Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Vortex bowl?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Vortex bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Smoke Company View Post
Hey everyone,

sorry, I just got back into town on Monday and im know finally caught back up with all my work. I would of responded to this posy earlier.

The vortex bowls just arrived to our warehouse yesterday, They are available in blue, black and white and also in metal..
To answer a few of your questions, the bowl holds about 25g - 30g of shisha. it holds about 10g more than regular clay/ceramic bowls. (we didn't see the need for a bowl that holds 50g to 100g of shisha, in the end you waste a lot shisha with such a big bowl, unless you're having a party and you need one bowl to last 3 hours! ) If we get lots of requests for a bigger size then we will add it to the inventory.
The Vortex bowl is designed differently from the standard funnel bowls, if you visit the link above you will see how the holes are aligned inside the bowl. There about 4 holes all together on the inside of the bowl. The holes are not too big, HookaH Hookah is the finest cut of shisha and it does not fall in the hole. We have tested the bowls with many shisha brands and it improves the smoking ability of every one, (the same affect the funnel bowls have on most shisha brands) the brand the vortex bowl has helped the most is Hookah Hookah. In the Vortex bowl, Hookah Hookah burns longer and keeps the flavor without getting harsh as it does sometimes in regular bowls. I attended a wholesale trade show last week, and we were using the vortex bowl the entire week (1 bowl every hour) the bowl would of lasted a lot longer than 1 hour but retailers wanted to try new flavors every hour. I was using 1 1/2 coals everytime and did not burn the bowl once. I still wouldn't recommend using 2 or 3 coals with hookah tobacco, but almost everyone uses that many coals to smoke the thicker cut shisha, with Hookah Hookah and the vortex bowl you can use 2 coals but 1 will work great. (with regular bowls just use 1 coal and the shisha wont burn)
We had many requests to carry the funnel bowls and we didn't want to bring out the same design thats already sold on the market, so we designed our own. The mod is already built into the bowl, so there's no need to buy an add on to make the bowl work correctly. The vortex bowl is an alternative to the funnel bowls, it has the same concept though. It is very easy to pack shisha in the vortex bowls! Vortex bowls will start coming free with all of our new hookahs premiering near the end of the year. The vortex bowl was specifically made for Hookah Hookah so customers could enjoy the flavor a lot longer, but it does work with every shisha brand.

we will have an instructional video on the vortex bowl coming out soon, it will show how to pack the bowl and how to arrange the holes on the foil.
Personally, Im in love with the vortex bowl, I received the very first samples from our manufacturer and I have been using it ever since. It makes smoking hookah so much better, the flavor holds the entire time and no juices run down the inside of the stem. I do love the funnel bowls as well, I have smoked out of them many times, thats why im so happy we now carry the Vortex bowls.
we have already received many orders for the vortex bowls so you should start seeing reviews on them online pretty soon.

have a great day,

best,
Jonathan
SaharaSmoke.com
There's only a handful of people's reviews that i trust personally.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

ordering right now. can't wait to try it out!

Old July 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Oh good your one of em.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I would be concerned that the holes would eventually become clogged with burnt juice and could pose a problem to clean considering their angle and placement.

Are the holes designed to reside under the shisha? If so I can see the logic but that supports my concern. If they are above the shisha line then my point is pointless. In this case this would be a simple change to the funnel that would eliminate the occasional problem with foil sucking into the hole (happens to me sometimes when the foil gets loose). I can't really say that it would change airflow much without testing it out.
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The holes are in the middle so they would be covered by the shisha, but over the top of the juices that sink to the bottom. Juice leaking would still be there i would think, but not to such an extent as an egyptan style bowl. The juiced become very thin when the coal comes in, and they all sink right to the bottom. The vortex is basically the same as the phunnel with a mod, in which the smoke is directed straight through the tobacco itself to moaximize the over-all flavor.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Mine is on the way, can't wait. Also gave me the excuse to pickup a few other things from them
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

pretty sweet im going to look into it.. bc i do waste alot of shisha.. but anyway i say you shoudl raffle like 2 off.. haha soo we can try them out and spread the word.. =P
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

I just might get one of these in my next bulk order soon.
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
thomas
Hookah Newbie

Damn Im going to get one of these as well.
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Already have two on the way.
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Sahara Smoke Company
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I think they are great and are only 17 bucks (with shipping added in).

One thing, I would say just from looking, is that they look a bit too deep. I like to smoke so that i still have some juice on the bottom of my bowl (it of course adds to flavor), so maybe this wouldn't matter to me but to some people it might. What would you say about the depth Jonathan?
I measued the depth of the vortex bowl, its a little over 1" (inch) in depth. the standard clay/ceramic bowls are a little less than 1/2" (inch).
I love the depth of the vortex, when you see it, its really not that deep. all the juices stay in the shisha instead of leaking out. with the vortex, the juicier the shisha the better the flavor.
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I would be concerned that the holes would eventually become clogged with burnt juice and could pose a problem to clean considering their angle and placement.

Are the holes designed to reside under the shisha? If so I can see the logic but that supports my concern. If they are above the shisha line then my point is pointless. In this case this would be a simple change to the funnel that would eliminate the occasional problem with foil sucking into the hole (happens to me sometimes when the foil gets loose). I can't really say that it would change airflow much without testing it out.
you dont have to worry about the holes becoming clogged, the juice will never leak through the holes. the holes are small enough that the shisha will not get clogged in them. if it ever became an issue, you could clean the holes out with the poker attached to your tongs, the holes are at an angle tht can be reached with a poker.

The holes are designed to be above the shisha, the airflow ciculates better through the shisha, it causes it to burn the shisha evenly.
you shouldnt have an issue with foil sticking to the holes or bowl. the very top piece in the middle is ceramic and the holes are on the side of the middle piece. with the vortex, you dont put the coal directly in the middle, if you did, the middle of the coal would sit on the ceramic top and not over all of the the shisha. also, when poking the holes in the foil, there is no need to poke holes in the middle, only over the shisha around the bowl.
sorry if im not clear, we're closing in 10 minutes so im typing fast.
our instructional video will explain a lot.

i will be able to log on tonight from home to answer ay other questions
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
The holes are in the middle so they would be covered by the shisha, but over the top of the juices that sink to the bottom. Juice leaking would still be there i would think, but not to such an extent as an egyptan style bowl. The juiced become very thin when the coal comes in, and they all sink right to the bottom. The vortex is basically the same as the phunnel with a mod, in which the smoke is directed straight through the tobacco itself to moaximize the over-all flavor.
wow, you said it perfectly, the only thing is with the vortex, there is no issue with juices leaking, unless maybe if you were to really over pack the bowl, which i might try so i can answer this question down the line.
the vortex is basically a different designed phunnel with the mod built in
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
pretty sweet im going to look into it.. bc i do waste alot of shisha.. but anyway i say you shoudl raffle like 2 off.. haha soo we can try them out and spread the word.. =P
thats not a bad idea, ill contact sambooka tomorrow to see what kind of contest/raffle we can do so a couple hookahpro members can win a vortex bowl!
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I say 2 bucks for a raffle ticket, and all elite members should get a free ticket!
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:48 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23 View Post
I say 2 bucks for a raffle ticket, and all elite members should get a free ticket!
Lol heck ya sounds like a great idea to me! :P

Hell, I'd even wanna buy this thing...Can't wait till I work again next week and get my paycheck
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Pretty awesome bowl. I think I might have to loosen up the purse strings and get one of these in the next few weeks.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old July 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Smoke Company View Post
you dont have to worry about the holes becoming clogged, the juice will never leak through the holes.
Never say never!
Drippy shisha can even escape phunnel bowls!
It still looks to be a good design. Nice price, too.
I might have to order a couple.

Old July 25th, 2008, 01:59 AM
wpw36
Hookah Newbie

idk if the holes are as small as sahara is making them out to be, one would think the draw would be like trying to suck thru one of those coffee straws
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I was recently given a great deal by Jonathan, and i purchased a Vortex bowl in an instant. I have a very, very good feeling about this bowl.

I say it would drip juices slightly because of the juices sticking on the tobacco when it is loaded into the bowl. So when the heat source comes, and the juices begin to lose their viscosity and run down into the bowl, and the holes are in the middle of the bowl so they will run down the side of the raised center entering the holes.

What i am not saying is that this is a problem. I get drippage from a phunnel with a mod, it in no way affects flavor, longevity, heat capacity, etc.

The holes are smaller, but numerous. They are small enough to not allow tobacco to enter them, but large enough and numerous enough to allow proper and efficient airflow. In an egyptian bowl there are more than enough holes to get the job done, so in that regard they could afford to lose some without losing their ability to provide you with a good smoke.

But this is what reviews are for, and Mr. Bungle is a trusted member and i would take what he says to heart,

Last edited by ZenSilk; July 25th, 2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:15 PM
GuardianOfFreyj
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to GuardianOfFreyj Send a message via Yahoo to GuardianOfFreyj

I picked mine up today. (The advantages of living in Statesboro). I'll probably be posting a review tomorrow. Considering I have never used a funnel, this'll be a completly new experience for me, but if it was specifically designed for HH and HF that's great for me since I smoke those more than anything else. It looks really good, and the holes look only slightly smaller than a regular bowl. They are kind of high, but it looks like it will smoke very well
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:19 PM
metsman88
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to metsman88

first one to tryitgive a review
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:26 PM
RussianOG
Hookah Newbie

Just bought one the other day, will do a proper review upon receiving.
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
GuardianOfFreyj
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to GuardianOfFreyj Send a message via Yahoo to GuardianOfFreyj

THIS THING IS AWESOME! I'm smoking from it right now, and a review will be up after I finish.... if it ever finishes that is...

EDIT: The review is up

Last edited by GuardianOfFreyj; July 25th, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOfFreyj View Post
THIS THING IS AWESOME! I'm smoking from it right now, and a review will be up after I finish.... if it ever finishes that is...

EDIT: The review is up
how's the pull on it?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook