Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First Tangiers smoke

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
ilovebrood
Hookah Newbie

Default First Tangiers smoke

So I tried Tangiers for the first time last night. Tried Maraschino Cherry.
I let it acclimate, stirred it, during acclimation every now and then, overpacked my tangiers phunnel bowl (also used double foil and a bunch of smaller holes poked by a toothpick), and used a good bit less heat.

I have to thank the community for all its knowledge. The flavor was recommended, (and for good reason), it was absolutely delicious. However, I couldn't get too much smoke. I'm curious if its just my lungs. The draw was effortless (razan hose on my new MZ), but I couldn't draw for more than 2 seconds max because I would cough, or struggle to keep from coughing. It was not burnt, did not smell burnt above the bowl nor taste burnt at all (tasted amazing). I lightly purged here and there to clear smoke and cool the shisha.

But when I took off even more heat, I could draw longer but got very little smoke. It was not harsh, as in burned shisha harsh, I just couldn't draw for any significant amount of time. Is that normal for a first time Tangiers smoke?
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: First Tangiers smoke

Maybe you underpacked?

Is there a "tickle behind the throat" when you were smoking Tangiers? Its normal I've heard

But if you cough cuz it feels like your throat is on fire, yup its underpacked lol
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Maybe you underpacked?

Is there a "tickle behind the throat" when you were smoking Tangiers? Its normal I've heard

But if you cough cuz it feels like your throat is on fire, yup its underpacked lol
basically.....
Ive heard it feels like right as the smoke is getting harsh, like right as you get just that little feeling in your throat.
kinda like what you get if you smoke strait cinnamon flavor shisha, or strait mint shisha
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:22 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

i've been letting my new tangiers acclimate for going on 72 hours now(three different flavors: static starlight, green apple, and red tea) and it all still has a little soy sauce smell with it. the static starlight smells the most "normal"(not sure what it's supposed to smell like); It might have to do with the louisiana heat and humidity, around 60-85 percent humidity all week, with the heat index around 95-105. Does anyone have any advice as far as acclimation goes? and which flavor should I smoke first?
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeah i know i pack my tangiers properly but u cant get as big as a pull on tangiers than u can say Af.. its a much more thicker smoke soo u cant take in as more.. its very enjoyable when you take smaller pulls anyway.. im glad u had a decent first experiance with tangiers.. when i run low on all my tobacco i wanna pick up other tangiers flavors..
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

if its wild fires in your throat with little heat, its underpacked. fluffing it into the bowl (even if you think its overpacked) is usually not enough. if you pack it right, you can put a good deal of heat on it to produce pretty nice clouds.

try searching the forums, i put a tutorial up and a lot of other people have asked similar questions.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

nice, can you post the link to the tutorial? as I bought tangiers from John and am waiting for it to come =)
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...=pack+tangiers
on my firefox favorites
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

thanks man, good tut. One thing I'm not sure of; so the tobacco is supposed to touch the foil when smoking tangiers, right? And another question how long should I leave it to acclimate? I got the marashino cherry on John's suggestion. (still wating for it to come tho, as well as my hookah )
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM
ridah626
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbanu View Post
thanks man, good tut. One thing I'm not sure of; so the tobacco is supposed to touch the foil when smoking tangiers, right? And another question how long should I leave it to acclimate? I got the marashino cherry on John's suggestion. (still wating for it to come tho, as well as my hookah )
yes to tobacoo is supposed to touch the foil. also all the tobacco should be tight together. dont sprinkle it like with starbuzz or af. i usually pack it then push it down then pack then push until it goes over the tip of the phunnel. i havent had any problems with that strategy except for some off days.

as for acclimation, u should acclimate it until it smells right. the way it smells is the way its going to taste.
Old July 15th, 2008, 02:38 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

thanks when it arrives I will post pics of the KM and my experience with it and tangiers. Until then, cheers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook