Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

E-liquid in hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
HookahMo
Hookah Enthusiast

Default E-liquid in hookah?

Hey guys, some of you may know im pretty knew to hookah, in the sense of buying my own stuff and doing it on home, but before I started I used to vape(aka, smoke e-cigarettes) I have some left over flavors of e-liquid, and I was wondering if I could mix that in somehow. Maybe I could put it in the base water? Or perhaps add a few drops on the shisha. It's basically just glycerin and flavoring so if anything it will just change the flavor, but it could possibly create bigger clouds(From the glycerin) . Just wanted to get your guys thoughts before I actually try it.

-Mo
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:32 PM
ADRUNKK
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: E-liquid in hookah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMo View Post
Hey guys, some of you may know im pretty knew to hookah, in the sense of buying my own stuff and doing it on home, but before I started I used to vape(aka, smoke e-cigarettes) I have some left over flavors of e-liquid, and I was wondering if I could mix that in somehow. Maybe I could put it in the base water? Or perhaps add a few drops on the shisha. It's basically just glycerin and flavoring so if anything it will just change the flavor, but it could possibly create bigger clouds(From the glycerin) . Just wanted to get your guys thoughts before I actually try it.

-Mo
I dont think you would accomplish much by putting it in your vase. Best bet would be to get steam stones and replace the liquid with your ejuice.
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Gavin53
Hookah Pro

Generally speaking putting things other than water in your base is a major faux pas here. As for the shisha itself, it may help if you are trying to salvage a bad batch or if you are trying to bring some moisture to some dried out tobacco. I have never tried either of those things so I don't know how it will work, but hey you can always give it a shot and see if it works out.
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
HookahMo
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin53
Generally speaking putting things other than water in your base is a major faux pas here. As for the shisha itself, it may help if you are trying to salvage a bad batch or if you are trying to bring some moisture to some dried out tobacco. I have never tried either of those things so I don't know how it will work, but hey you can always give it a shot and see if it works out.
This is off topic, but I love your profile picture, I saw it and just said to my Self "Yes..."
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:28 AM
phatdaddy
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMo View Post
This is off topic, but I love your profile picture, I saw it and just said to my Self "Yes..."
ha...every body loves smokin cosby...
Old August 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Dan
Hookah Guru

Send a message via MSN to Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Dan

Adding this to the tobacco might leave you with extreme harshness since the E-juice glycerin is not the same consistency as shisha gycerin (I'm also a vapor). I would recommend getting plain steam stones, some regular USP (food grade vegetable glycerin) and mixing your e-juice with those. Just mix them until the e-juice is slightly thicker than normal, then add to the stones. Let the stones sit overnight then enjoy.
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
chrisbru
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Adding this to the tobacco might leave you with extreme harshness since the E-juice glycerin is not the same consistency as shisha gycerin (I'm also a vapor). I would recommend getting plain steam stones, some regular USP (food grade vegetable glycerin) and mixing your e-juice with those. Just mix them until the e-juice is slightly thicker than normal, then add to the stones. Let the stones sit overnight then enjoy.

Yup - If you REALLY need bigger clouds and think you already have your packing and heat management perfect (protip: you don't), then get pharmaceutical/vegetable grade glycerine and mix a very small amount in with your tobacco.
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Meatless
Hookah Aficionado

Now why would you want to go ruining perfectly good mu'assel by putting E-liquid in it?
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
iWantHookah
Hookah Nut

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't e-juice contain a lot of nicotine (since that's what you fill the e-cig cartridge with) ?
You'd be pouring a high concentration of nicotine on your shisha tobacco... Not much point. It might also give you a headache.

Quote from an e-juice vendor:
"Warning : E-liquid should be handled with care. We recommend our 24 mg e-liquid if you are not use to handling nicotine in high concentrations. We also recommend wearing protective clothing when handling this e-liquid, if this liquid comes in to contact with your skin, wash off immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below, you should seek medical attention immediately and state that you have used nicotine."

Last edited by iWantHookah; August 30th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
HookahMo
Hookah Enthusiast

I buy it without nicotine
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWantHookah View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't e-juice contain a lot of nicotine (since that's what you fill the e-cig cartridge with) ?
You'd be pouring a high concentration of nicotine on your shisha tobacco... Not much point. It might also give you a headache.

Quote from an e-juice vendor:
"Warning : E-liquid should be handled with care. We recommend our 24 mg e-liquid if you are not use to handling nicotine in high concentrations. We also recommend wearing protective clothing when handling this e-liquid, if this liquid comes in to contact with your skin, wash off immediately. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below, you should seek medical attention immediately and state that you have used nicotine."
It can be in different concentrations. I personally wouldn't put the e-cigarette juice or whatever into my hookah in any way, shape, or form. Why? I don't really have some complex reason, I just personally don't like the taste of most e-juice. I find them to be beyond artificial.

Official Nicaraguan of Hookah Pro and the Black Leaf Brotherhood
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM
HookahMo
Hookah Enthusiast

What If I used e liquid to refill the shiazo steam stones
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
cableparrot
Hookah Aficionado

my friend got glycerin from gnc to put in the tobacco, never found out how it worked, just know you can get it at vitamin shoppe/gnc

edit: SHIT forgot to read the last post date

Last edited by cableparrot; November 30th, 2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: PLEASE DELETE
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

I am just going to pass out because of this thread. No, no and no, do not put that stuff into your moassel or nargile. JMO
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
HookahMo
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableparrot View Post
my friend got glycerin from gnc to put in the tobacco, never found out how it worked, just know you can get it at vitamin shoppe/gnc

edit: SHIT forgot to read the last post date
It's all good man
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook