Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Porta-Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 31st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Porta-Hookah

I was talking to a couple of people from the club and I heard about something pretty weird called the Porta-Hookah which it seems has some sort of collapsible metal bottle that serves as the base. Supposedly some Canadian firm is going to be marketing it. I'm not sure if it's just a collapsible metal base or a whole system. No idea if it's any good but it's odd that this whole mobile thing is so big now. Anyone heard about this thing? A little time on google turned up nothing for me.
Old August 1st, 2007, 06:54 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Porta-Hookah

Collaspible metal base? Sounds strange. I wonder how they expect that to work... well, I can sorta things, but still. Interesting concept. I would love to see this thing, just for the novlity of seeing one.
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:06 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, portability is nice. I find myself bringing my hookah with me to different peoples houses all the time. It was a lot easier with one of my mini blue Egyptians, I could fit one in a backpack no problem ... but carrying around the KM worries me at times. I just hope I never drop it or something! Eek!

I'd like to take a look at this porta-hookah

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:22 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It seems that the base collapses like camping cup or telescope and has some sort of rubber/plastic/nylon lining that seals the joints when you twist it. I used to have some camping gear with that sort of set up and it worked great.

I to would like to actually see the thing but so such luck yet
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4116204.html

I didnt care to sign up to view the PDF images.... im done givin out my email addy...

but if you are curious enough.....
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

This evening the guy that had the telescoping rig showed up at the home tonight with my chum Attif in tow. I've got say it is truely portable although the item I saw tonight was made entirely from pyrex rather then stainless steel. It did actually hold water although I did not get a chance to try it out as the top is oddly sized and needs a special bowl which the inventor did not have.

He said it'll be marketed as the "porta-shisha ultra" I have no idea if the thing will work well but he claims it will in production by Christmas with sales starting Canada and latter in the states.

Thanks for the patent thing Lake. I wonder if this would be inventor will run afoul of the IP law?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
hobohookah
Vendor

I did a little research a while back on hookahs (for the HoboHookah), and I have seen this before in the patent office. The patent was issued back in 1970's, so it should be long since expired. Anyone should be able to produce these, who thinks that its worth while.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:55 AM
GixxerGirl
Hookah Newbie

that sounds pretty interesting...i wonder if it will fit in a cupholder?? not that i really want to smoke and drive or anything cuz then you have the coals to deal with. but for some reason when i think portable, i think car. that would be nice.
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well, when I saw it recently the guy that built it claims it fits into a car cup holder and he also says he has a cover for it that will regulate heat better then the standard covered bowls but I have no idea how well it will work in practice.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook