Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Al Amasi

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Al Amasi

I heard about this moassel called Al Amasi which is apparently has very realistic fruit flavours and is unwashed. Anyone here ever tired it? I think it's from Lebanon but I am not sure.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Al Amasi

Nah I've never heard of this brand either. Idk why, but it sounds a tad familiar but I could be wrong
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Is it here in the States? I could have swore I saw something like that in my local arab market.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

If you get your hands on it, send some here!
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

there is a tobacco shop next door to me and they carry it I believe. Maybe i should go pick some up and give it a whirl and give you the review.
________
Toyota N engine

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Yes.... Pipe Flavor.

The cut was large and chunky. Very wet. The flavor was just vanilla....and reminded me of air freshener...with that chemically note.
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well Lake your report does not sound to appealing but apparently a lot of people like some of the flavours. If anyone can find a source for the stuff let me know.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Nevermind!
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Sahara Smoke Company
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahara Smoke Company

YESS! I use to love Al Amasi, when I first started working for shara smoke co. we carried al waha, saet safa, al amasi and nakhla. we carried al amasi in the 250g pouches (first shisha to come in a re-sealable zip lock puch). my favorite was memories mix, i created hookah freak freaks choice to mimick al amasi memories mix, it was very minty and sweet. al amasi didnt really sell for us. when i found out we were going to stop carrying it, i bought the last case of memories mix! al amasi use to have lots of food coloring in it, when you got banana the shisha was yellow, for memories mix it was green. it was long thick shreds of tobacco covered in molasses and food coloring. i alwaus got bigs clounds of smoke and it gave a good buzz.

we have a couple bags in the warehouse that expired about 2 years ago! if your interested lol!!
im not sure why we still have it, we have some old nakhla too! of course we dont sell it anymore (its expired)

I havent seen al amasi for sell in the states in a long time, we imported it from egypt (im not sure if thats where it was made but thats we it was shipped to us from)
if you ever come across it, try memories mix! it is so good. i also enjoyes their grape (the shisha was purple!)
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

i'll take a packet
Old July 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Hell its probably just as good...

That packaging was the first actual good packaged shisha I ever saw.... Was like all the packaging you would find on like trail mix...plastic packaging with an inner "zip lock" seal. with inner reflective lining. That shit has to be like the MRE of the shisha world.
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I remember I once bought a kilo worth of Quemsa (a really good Indian moassel and Jurak brand) that I found on a dusty shelf in New Orleans and found out after I bought it that iwas seven years old. It tasted great and I was glad to get as the stuff has always been a bitch to find. I also have tub of Ark Sous (by Al Fakher) that is something like 8 years old and it looks, feels and smokes great. I have a bubby that is going to Egypt so i'll pester him to grab me some Al Amasi. Thanks for the tip Sahara Smoke!
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:06 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

hey Hajo, can you name some other Indian moassels? I was talking to someone who said they brought over some tobacco from India and I can't remember the name for anything >_<

Old July 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

India has hundreds of brands of moassels, juraks and tombacs but I have had just a few. They tend to be more like old fashioned Arabian juraks then like Gulf states fruity stuff. What i've had and like that I can recall off hand is:Quemsa, Bejka, Abu Itrah, Abu Shisha (a jurak labeled a shisha), Al Kaas, AJPL (a moassel labled a jurak), El Kif, Arous El Nile, El Gondoul,Al Jawahara & Taj Mahal. Keep in mind that when Indian companies call something a shisha they are trying to make a fruit flavoured moassel but somehow it still is sort of a jurak/moassel mix. They also make lots of brands like Desi Merli which you are supposed mix with molasses before smoking. You also need to remember that they also use tobacco in food so make sure that you don’t get tobacco meant to eat and smoke it.
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:01 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
India has hundreds of brands of moassels, juraks and tombacs but I have had just a few. They tend to be more like old fashioned Arabian juraks then like Gulf states fruity stuff. What i've had and like that I can recall off hand is:Quemsa, Bejka, Abu Itrah, Abu Shisha (a jurak labeled a shisha), Al Kaas, AJPL (a moassel labled a jurak), El Kif, Arous El Nile, El Gondoul,Al Jawahara & Taj Mahal. Keep in mind that when Indian companies call something a shisha they are trying to make a fruit flavoured moassel but somehow it still is sort of a jurak/moassel mix. They also make lots of brands like Desi Merli which you are supposed mix with molasses before smoking. You also need to remember that they also use tobacco in food so make sure that you donít get tobacco meant to eat and smoke it.
tobacco in food? That's wicked. I wonder how much of a buzz people get after their meal. do you know/have any recipes?
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've only had a small selection of food that uses tobacco but actually it's pretty good. Paan has a fair amount and it adds a sweet/woody kind of taste that when combined with all the various spices is pretty good. I also had a kind fried onion thing with potatoes, tobacco and various spices that was pretty good. Unfortunately I don't know any Indians any more and I never got to know big time jurak/moassel fans from India so I don't much about the food thing or the narghile scene in India.
Old July 25th, 2008, 02:14 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've only had a small selection of food that uses tobacco but actually it's pretty good. Paan has a fair amount and it adds a sweet/woody kind of taste that when combined with all the various spices is pretty good. I also had a kind fried onion thing with potatoes, tobacco and various spices that was pretty good. Unfortunately I don't know any Indians any more and I never got to know big time jurak/moassel fans from India so I don't much about the food thing or the narghile scene in India.
lol. okay
I'll search around for some indian friends that have parents that smoke, and maybe get a lesson or to in tobacco in food.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook