Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Al-Fakher Cut

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 25th, 2008, 07:20 AM
billyy
Hookah Nut

Default New Al-Fakher Cut

I just bought some AF Berrys and AF Pinapple, first thing I realised was the cut from older products was really different. It was'nt as juicy and really small cut and if you hold it in your hand it's like sand in your hand.

AF MINT PROD : JULY 2007

AF PINEAPPLE PROD : MARCH 2008

Also, the flavour has gone really really low it's always dull and can barely taste it.
Your thoughts?
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: New Al-Fakher Cut

Yes, I've experienced the same thing. I will not buy AF until they get their act together. That tiny cut is ridiculous.
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Trust me, you aren't the only one who has probs with the new AF cut.

AF used to be my all time fav tobacco...But now I'm having so much probs with it that I can't stand it and I plan not to buy anymore 250gram tubs anymore I plan on trying the new flavs though..they sound delish. Looks like SB is my all time fav now though
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Yeah well since AF is about the only premium brand of shisha we get around here it's even more problematic for me. No SB, Romman or Fantasia to fall back on.

I really hope the vendors are taking note of these little problems and raising them with the producer.

Last edited by HiToKiRi; July 25th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

According to AF themselves, we as a community, as large as we are, don't make a difference when it comes to their products. The rest of the people buying AF around the globe most likely will not care, or if they do, they won't make it known and will just switch to a different tobacco.

Right now, it's too shredded to fluff and smoke because it burns easily, but you can't pack it in for that exact same reason. Maybe there is a point at which you can smoke it without problems, like a happy medium, but I havn't been able to find it.
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
According to AF themselves, we as a community, as large as we are, don't make a difference when it comes to their products. The rest of the people buying AF around the globe most likely will not care, or if they do, they won't make it known and will just switch to a different tobacco.

Right now, it's too shredded to fluff and smoke because it burns easily, but you can't pack it in for that exact same reason. Maybe there is a point at which you can smoke it without problems, like a happy medium, but I havn't been able to find it.
So true

I think the theory behind the smaller cut is they figure the smaller the cut the more you'll pack your bowl and the more you'll run out and soon enough your out buying another al fakher tub.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:17 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post

I hear what you're saying but by the looks of it it seems as though online retailers make up quite a large amount of the overall market. I'm sure if they raise their concerns with AF and stop placing large orders for AF shisha (or stop buying AF altogether) I'm pretty sure AF will get the message. If their sales start to decline drastically I'm sure they will eventually take action to address the issue.

Last edited by HiToKiRi; July 25th, 2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

It's funny how companies make statements like that. The only people complaining are online. That's simply not true, they can't see the complaints unless they are phoned in or sent by e mail. They can turn a blind eye to the "small market share" we make up, but they won't get another penny from me.
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiToKiRi View Post
I hear what you're saying but by the looks of it it seems as though online retailers make up quite a large amount of the overall market. I'm sure if they raise their concerns with AF and stop placing large orders for AF shisha (or stop buying AF altogether) I'm pretty sure AF will get the message. If their sales start to decline drastically I'm sure they will eventually take action to address the issue.
That would make perfect sense, and I agree with you completely. This isn't like the AF grape problem, this is a bigger problem that affects everything AF was, it affects every flavor, so it will affect every person who smokes it. This new cut leads to less flavor and it can barely take any heat; not enough heat to smoke it but burns with a tad too much.

Dunk - Me either, i refuse, when there are much better companies out thee that deserve my money. HookahHookah is cut small, but you can play with it and actually smoke it effectively. You can't do anything positive with this new AF.
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I just shot a email to them ( 2 by accident ) asking why they changed it. If you want to email them also here is their email info@alfakher.com
hopefully some one will respond.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
abu-ness
Hookah Newbie

with the new stuff i paked the bowl (egiptian) more tight, because the cut its very thin, i use one 3 kings coal splitted in 2, on the ends of the bowl, double layer of foil, and that way gives me the best results, very big clouds and good flavor
try it that way, you gone to like it
thats my 2 cents
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

The new stuff is bad. I don't get the strong flavor i want, but i can live with it, for now.
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel View Post
I just shot a email to them ( 2 by accident ) asking why they changed it. If you want to email them also here is their email info@alfakher.com
hopefully some one will respond.

gl I had sent them an email 2 weeks ago and no one got back to me
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

Well I just ordered three 250g and two 50g all AF and this will be my first new cut of AF since I've only smoked the old cut before I got hooked on SB and now I can't do SB anymore without getting a head ache so I'm making the switch back to AF so hopefully the new cut isn't THAT bad lol.
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
metsman88
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to metsman88

ill have to try this cut it looks intersting
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:23 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevinator View Post
Well I just ordered three 250g and two 50g all AF and this will be my first new cut of AF since I've only smoked the old cut before I got hooked on SB and now I can't do SB anymore without getting a head ache so I'm making the switch back to AF so hopefully the new cut isn't THAT bad lol.
It isn't that bad, but use a phunnel if you have one.
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

All I will say people, if you have complains about Al Fakher's tobacco - complaining here isn't gonna help let them know the public has an issue with their tobacco. Go to the Al Fakher Online website and contact them, express (politely) what your complains are and what issues you are having.

If NO ONE points out the issues, how are they gonna know there is a MAJOR problem with their product.
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

people have emailed and either get no response or say there's nothing they can do about it.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook