Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How Much To Smoke...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 29th, 2008, 02:08 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default How Much To Smoke...

Hi guys, I'm new to hookah smoking. I need to know how much is acceptable to smoke each day. The reason for my asking is because I smoked 3 bowls today and I know this can't be right...or can it? Please let me know because I don't want to over-do it. Thanks guys

- Mohamed
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno
Default Re: How Much To Smoke...

Some weeks I smoke more than a car exhaust. Three smokes a day.

Some weeks, I may have three.
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Ace2666
Hookah Nut

How long where you smoking and where you smoking with other people, if so how many?

There's a lot of factors here. As for how much is too much? That's mostly an opinionated topic.

Personally, if I smoke three times a day, each session 1 hour, by myself, it would be to much for me. I usually smoke with friends, and our sessions are 3-4 hours, weekly.

But, that is not to say three times daily is to much, it's just to much for me.
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:16 AM
thekoukimonster
Hookah Newbie

just cut back a little. Mind over matter lol
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:17 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Haha Juno you are funny as hell bro. But as for your question Ace, I smoke by myself man. Three 1 hour sessions today, but I was wondering if this is too much because tobacco isn't necessarily cheap ya know, so if I smoke that much each day I'm gonna be done with what I have before the week is up! :P
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:51 AM
ridah626
Hookah Newbie

3 hours isnt that bad. i help out at my friends hookah bar and we smoke literally like 8-10 bowls a day. at one point when my friend was staying at my house we smoked like 10 bowls a day for 2 weeks just us 2 HAHAH
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:22 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

One bowl is enough for me a day lol. The most I have done lately is 3 bowls but it is only like maybe 1 day a week at the most.

I don't smoke as much as I used to when I started out. I guess now I'm a "calm" smoker and not a enthusiastic one that I'd smoke the heavens out of my hookah. ^_^
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:34 AM
hookah_man69
Hookah Newbie

you need to smoke as much as you think you can handel cuz only you know. but ill tell you that i smoke 2-3 cowls on a head once a day. some days i dont smoke and somtimes i dont smoke for a week or so. it all depends on how you feel.
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I need to diversify my collection, *****.
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

How much one smokes is up to them. There have been times I've smoked twice a day, everyday a week. Other times I may only smoke a single bowl in the span of 10 days.

Plus, depending on HOW you smoke may be more important. Are you always aiming for BIG CLOUDS, or are you sipping for taste and not inhaling much of the smoke? Big clouds can cause more damage long term as you are drawing the smoke (and nicotine/ect) deep into your lungs. Shallower sips for taste are similar to smoking a cigar - you don't inhale (or inhale deeply) and enjoy the flavor rather than producing clouds.

If your young and healthy, just take into consideration that the more you smoke, the less healthy over the long run you may become. It will also be more expensive as the cost of more tobacco and coals, plus time and effort goes into the mix.
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:49 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

i usually smoke once or twice weekly....
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I smoke once a week, but sometimes i'll smoke like crazy, like 4-5 bowls a day.
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Davis18
Hookah Nut

i normally smoke once a day maybe twice because i hate cleaning it up lol but when im with friends prolly 2 or 3 in a night
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I normally smoke 2 bowls each time I pack. That or one really long bowl of a long lasting tobacco. This happens between 3-4 times a week. Social smoking is the way to go. Then it's not just me smoking that much.

I usually limit myself to three bowls because after that I get a major nicotine headache usually.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Any amount that doesn't cause direct adverse health affects if fine. These include Sore Throat and headaches. Nausea is common as well. If you are smoking that much, keeop hydrated and well fed.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Johnny5
Hookah Newbie

Like everyone else has said, it's all up to you.

I suggest starting off at maybe 1 bowl a day, or even every few days. If you want to step it up, do so slowly and make sure your body is ok with it. You'll learn your limits pretty quickly.
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM
dobber
Hookah Newbie

When all of my roomates decided to go buy hookahs as well, we got up to smoking 4 and 5 bowls a day. One night we went out drinking after hookah and working, then came back and smoked more hookah (with halo). At 4:30 am I got a hardcore headache and tried to go to bed. It got so bad I got nauseous and passed out in my hallway trying to get water. The moral is that I have cut down to 2 bowls a day and I feel great. So you just have to learn your own limits one way or the other. Hope my tale of caution helps you out.
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Thanks to everyone for replying. The reason why I'm asking this is...I actually forgot to put this in my first paragraph of this thread, but I used to smoke Marlboro cigarettes like nothing...I'm talking at least a pack a day, sometimes more. So I said to myself, "I want to try this hookah deal out and see if I can give up smoking cigarettes for good." Now I haven't had a cigarette in two days, but I'm about to go pack a bowl ahaha. But I feel really good, not having any of the effects of a smoker going cold turkey...must be due to the hookah. I really love this hookah a lot. I have a Mya Bambino and it's small but don't let the size fool you. It hits like a champ. One day I want to get a Syrian, since I am of Syrian decent... And Zen I will never forgive you for selling that Syrian hookah you infidel!!! ....JUST KIDDING!!!!
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Thanks to everyone for replying. The reason why I'm asking this is...I actually forgot to put this in my first paragraph of this thread, but I used to smoke Marlboro cigarettes like nothing...I'm talking at least a pack a day, sometimes more. So I said to myself, "I want to try this hookah deal out and see if I can give up smoking cigarettes for good." Now I haven't had a cigarette in two days, but I'm about to go pack a bowl ahaha. But I feel really good, not having any of the effects of a smoker going cold turkey...must be due to the hookah. I really love this hookah a lot. I have a Mya Bambino and it's small but don't let the size fool you. It hits like a champ. One day I want to get a Syrian, since I am of Syrian decent... And Zen I will never forgive you for selling that Syrian hookah you infidel!!! ....JUST KIDDING!!!!
Great job on quitting cigs!
Keep on smoking that bambino man!
never go back to cigs!
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Yes sir man, that's my plan. Hookah is so great, I think it's my new addiction, ha! But I'm enjoying some Romman Double Apple right at the moment and mmm mmmm very nice aha! Everyone was complaining about the Al Fakher but I have Golden Strawberry and I personally LOVE it.
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

Typically I smoke 3 bowls a day, if I have company.....we may smoke up for 4 or 5
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

from what i have seen people saying they were able to switch over to hookah then after a while they just lost the whole jonesing they would have when they needed a cig, they still want hookah but not the whole freaking out about to kill something.

if you just quit a pack a day habit you could probably be ok with 2-4 hours of hookah a day. i would just go with the if you want it do it for a while and see how that is, you will still probably save money by doing that compared to cigs.

when im smoking regularly ill do 1-3 bowls a week with friends (not having one of my own), once i get mine i know there will be a good week with 7-10 bowls in it then probably go down to 1-4 a week probably averaging around 2 but we will see
-matt
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Shoulda jumped on that shit man!

And Congratulations on quitting those stinky chemical ridden sticks of doom.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

usually one bowl a day tops myself. usually four times a week, but if theres a party i'll smoke three or four in an evening.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

im cutting down to less than 1 bowl a day. its getting to be too much
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook