Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Stargate

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 30th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Stargate

Does anyone else think that Stargate that nazarhookah.com has is sexy!!!!! That thing is really growing on me. I know KK has one and loves it but does anyone else have an opinion on it? I love the look of the traditionals but that stargate looks like a space gun to me LOL I am seriously considering it, wish I had the spare cash for it before the free shipping deal runs out tomorrow, but I am honestly torn between that one and the Khalil Mamoon's. I love my QT but I want a larger hookah as well.

Billy
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Stargate

You know my opinion on this ... KM! (Sorry Stargate...even though you look like something outta The Fifth Element!)

And as far as loving the QT, I didn't ... it was my first hookah though. During my ownership of the QT, I got offered a small egyptian (for $20 bucks), a deal I couldn't pass up, and that little $20 hookah became my main hookah. Was a little bit better of a smoke, but the big plus was that it was definitely far easier to clean (IMO).

... A few months later, after I did some research, I made the decision and bought my KM and it has been love ever since!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Not trying to knock Nazar's wares... just sharing with you that the Stargate reputation has been very spotty.

There are Stargates.... Stargate Knock-offs and knock-offs of knock-offs.......

The most reported flaw was a rusted out downstem where it screws in and seperation of the acrylic on the vase. Rust outs were complained about the most... these were reported around 3 months to 1 year of ownership.

I never went for one myself..... so no first hand problems.
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

really great hookah! but yes there are problems. the acrylic strips off where you screw the stem and base. this happens slowly over time (well for me it did). until finally you cant screw the base on. there wasnt any rusting though. if the acrylic problem was fixed and i think it is with the new glass bases, this would be the AK-47 of hookahs. tough look, heavy duty, easy to clean.
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i have one laying around in my parents house. I don't really use it ever. I just wasn't a real fan, the vase was a pain to get the water level right, it would always bubble into the hose (i had one from a real long time ago, when taqseem just started getting them made)
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:22 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
i have one laying around in my parents house. I don't really use it ever. I just wasn't a real fan, the vase was a pain to get the water level right, it would always bubble into the hose (i had one from a real long time ago, when taqseem just started getting them made)
filling the base with water can be a problem. i created a fail proof method though using a bottle of smart water, i would fill it up all the way, dump that in, then i would fill up the bottle again but to the UPC code at the bottom and then add that. so as you can tell, unless you have a way to measure how much it needs, it can take a while figuring it out. my KM on the otherhand, its a glass vase so i can easily guage the amount by eyesight.
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

I was looking at the one John sells and he talked me out of it. Not a quality hookah form what I have read up as well. I really like the looks of the one with the skulls on it, but don't think I will be getting it to smoke out of only for decoration.
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

me skulls.....nuff said
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoohoodillyo View Post
I was looking at the one John sells and he talked me out of it. Not a quality hookah form what I have read up as well. I really like the looks of the one with the skulls on it, but don't think I will be getting it to smoke out of only for decoration.
when i had mine, i liked it. it functions, looks good, easy to clean, and its sturdy but there are design set-backs which hold it back: the acrylic base strips off, hard to gauge the water level, and from what others are saying, it rusts. mine started to show signs of rusting but not too bad.
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Dang resurected this post from a year ago LOL I got the Stargate in Dec and sold it in January....just wasnt my cup of tea. Didnt look like it would hold up at all.
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:11 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

lol- I love mine. Had mine for almost 2 years now? And still going strong... still my main smoke. My fiance actually got mad at me the other day because i wasn't using my new one i got for x-mas.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Dang, this post was old lol. I like the way they look as well. I wonder how KK got a pro one :P. If I do order one in the future I hope I get one that is on the same general level as KK's. I like nazarhookah.com, probably my favorite vendor too. It is almost like it was meant to be :P
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook