Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers posts

Hookah Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tangiers related posts?
I don't pay attention to them 16 27.59%
There are way too many 17 29.31%
There are just enough 16 27.59%
There aren't enough 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share

Old July 24th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Tangiers posts

Just to add, Scoops method does not work for all. Myself and several others I have spoke to tried it and it failed miserably. But we didn't jump back on the forum and nut out about it. We worked with it until it smoked perfectly for us. We just had to learn to get the correct density regardless of how full the bowl is. Again this was trial and error, Tangiers will always be a pain to learn for some.
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I already talked to husky when he said a similar thing in chat.
When people ask you what your favorite tobacco is, you say AF or SB or whatever you say. You pay good money, you like it, you tell people you like it.

Whether or not you are referring to me, I'll go ahead and explain the exact same thing that I did to Husky in chat earlier.

I spend my hard earned money on tangiers, Eric gives me nothing for free, and doesn't care if I go on a forum and say "i love this stuff". In the whole time I've known Eric ive gotten nothing free except a sample of test flavor (all of 100g) that he sent out to 50 people...If you really don't believe me, call Eric. He's not even the type of person to lie to you...

I really like the stuff. I personally think its the best tobacco. For me, once I mastered my problems its all I smoke. I can take pics for you of all the tangiers I have, that I paid for.

I had a hard time learning how to do it, but when I did, i loved it. When someone makes a post about how to do it right, I reply to them because i really want them to do it right and enjoy it. I could care less about promoting a product. If starbuzz made a line that was this good, with no food coloring id tell you to buy that...this is just my personal opinion.

What is the alternative, someone makes a post, and no one responds because its tangiers? does that even sound like a community anymore?

Just like you made your videos showing how to setup a hookah, pack a bowl, this and that...I made a tutorial because I wanted people to learn. I wanted people to be able to work around their problems, since it is trickier to learn.

Like I said in a post before, I don't make tangiers threads, or random tangiers posts. The only time (now at least) I answer with tangiers is when someone says what tobacco do you like, or im having a problem. Even then I don't even want to reply anymore due to fear of persecution. I'm not trying to get into fights with people, or have people think I actually make money doing this (i wish by the way...you guys should call Eric and tell him how much I defend tangiers and tell him he should be paying me), I just wanted to help people and if thats not wanted, thats fine by me.
First off let me say that Scoop's tutorial is awesome! I try and refer all the new Tangiers smokers there. I do it a little differently than scoop does so I sometimes interject my method if scoops isnt working for someone. Scoop, your help is indeed appreciated and needed. As I said in chat earlier, I got you mixed up with another member and I truly apologize to you. But, having said that, you can very easily look up a certain members posts and almost EVERY SINGLE post is touting tangiers.....very suspicious. Again Scoop, I apologize for the mix up earlier.

Billy
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:56 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

If you don't want to read a tangiers post than scroll past it!Having said that, people should take the time to search the archive instead of consitently posting the "how do you smoke this shit?" thread.
It's no secret that we have members that cringe everytime the "T" word is uttered. Tangiers is not something that is enjoyed by all. But it is a hookah tobacco and this is a hookah group.Personally,I could do w/out discussing my fav. SB flavor or having to explain what dates of AF grape are ok to buy, but I still do it once a week.
We have a growing community w/new folks constantly coming and going, so there will be some redundancy. But this is why I try to make a point of suggesting that people browse the archive when I post my hellos in the "greetings" section.
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:35 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I think its just right. I mean, there are usually Tangiers threads like maybe once or twice a week once in a while. I wish I could get this stuff to smoke! ahhh
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Swing on down and pick up your coals.
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
First off let me say that Scoop's tutorial is awesome! I try and refer all the new Tangiers smokers there. I do it a little differently than scoop does so I sometimes interject my method if scoops isnt working for someone. Scoop, your help is indeed appreciated and needed. As I said in chat earlier, I got you mixed up with another member and I truly apologize to you. But, having said that, you can very easily look up a certain members posts and almost EVERY SINGLE post is touting tangiers.....very suspicious. Again Scoop, I apologize for the mix up earlier.

Billy
1 up. lol
I don't think scoop ever joined to rave about tangiers. He joined because he wanted to meet more hookah smokers.
anyways...
Scoop- i appreciate your helping other members with their troubles about tangiers without rambling on about how others are missing out on this "oh-so" amazing tobacco. Props
-Kevin
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I kinda ignore them, as I consider them annoying and overbearing. I've smoked the Noir line and it was too strong. I enjoy the Lucid more, but it's too pricey. Plus any shisha tobacco that requires me to purchase a special bowl and have a special set-ups is annoying and not something I have time, energy or money for.

I also think those who enjoy, fine & happy , glad it floats your boat. Those who want to try, go for it. But please stop whinning, complaining and/or playing fanboy/gurls each and every time someone says "Tangiers". Each to their own, let sleeping dragons be.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I love Tangiers, I support it, and I think that there has been enough threads to use the search button with the word "Tangiers". it's enough to come up with hundreds of informational threads.

I think the people saying that there are too many mean there are too many, but also that it's much easier to search then to start a new topic that you have to reply the same thing to every time. No one likes that much repetition. Scoop's tutorial is probably the most posted Link on Hookahpro!

I love that you can now smoke Tangiers, but put up a REVIEW! It's much mroe informational and i don't see the word "Tangiers" every other line in the Hookah Discussion.

Most people searched to get here, why can't the search one more time when they get here?
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Barnaby
Hookah Newbie

Being a n00b myself around here, while I do think there are quite a few topics about tangiers, there are just as many saying, what's the best shisha? or, what's better, AF or starbuzz?? Which KM should I get? Is this hookah any good?

I valued the many tangiers threads while learning about it, as everyone's problems are slightly different, and having that many different perspectives allowed me to smoke it right the first time. I did the scoop, packed it down a tad with my oyster fork, foiled it, and had probably the tastiest hookah session I've ever had. And I couldn't even finish the bowl.. 3 people smoking on my small phunnel for an hour or so, and it barely looks like it's been touched.. If there was only 1 thread about this, or even just the tutorial, I don't think I would've been successful. There are alot of nuiances to take into consideration as far as what works for everyone else. Holes, amount of heat, what coals, etc.. 1 tutorial would not have shown all of this.. Just like only 1 thread isn't going to expose all the angles on any given subject.. If you don't want to read about something, don't read it.. you don't have to read every thread here.. bitching about it is kind of counter productive really.. It's like saying.. Man it really hurts alot when I hit my nutz with this hammer..

Last edited by Barnaby; July 25th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

SamB, maybe you should make Scoop's post a sticky?

Old July 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
SamB, maybe you should make Scoop's post a sticky?
Actually, how about we make a how to/guide forum?
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Speak_In_Vowels
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23 View Post
yea that would be sweet, that way we won't have as many people making repetitie post =)

good idea man.
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:10 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23 View Post
I think that would be an awesome idea. And it would be cool for there to be a page showing other members' packing methods so we can compare on which one will work better or not. It will totally help Tangiers n00bs
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:50 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

A FAQ section would be perfect.
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
A FAQ section would be perfect.
Actually break it down even further. A section for Tangiers, one for traditional and then there's the rest.
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Some folks don't have the luxury of not reading posts. LOL The Mods have to read it all. Whether it's a new and interesting topic or the same old stuff. Not complaining, just stating a fact.
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:06 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

even if there was an FAQ, I guarantee people will still be making these posts

Old July 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

hahaha agree ^^
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

most of them get old and repetitive. there have been some here and there that were different issues but seriously. i pack normal stuff to tight so packing tangiers for me should come out fine and frankly it can only be so complicated, none of my friends have issues with it so i wont either

-matt
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

People can't handle it so they come and whine

When really they should just send it to us.
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
People can't handle it so they come and whine

+1!!!
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

As Abu lined out .....

I think the problem is not that there are too many threads but there are too few searches .. way too few

do you think culling out repeated posts would be a problem ?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook