Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Have you ever tried... (4 different brands of shisha)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Have you ever tried... (4 different brands of shisha)

I'm always up to trying new stuff, and after wandering around - I found 4 brands of shisha I've never tried and found very few reviews for.

Crystal
Al Sultan
Sultan
Al Ajamy

So, has anyone tried these brands out? If yes - what you think? What flavor did yoy try/recommend?

I still need to try Furmi and a few others, but the price scares me away. Not that I think they are bad, but I just don't want to spend THAT much on shisha (Furmi is 100g for 9$!)
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Have you ever tried... (4 different brands of shisha)

I haven't tried any of those, but would like to try some new ones also. I got some Bahrain from Bahrain, maybe I can shoot ya a sample when I finally open them up! (trying to go through my current stash first..)

One of the ones I tried by accident, was Fusion Banana, and I really enjoyed it! So yes, it is fun to venture out and try some new shisha, and see what else is just as good, if not better than what we normally smoke.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

al sultan and sultan are coming in friday.
Old July 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I heard crystal is pretty decent. But thats all. Sorry that I'm not more help!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:46 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba
Coming in where? You ordered some? What flavors - I made a list of the next batches I want to order.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Sultan/Splash blows

Al Ajamy makes a nice smoke.... bu the flavor seems weak and the smoke time is rather abbreviated.
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:31 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Ah, so "sultan" - not Al Sultan, sucks? I was wondering - the Sultan is more pricey than the other one. But Al Ajm is decent?

Hum.... working on a list

Al Ajamy Peach (250g)
Al Ajamy Esk Apple (50g)
Al Sultan Chocolate (250g)
Nakla Tropicana (250g)
Crystal Starwberry (250g)
Saharah Banana and Milk (250g)
Layalina BlackBerry, Blueberry, Raspberry (50g each)
High Grade Black Bowl

How's this sounds.... maybe in a month or two.... don't want to order much shisha during the height of VA summers
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaba
Coming in where? You ordered some? What flavors - I made a list of the next batches I want to order.
cola al sultan and peppermint sultan
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Avoid Sultan (same company makes Splash) because it's total crap. About 3 months back someone gave the club something like 6 kilograms of the stuff in a wide range of flavours and all of them tasted bad if they had any taste. It all got thrown in the trash. Al Sultan may be the same but I don't know. Al Ajamy is supposedly pretty good but nothing exceptional but I have never had it. I never even heard of Crystal.
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:00 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I'm not sure if Al Sultan and Sultan/Splash are the same.

The prices are different (AS - 250g for 7.95 and Sultan 250g for 9.95). As well as the other look and packaging (but that can be deseving).

All 4 of the types I'm researching are availble on HC. Al Ajamy is the pricest (12.95) - the rest (but for Sultan) are 7.95.

No worse than Nakhla, so I figured couldn't be much worse. Al Amir is more and it sucks (my opinion), so I know price isn't always a good thing to base a flavor on.
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn

they got the Al Ajamy market up! I get 50g at a retail market for $1.49... 250's were $9.99? Lemme know how that peach treats you.... interested in others opinions on the brand.

Layalina Blackberry and Blueberry are slam dunks. If you like how Layalina smokes... then it wouldnt hurt to order heavy on those flavs... they are stellar. Watermelon... Orange and Fig were standout flavs too.

Nakhla Tropicana is very strong in flavor. I didnt care for it myself.... way to overpowering IMHO.... the smell of it is so strong just in the package that it permeated my other shisha stored near it.... made it smell and taste like Tropicana as well.

Sultan/Splash is NOT the same as Al-Sultan.

S/S is made int he USA. Al-Sultan is made in Jordan. (if you click on the 50g box of shisha you get a bigger pic and you can read on the lower left hand corner of the bottom of the box MADE IN JORDAN.)
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I LOVE Layalina - i heard those where good flavors, but I want a taste before the whole ***. Plus Watermelon and Orange just aren't my favor cup o'tea. This next order is more of a sampler than anything else, but I'm hoping the Peach is good - it's teh same as AF and since they are supposed to be releasing a Peach.... (but currently loving my Lay Peach :P )

I figured AS and Sultan were different - I saw the made in USA but not the Made in Jordan. And you should see the local prices for Al Amir - $3 for 50g in some places, $11 for a tub! It was a sad day Al Amir outisted AW in my town(s).
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

well right now i fired up some of the peppermint sultan.

It came in a nice container which is good, but the shisha came in what looks like one of those disposable dog doo-doo bags. It has a nice light smell of peppermint without being too strong. With a three kings coal, it produces a light to medium smoke. The taste of the smoke is nice, its not overbearing like I thought it might be. Its a good light taste of peppermint that actually works well with the tobacco. The smoke is also very very smooth, you can barely tell you're taking in smoke if it weren't for the hint of peppermint. The cut is decent and the tobacco isn't too wet.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:13 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

sounds decent, but I'm not sure I want to spend 10$ on a nice modified mint. It is any sweeter than mints typically run?
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
sounds decent, but I'm not sure I want to spend 10$ on a nice modified mint. It is any sweeter than mints typically run?
I wouldn't be able to say, its not really sweet.
Old July 28th, 2007, 01:08 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

just tried the al sultan cola,

Really didn't like that it came in a little box that came apart immediately. If I buy 250 grams of any shisha, I want it in a tub. I don't want to have waste time to put it in a mason jar.

The Shisha was somewhat dry, and as I look at the bottom of the jar, theres very little shisha-juice at the bottom. It provides very little smoke which isn't really what you want from a cola flavored shisha, you want a strong robust flavor. Cola is normally a great mixer, but al sultan cola tastes seemingly useless for blends.

The sultan peppermint was good in that the light smoke and taste complimented itself to make a pleasurable smoking experience, al sultan cola is a huge letdown. It has the general clove like taste but lacks any power.

Before smoking it alone, I mixed it with some other shisha that I thought would make a good combo, it was terrible. The al sultan cola seems to have the touch of death.

This is the last time I waste money on al sultan. If sultan is the same producers of sultan, I will probably not venture past peppermint. If you want a strong cola thats a good mixer, al waha cola is much better and comes in tubs.
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:31 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

hum.... good review, you might want to rewrite it in the review sections: both for peppermint sultan and coal Al sultan....

I'll probably still order the peach, just because... you never know. Sometimes a brands flavors can range wildly in "goodness" - sorry cola was such a let down. I've never done that flavor, but clove smell/taste does sounds interesting - maybe I'll add a 50g pack of coal to my order.
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:17 AM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

I have not had any of those brands before. I used to always get Sinbad and Sultan mixed up, Sinbad is pretty solid and comes in cool tube packages. I have HEARD that Al Ajamy Cherry is phenomenal.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook