Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cleaning breakthrough

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Cleaning breakthrough

Cleaning a narghile has always been a huge pain and frankly the selection of tools to help with the task are lousy. I have never gotten a decent brush from anyplace that sells shisha related stuff. I did however get turned on to the Justman Brush company which makes very high quality nylon brushes that are perfect for cleaning my rigs. Specifically I recomend this range: http://www.justmanbrush.com/catalog/...ems/browse.asp For most rigs what you want are the 3/8" and 1/2" varients with the 24" or 30" handles. The 1/4" models are great for cleaning inlet holes and Syrian style smoke chambers.

The other great thing I came upon is something called Force Out Odor Eliminator which is a cleaning fluid. I just dip the brush in it, run it through the stem a few times, repeat twice and no smell of smoke whatsoever. No prolonged soak or continous scrubing with baking soda/lemon/vinegar. A clean, smell free stem in 3 minutes. What could be better.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: Cleaning breakthrough

oh wow this is great i will deff get myself a set soon i told john the ones he gave me with my hookah broke after the second wash.. soo i need a decent cleaning brush..
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

I will have to check those out....
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I'd like to see vendors sell decent brushes for a change. The Justman brushes are great but they would need to be offered as a set since people have different sized main-stem diameters. I would think that the 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" should do the trick and they all should have a 30"-36" handles. Obviously some people will need other sizes but those 3 take care of everything in my collection and even my inlet holes on my Syrians so that should do it for most people.
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Bender222
Hookah Newbie

a quick google search turned up a very nice anti-odor product alled pureayre. it is said to work great and it is all natural and doesnt leave any residue. I might just give it a try. it would definately make cleaning alot esier.
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Gryphon
Hookah Nut

For brushes, I picked up a $10 generic gun cleaning kit from Walmart. It came with brushes to cover everything from .22 to .50, with 4 8 inch extension rods. The bristles are soft brass and I haven't had any issues with scratching.
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Ya ...

I use an ar-15 cleaning rod with a .45 Cal nylon bristle brush....... sometimes I use a " rag jag" when I cant find the brush.

Im going to have to look into this odor killer stuff .
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i use an old brush, and put baking soda all over it, then clean with it, the baking soda completely neutralizes the odor.
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

hmm just thought about the camel back cleaning kit i have sitting around, not sure if it would work but i will have to look.

thanks for the info
-matt
Old August 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

I also use my 40 cal gun cleaning kit, and it makes the inside of my stem look better then new. The kits are cheap and very effective, just go through each end of the stem twice and smoothly so as not to cause any harm to the stem and you should be good to go.
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

are most gun cleaning kits wire brushes or are they hard plastic? i havent dont a lot with firearms yet so i dont really now.

-matt
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Rifle cleaning kits can be great tools for cleaning a narhgile. However, they are more expensive the brushes I mentioned so if you don't have a rifle cleaning kit I'd suggest that you check out the Justman brushes I mentioned because they perfectly fit any KM or Syrian that is out on the market and are seemingly very durable.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook