Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers posts

Hookah Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tangiers related posts?
I don't pay attention to them 16 27.59%
There are way too many 17 29.31%
There are just enough 16 27.59%
There aren't enough 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share

Old July 24th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Tangiers posts

Please vote with your opinion.
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Tangiers posts

There are too many, they are annoying, if you can't smoke it then don't, stop posting about it, if there is a tangiers post it should be auto-locked, there's already a post out by Scoop with pictures on how to do it, that's great if you like it we don't need to really know all about it, that sucks that you had a bad session i bet there' a club around somewhere...

Ohh, And I don't pay attention to them, Cause there are too many.
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
There are too many, they are annoying, if you can't smoke it then don't, stop posting about it, if there is a tangiers post it should be auto-locked, there's already a post out by Scoop with pictures on how to do it, that's great if you like it we don't need to really know all about it, that sucks that you had a bad session i bet there' a club around somewhere...

Ohh, And I don't pay attention to them, Cause there are too many.
i completely agree. even though i smoked tangiers almost exclusively, i still get extremely annoyed when i see five new pointless posts about tangiers and your horrible experience with it each day.

if you can't stop stop and look around the forums for a tutorials on this forum, then you don't deserve to be able to complain about your laziness.

lastly, tangiers isn't for everyone. so if you don't like buzzes, or non sweet flavored tobaccos please do not buy it and complain to us fives mins later that you had a horrible session with it out of a 15g egytian bowl...
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:36 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Amen! Can i get a Witness??
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:51 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Tangiers likes some people, but it also hates some people. jilly is hated by tangiers, she never seems to get it to smoke right:P
bah, i don't really like tangiers, but i'll smoke it once in a while. There are TOO many threads on it though.
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Are you kidding me?

If it were up to me, this forum would be nothing but Tangier's.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
Are you kidding me?

If it were up to me, this forum would be nothing but Tangier's.
+1

What about all the .. Whats the best shisha and what hookah should I buy threads?!? If you auto close these then why not auto close those?
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i could read tangiers threads all day. but then again, i can read threads of any kind all day.

i voted for needs more tangiers threads, simply because i think the forum should have threads period...not less.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Well it seems that I am the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I apologize and do admit that the post was a bit inane offering nothing but a statement of my experience.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Well it seems that I am the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I apologize and do admit that the post was a bit inane offering nothing but a statement of my experience.
It's the "I can't smoke Tangiers!" or "HELP!" threads that get to me honestly.
Scoop, i don't know HOW you can reply the same exact thing over and over.

I guess it's good for winning a certain contest, eh?
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

the thing is, with Scoops writeup, I can't get Tangiers to smoke right. When Husky told me to over-pack and then tamp down to the rim of the bowl, that's when I got it to smoke right. When I overpacked like Scoop said to and just foiled it up, even with 1 coco nara it was harsh and tasted like shit.

Old July 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I'm just tired of seeing " oh... it's my first time smoking tangiers, i got horrible smoke, help"
" oh, i just tried it again with your guide, still harsh"
"oh, i just tried it for the 49345343 time and it's still harsh"
i really could care less after your first time.
and threads about how i got it to smoke right is pretty much pointless.
BTW- this isn't directed at anybody, i'm just sick of seeing random tangiers threads about how people can't get it to smoke at all.
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i pack using my way every single time. you cant tell the density of the tobacco in the write up because i dont have a see through bowl camera, but its not fluffed, its dense and pressed down.

zen, i just want people to do it right.
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Seriously, it is getting really annoying and old ... this is JUST MY OPINION though!

There are way to many "trouble threads", and way to many Members having trouble with it!? Do you not see the pattern!? That is what makes this so annoying .. because then you got numerous threads on it .. and in each one of the "trouble threads" you got a few Members making claims like "You aren't doing it right" , "You need to acclimate it for 4 hours, if that doesn't work, acclimate it for 8 hours" etc, etc, etc .. it is an endless cycle that is getting old and annoying!

To be honest, sometimes I feel like certain Members are only here to "promote a product" instead of just participating in the community. It is "almost" like they are paid advertisers .. and it is just getting old. I think a lot of people know "who" and "what" I am talking about .. ??

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

I pretty much only smoke Tangiers and I love it Know what I mean?
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
i pack using my way every single time. you cant tell the density of the tobacco in the write up because i dont have a see through bowl camera, but its not fluffed, its dense and pressed down.

zen, i just want people to do it right.
then you are full of heart.

Sam, taht woudl make sense, haha, in an odd reverse psych sorta way. I Think that people hear about how AMAZING Tangiers is, but then they finally order it and it's just absolutely impossible for them to set up. Al they need to do is READ.

Or listen to Immortal Technique and then HE can tell them to READ.
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
metsman88
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to metsman88

too much hostility here people
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman88 View Post
too much hostility here people
No hostility, just a bunch of people exercising their right to free speech. When things get hostile you will know
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

the thing is, i started out smoking tangiers f-line cocoa, whcih tends to be more tempermental than the noir tangiers and i have never had a problem, hell i don't even use the same hole patterns or anything. i do however read alot, on this forum and others, i figure if im gonna sheel out some money for something i better read up on it, so im not wasting my money.

thats just me though, i swear the n00bs buy tangiers, just because it is so crazed,
failing to realize that it's very different from every other tobacco.

my philosophy is trial and error, don't complain every two seconds for someone to help you, because one day, in the real world there isnt going to be someone spoon feeding you everytime.

just my two cents.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Scoop, i don't know HOW you can reply the same exact thing over and over.
You know, I could say the same thing to everyone about a lot of threads.

"How do I setup hookah?"
"Hookah no good."
"Which hookah?"

And so on.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
To be honest, sometimes I feel like certain Members are only here to "promote a product" instead of just participating in the community. It is "almost" like they are paid advertisers .. and it is just getting old. I think a lot of people know "who" and "what" I am talking about .. ??
I already talked to husky when he said a similar thing in chat.
When people ask you what your favorite tobacco is, you say AF or SB or whatever you say. You pay good money, you like it, you tell people you like it.

Whether or not you are referring to me, I'll go ahead and explain the exact same thing that I did to Husky in chat earlier.

I spend my hard earned money on tangiers, Eric gives me nothing for free, and doesn't care if I go on a forum and say "i love this stuff". In the whole time I've known Eric ive gotten nothing free except a sample of test flavor (all of 100g) that he sent out to 50 people...If you really don't believe me, call Eric. He's not even the type of person to lie to you...

I really like the stuff. I personally think its the best tobacco. For me, once I mastered my problems its all I smoke. I can take pics for you of all the tangiers I have, that I paid for.

I had a hard time learning how to do it, but when I did, i loved it. When someone makes a post about how to do it right, I reply to them because i really want them to do it right and enjoy it. I could care less about promoting a product. If starbuzz made a line that was this good, with no food coloring id tell you to buy that...this is just my personal opinion.

What is the alternative, someone makes a post, and no one responds because its tangiers? does that even sound like a community anymore?

Just like you made your videos showing how to setup a hookah, pack a bowl, this and that...I made a tutorial because I wanted people to learn. I wanted people to be able to work around their problems, since it is trickier to learn.

Like I said in a post before, I don't make tangiers threads, or random tangiers posts. The only time (now at least) I answer with tangiers is when someone says what tobacco do you like, or im having a problem. Even then I don't even want to reply anymore due to fear of persecution. I'm not trying to get into fights with people, or have people think I actually make money doing this (i wish by the way...you guys should call Eric and tell him how much I defend tangiers and tell him he should be paying me), I just wanted to help people and if thats not wanted, thats fine by me.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

I really like the stuff. I personally think its the best tobacco.

i completely agree, i think that tangiers, is one of those few products made exceptionally well, and made exactly how eric wants it made.

it really is sad to see people smoking shitty tobacco, al amir for instance and thinking it's great because they have never tried anything better.

so if someone asks for my two cents i will gladly tell them that smoke tangiers exclusively.for the simple reasons:

1.the tobacco is at a cheap price for the high quality.
2.the flavors are dead on, and second to none.
3.i support companies who don't sell out, and make the same starbuzz wannabe shit like everyone else.

i mean in my eyes there's no more one could want from tangiers, sure it can tricky when you're used to smoking starbuzz, and other over priced low Maintenance tobaccos because they are lazy and cant apparent read the dozens of tutorials out there for tangiers.

just my oppinion.
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:58 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Geez, if it pisses that many people off, maybe there could be a Tangiers sub-forum that you could ignore completely.

<rant>I initially thought Tangiers sounded like too much of a hassle, but after reading posts from Scoop and others I tried it and liked it. Without that advice from fellow members I would no doubt have had a shitty experience. I thought that was what this place was all about -- sharing advice and experiences about our common passion.</rant>
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasvic View Post
Geez, if it pisses that many people off, maybe there could be a Tangiers sub-forum that you could ignore completely.

<rant>I initially thought Tangiers sounded like too much of a hassle, but after reading posts from Scoop and others I tried it and liked it. Without that advice from fellow members I would no doubt have had a shitty experience. I thought that was what this place was all about -- sharing advice and experiences about our common passion.</rant>
no i completely agree, but there is no need to post the same thing as someone else did five mins ago ya know?

i agree that this is a community but i just think that since there are tutorials for tangiers, maybe someone should read them before they post 10 times about how their shitty tangiers sessions.
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yes agreed but then again.. the point of the forum is for threads soo what ever.. you dont need to read and post on every single thread if you dont wanna deal with it then dont read it.. ya know.. just because its there doesnt mean your obligated to read and post on it.. if you think about it this thread itsself is contradicting its self.. it says oh are you sick of tangiers posts.. but like really all this is, is ppl ranting about tangiers.. haha.. soo whats the difference
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook