Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Al Fakhers reponce to the new cut of tobacco

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 7th, 2008, 06:24 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Al Fakhers reponce to the new cut of tobacco

how long is everyone having to air their stuff out that is having these issues? tangiers long or shorter?
-matt
Old August 7th, 2008, 11:30 AM
mdl
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonman586 View Post
Your theory fails to an extent. I got a few twigs in both of my tubs of the new af cut. But the grape after airing out smells great. And so does the watermelon.
Fair enough. Just trying to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why one of the largest hookah tobacco manufacturers would make what seems to be a very noticeable change to their product.
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Airing out did nothing for my AF grape except make my house smell like rancid grapes. And now I am finding the watermelon is having issues. The tub we just received is leaving a funky aftertaste. It's a good thing this is a big industry, it's making it so much easier to dump AF completely.
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

smoking grape now. I absolutey hate the cut but it does taste normal
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
zumicroom
Hookah Newbie

i figured all this "new AF cut" hoopla was a bit overblown until i got some myself. just got a pile of 50g samples from HC and all the al fakher i got is from april 08 and it is worse than i expected. the cut is really really fine. they all smell great (including grape) and the coconut i'm smoking now tastes fine--but that throat tickle on the exhale is something i'm not easily going to be able to ignore. oh well. i guess ill experiment a bit with different bowls and packs and see if i can get something that works.
Old August 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Some of the new stuff is peachy - the Vanilla is breathtaking. The peach doesn't have the tickle, but unless I put it in the Vortex... LOL - my hookah looks like it's bleeding (the juice heats up and drips out the bowl, thru the ashtray and down the outside of the stem). Watermelon is giving me issues - even overpacking as Jilly suggested doesn't ease the tickle to fully smoke it. Makes it better, but not easy. *sigh* Just ordered a 5 pack of Golden flavors - I'm praying to the Hookah Gods that they are fine. I liked that Golden Grape and Rose.
Old August 8th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i just pack it pretty tight in the tangiers small phunnel. seems to work ok for me
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

So is March '08 the date of Danger? That is to say, when Af changed up their product?
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
badjuju
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to badjuju

I dont know. Samii and I order some stuff so it should be here soon. I am waitng to see since it is the golden Line. the grap stuff that samii got and we smoked was not too bad but it was not what it used to be. i was there when she got the bad batch. Oh man it was realllly bad.
Old August 13th, 2008, 03:55 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Yh i got some from the march 08 batch and some is awful, totally awful, dont get me wrong i love the AF stuff and is still the only product i buy n smoke and have for like 2 or 3 years now, but the March 08 stuff i got had weird smells to the Mango, grape, Golden Grape, Apricot, Bublegum and peach so now got like 3 kilos going to waste cos when i stock up i buy loads of them
The Plum so far is fine, cola is ok, grandaine is ok, watermelon is fine,

This is from the march 08 batch so far, when i get my next lot if its a different production date il let u know how it is

mango btw smells so bad i had to chuck the stuff away
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Yh i got some from the march 08 batch and some is awful, totally awful, dont get me wrong i love the AF stuff and is still the only product i buy n smoke and have for like 2 or 3 years now, but the March 08 stuff i got had weird smells to the Mango, grape, Golden Grape, Apricot, Bublegum and peach so now got like 3 kilos going to waste cos when i stock up i buy loads of them
The Plum so far is fine, cola is ok, grandaine is ok, watermelon is fine,

This is from the march 08 batch so far, when i get my next lot if its a different production date il let u know how it is

mango btw smells so bad i had to chuck the stuff away
whatever you don't want let me know and i'll pay shipping lol. I have AF bubblegum, peach, and apricot from March 08 and its all good

Old August 13th, 2008, 04:15 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

your so lucky, my peach and apricot escipally has a nasty chemically smell, im in the uk, so P+P would be quiet a lot but if you still want my grape and Apricot lemme know and l send you a quote of how much its gonna b, but it will be cheaper u getting it urself from the states then me posting it to u
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
your so lucky, my peach and apricot escipally has a nasty chemically smell, im in the uk, so P+P would be quiet a lot but if you still want my grape and Apricot lemme know and l send you a quote of how much its gonna b, but it will be cheaper u getting it urself from the states then me posting it to u
lol yeah, probably would be cheaper. Thanks anyway

Old August 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

mite let the stuff ir for a day or 2 and c if the smell goes hopefully it does cos i paid a lot for it to b shipped from the states and cant even enjoy it like i used to
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

the 50 gram of grape i got was pretty bad, i think the " ketchup" is over kill on the word to use but yes it has that smell, i aired it out for like 4-5 hours yesterday and its better, still smells bad but better, o well i got a bunch of other stuff to smoke and the jan 08 apple and watermellon are ok and the nov 07 coconut seems ok (dont have much to go on since it was the first af i got) but over all i can see that its not what it used to be.

guess i need to see if i can pack tangiers right with my phunnel to night and then might just have to stick with that and SB

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook