Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

okay nammors F*^&%*% suck

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310
Default okay nammors F*^&%*% suck

im not sure if that title is appropriate. but nammors suck. my friends has a plastic taste that will seemingly never go away. Mine did but the taste went away after about 4 days of constant use. but my plastic stopper for the detachable mouth piece came off so i super glued it. then the super glue came off and i tried to re-glue the damn thing again. but it went all over my right index and middle fingers. then there was no more glue in the tube so i waited to buy a new super glue or some kind of adhesive so i hung it up on my door handle where it hasn't been touched in about 2 days. So i decided to use it anyway and just hold the mouth piece in place. SO i pick it up to use the damn thing and alas, the handle completely detaches. and the threading around the handle is completely unwrapping. Lame. F this hose, im getting a razan. Stupid super glue. Stupid plastic taste. Stupid handle. Stupid hose. Just needed to vent. And warn you guys. There was already a thread about not buying a nammor and how it's poorly crafted, i just wanted to add on to that.
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: okay nammors F*^&%*% suck

Hmmm I have been hearing people rant and rave about Nammors, but I've had mine for nearly a year now and no troubles at all. I guess like everything that is mass produced there will be a lemon now and then.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Hmmm I have been hearing people rant and rave about Nammors, but I've had mine for nearly a year now and no troubles at all. I guess like everything that is mass produced there will be a lemon now and then.
mmmmmm! lemon flavored nammors!
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

Sorry to hear about your hose man.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

thesauce310- It seems that Nammors and Razans will fall apart after time. The water vapors from the smoke, cause the hot glue ot break down and over time, lose it's bonds and become loose.

My advice to you would be to invest in a 5.00 craft glue gun and a 1.00 bag of glue sticks. they will be your best friend.

I love my hose and wouldn't trade it for any other hose on the market. It just needs hot glue to keep it alive Which isn't that big of a deal. You just heat it up for a minute, squirt glue where ever you need it, let it dry for a while and off you go!

Don't use super glue, that stuff is CRAP for a hose. Like I said, use a glue gun! hee hee

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; July 19th, 2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:52 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

i dont have a nammor but i heard you have to wash it first and the when you do wash it the water should be purple or something. it shouldnt have a plastic taste after that
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

I have a razan hose. The issue is the bowl grommet that hold in the mouth piece....a little bit of gorilla glue fixed that fast!
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Use a softer glue. Super glue and similar glues dry and turn very brittle. As long as you don't flex, bend or twist the glue holds fine. Every time you removed or inserted the mouthpiece you weakened the glue. Try using a hot glue gun with softer setting glue sticks as KoRnKitten suggested.
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:17 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

we used warm water to clean it and it still had the plastic taste. i wanna use a glue gun next but this is just depressing. my hose is only 2 weeks old (less than that just rounding out).
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesauce310 View Post
we used warm water to clean it and it still had the plastic taste. i wanna use a glue gun next but this is just depressing. my hose is only 2 weeks old (less than that just rounding out).
I can understand that, just smoke it out. The water only rinses the ink residue from the acrylic tips and smoke residue from the hose. It really doesn't do anything to get rid of the plastic taint from the hose itself. You can run a lemon juice/water mix and see if it helps cover it up until the plastic taste is gone. Keep smoking it though, it will come around.
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:49 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Same thing happened to me with the handle and glue prob. But, the plastic taste will definitely go away when you CLEAN the hose with lemon, hot water, and dish washing soap BEFORE you use it.

I try not to clean the razan like everyday, maybe once a week to every 2 weeks of heavy smoking because I know that the glue wil break down easily
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:50 AM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

you just got a bad batch i was a victim of this me and my g/f ordered two red nammor hoses, and when they arrived we washed them and everything they had the slight plastic taste but went away after about 3 uses. but about 3 days of use my g/fs litterly started unravalling and we were like wtf? so we called up the site we got it from and told them the prob and they sent a replacement free of charge so she ended up getting a pink one when that one arrived it was perfect and did not have any problems what so ever, but then my red nammor started to do the same thing as the first so i called up and they sent me a black one free of charge and of course much much better we have had our black and pink nammors for about 4 months now of constant constant use and they are holding their own flawlessly except the grommet popped out of my g/fs but some super glue fixed it up good as new and it has held together till this day... so therefore i think you just got a bad batch.. try calling who ever you got it from and see if theyll replace it?
Old July 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I just get redneck on its ass. Wrap it nice and tight.
Old July 20th, 2008, 11:40 AM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

spend 5 dollars at ace on a plastic hose and mouth piece (plastic tube adapter) and then you don;t have to worry about these sort of things and the hose will last for forever
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
RicoSuave646
Hookah Nut

yea i had some issue like this with my razan hose... its just wear and tare also and the yanking and pulling and pushing when u insert the mouth piece it just breaks down the glue. so yea as stated above try hot glue NOT super glue.. i did that and not only did it not work but it made a mess, got on my fingers, and soaked into the arm band thingies and made them a little hard..

as for the taste.. just rinse it out with really hot water and dish soap and lemon juice and then break it in with some smoke sessions and it shud be fine.
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

i got rid of my plastic taste already but he hasn't. my purple hose needs surgery or needs to be replaced hahaha right now im sticking to this stock KM hose which does just fine.
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

I thought the KM hoses have the same diameter as the nammors which means the draw is exactly the same? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevinator View Post
I thought the KM hoses have the same diameter as the nammors which means the draw is exactly the same? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
KMs slightly larger(very slight), especially the new 7/8 diameter KM hoses.
Old July 20th, 2008, 03:03 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

im not sure about the diameter of my KM or nammor, but my nammor (even when broken) still pulls slightly easier than my KM.
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:25 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

My km hose pulls slightly less easier than my razan, but the KM hose end piece is not drilled very well, so i'm gonna have to drill it over again.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

The glue on my Razans died within days of use. I just cleaned out all the residue and pushed the mouthpiece back in. There's enough friction to keep an airtight seal.
Makes it easier when it comes time to rinse them out.

Old July 21st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

iight well that sucks to hear u got a dud Nammor and a lemon nammor would be awsome but really razans are fricken awsome i just got mine like 3 days ago and its great no plastic taste at all cleans fine and hits amazing.. i got the Razan Sultan its so fun to play with its all fluffy.. deff look into it if ur nammor is crapping out on you..
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:31 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob416 View Post
iight well that sucks to hear u got a dud Nammor and a lemon nammor would be awsome but really razans are fricken awsome i just got mine like 3 days ago and its great no plastic taste at all cleans fine and hits amazing.. i got the Razan Sultan its so fun to play with its all fluffy.. deff look into it if ur nammor is crapping out on you..
yeah imma do that just waiting for the funds i wanna buy shisha first the hose is second priority. i have my friends razan lying around and i agree that it has no pastic taste. it's also very durable because the hose was under a chair and the chair completely smashed the middle of the hose. but i bent it the opposite way and it still works like a charm.
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

This isnt the first time Ive heard bad things about nammors and razans, I bought a mya house for $8 and it smoke like a champ....no bad taste whatsoever! Not oeven on the first use. Its got a wood tip with no metal on the end and its super smooth. Im considering buying another for certain types of flavors. Sometimes cheaper is the way to go.
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Nammors and Razans are produced excatly the same way. My friend has a razan and i have a nammor. Aside from the handle i cant see ANY difference. The handle is wraped the same way, the have the same grommets, same mouthpiece, etc. They are just bought by different companies which name it different.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook