Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Electric Shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Electric Shisha

I came upon this crazy website that seems to be offering a rig to smoke shisha that doesn't use charcoal. I have no idea if it is for real and I can't find anything about it in terms of anyone selling it so it might just be a cool idea. Anyway, the site is http://www.electricshisha.com.tw/
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Electric Shisha

looks to me like a vaporizer, traditionally they've been used for aroma therapy and something else....

basically it heats it up using some kind of mechanism (possibly ceramic or glass heating mechanism) to some degree.

If they did it right, it should be healthier then a traditional hookah and should eliminate burning of the tobacco.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've heard of vaporizers but I don't know anyone that uses them nor anyone into aroma therapy. I dropped a line to company in the hope of getting some info but who knows if they will respond. I love the idea of getting rid of charcoal and i'd buy the thing if it works and the price was reasonable.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

the original models were for aroma therapy if memory serves me right, it will allow a person to dislodge the favorable elements from what ever matter one places in it.

The only reason a common vaporizer wouldn't be a favorable rig is that they're made to contain a small amount of material.

From the sounds of it, the differences would be amount of material you can put in it and the sheer size of the unit.
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:38 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Well, I've since the "electric bowl heater", but the other two units - I've seen vaporizers much smaller and compact than those. My Mother suffered from lung issues, she uses a vaporizer unit to get medicine in her lungs - her unit is tiny, but probably a different type than this.

Even if it works as it says it does, who knows HOW long it would last, plus it just looks wack - I want a hookah to smoke, not a weird tiny can thing. If I were to even bring that thing outside in my area - the cops would be busting my chops ASAP.

It sounds like a good idea, but it could be "packaged" differently to appeal to true argile smokers - which currently sersiously lacks.
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I talked to the guy that runs the firm that makes the electric shisha thing and although he seems nice I still don't know what he is offering exactly and how it works. I'll try to see if I can get anywhere with him.
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
hobohookah
Vendor

It all looks just like an electric heater. Just like coals, it heats the tobacco to a certain temperature, which causes the glycerine to smoke up. In Saudi Arabia, all hookah bars use the electric heater (their first product on that page). They work well, but they take a little getting use to (getting the temp right can be a problem). Im not certain what the mechanism a vaporizer uses, but Im pretty sure it uses water vapor to convert the substance to smoke (or steam/smoke). I dont believe thats how these heaters work.

As for the All In One hookah with heater: Pretty interesting. Looks like R2-D2, heh. Anyways, I'd wonder if that apparatus would heat up the whole Hookah, like the stem and the liquid, creating an unrefreshing smoke.

Id love to hear from anyone who has tried that thing. He must be selling them to someone.
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I'm very curious to talk to someone that has used these things as well. It seems that these things are exported to the Arabic world where they sell well which is odd as I have spent a fair amount of time in the Arabic world and have never seen one even though I spend as time as possible hunting down narghile related stuff. I hope to have some more info on this stuff soon.
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Jeddah_Hookah
Hookah Newbie

hello..

I totally know what you are talking about.
some Arabic areas called the shisha (hookah) different names. So I will talk about area.

Shisha definition is actually not for the hookah everyone knows and it has flavors like (double apple). That’s called (moaseel) the nicotine is less than 1.
the shisha is called for Jerak and it is really famous in Jeddah city (or west of Saudi Arabia) I used to smoke it all the time). The tobacco is black and the nicotine is around 28. The way it smoked is kind of deferent. The head of the hookah (where you put the tobacco) is bigger 3times than the moaseel head. It must be filled totally. The top of that the Coals must fill it completely (TOO MUCH). Then u can smoke it ( you cannot change the coals because you do not need to. the pipeline is around 3-6 meters. The electric shisha is for Jerak not for moaseel. My dad smokes it since I was in elementary. Now I’m in USA and I really would like to buy the electric one with the pipleine, but from where?? (the tobacco I can get it).
I saw 2 pic online that people using it for moaseel and actually it was funny ^_^.
I hope I could explain it and sorry for my English for who could not understand it.

جراك
معسل
شيشة
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook