacco. I have never tried either of those things so I don't know how it will work, but hey you can always give it a shot and see if it works out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
HookahMo's Avatar
HookahMo
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin53
Generally speaking putting things other than water in your base is a major faux pas here. As for the shisha itself, it may help if you are trying to salvage a bad batch or if you are trying to bring some moisture to some dried out tobacco. I have never tried either of those things so I don't know how it will work, but hey you can always give it a shot and see if it works out.
This is off topic, but I love your profile picture, I saw it and just said to my Self "Yes..."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:28 AM
phatdaddy's Avatar
phatdaddy
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: the NXN pa
Posts: 901
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMo View Post
This is off topic, but I love your profile picture, I saw it and just said to my Self "Yes..."
ha...every body loves smokin cosby...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Dan's Avatar
Dan
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 2,211
Send a message via MSN to Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Dan
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Adding this to the tobacco might leave you with extreme harshness since the E-juice glycerin is not the same consistency as shisha gycerin (I'm also a vapor). I would recommend getting plain steam stones, some regular USP (food grade vegetable glycerin) and mixing your e-juice with those. Just mix them until the e-juice is slightly thicker than normal, then add to the stones. Let the stones sit overnight then enjoy.
__________________
Formerly DrunkenTso.
Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/DrunkenTso
Video Thread: hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46865
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
chrisbru's Avatar
chrisbru
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,972
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Adding this to the tobacco might leave you with extreme harshness since the E-juice glycerin is not the same consistency as shisha gycerin (I'm also a vapor). I would recommend getting plain steam stones, some regular USP (food grade vegetable glycerin) and mixing your e-juice with those. Just mix them until the e-juice is slightly thicker than normal, then add to the stones. Let the stones sit overnight then enjoy.

Yup - If you REALLY need bigger clouds and think you already have your packing and heat management perfect (protip: you don't), then get pharmaceutical/vegetable grade glycerine and mix a very small amount in with your tobacco.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Meatless's Avatar
Meatless
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,755
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Now why would you want to go ruining perfectly good mu'assel by putting E-liquid in it?
__________________
I like to think of my life like flying on a highway through the universe, and I need the tar to fill the potholes in my soul.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
iWantHookah
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 195
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't e-juice contain a lot of nicotine (since that's what you fill the e-cig cartridge with) ?
You'd be pouring a high concentration of nicotine on your shisha tobacco... Not much point. It might also give you a headache.

Quote from an e-juice vendor:
"Warning : E-liquid should be handled with care. We recommend our 24 mg e-liquid if you are not use to handling nicotine in high concentrations. We also recommend wearing protective clothing when handling this e-liquid, if this liquid comes in to contact with your skin, wash off immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below, you should seek medical attention immediately and state that you have used nicotine."
__________________
UK

Last edited by iWantHookah; August 30th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
HookahMo's Avatar
HookahMo
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,162
Default

I buy it without nicotine
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Alby's Avatar
Alby
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bennington, NE
Posts: 3,742
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWantHookah View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't e-juice contain a lot of nicotine (since that's what you fill the e-cig cartridge with) ?
You'd be pouring a high concentration of nicotine on your shisha tobacco... Not much point. It might also give you a headache.

Quote from an e-juice vendor:
"Warning : E-liquid should be handled with care. We recommend our 24 mg e-liquid if you are not use to handling nicotine in high concentrations. We also recommend wearing protective clothing when handling this e-liquid, if this liquid comes in to contact with your skin, wash off immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below, you should seek medical attention immediately and state that you have used nicotine."
It can be in different concentrations. I personally wouldn't put the e-cigarette juice or whatever into my hookah in any way, shape, or form. Why? I don't really have some complex reason, I just personally don't like the taste of most e-juice. I find them to be beyond artificial.
__________________

Official Nicaraguan of Hookah Pro and the Black Leaf Brotherhood
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM
HookahMo's Avatar
HookahMo
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,162
Default

What If I used e liquid to refill the shiazo steam stones
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
cableparrot's Avatar
cableparrot
Status: Online
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,533
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

my friend got glycerin from gnc to put in the tobacco, never found out how it worked, just know you can get it at vitamin shoppe/gnc

edit: SHIT forgot to read the last post date

Last edited by cableparrot; November 30th, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: PLEASE DELETE
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Melvin's Avatar
Melvin
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 4,544
Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

I am just going to pass out because of this thread. No, no and no, do not put that stuff into your moassel or nargile. JMO
__________________
Black Leaf Brotherhood-EGOB
and Snarky beyond belief.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
HookahMo's Avatar
HookahMo
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableparrot View Post
my friend got glycerin from gnc to put in the tobacco, never found out how it worked, just know you can get it at vitamin shoppe/gnc

edit: SHIT forgot to read the last post date
It's all good man
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Liquid to put in the base of a hookah..? NYHookahKing Hookah Discussion 30 December 6th, 2011 02:08 AM
How much liquid in the base?? Deac2010 Hookah Discussion 6 May 30th, 2011 05:34 PM
Liquid filters for hookah. Any recommendations? Rahul Hookah Discussion 63 December 3rd, 2010 01:58 AM
What tasty liquid to put in hookah base with Tangiers Horschata? bpetruzzo Hookah Discussion 25 October 30th, 2009 03:46 PM
Liquid in the base. maxpayned Hookah Discussion 30 June 14th, 2009 06:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.