Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

lack of clouds

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 7th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

Question lack of clouds

ok so ive have a hafa km for a while now when i first got it it produced extreme clouds but lately either the smoke is to damn strong or there's just average smoke wtf am i doing wrong?

my set up is

a hafa km

a nammor hose

exotica coals

normal egyptian bowl

what do you guys do to get rly big clouds without harse taste
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:01 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23
Default Re: lack of clouds

What kind of tobacco?
See if there is a leak in your hose.
If there is not, check your hookah.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

i alwayz use AF ....and the only leak i have is where the base meets the stem air alwayz comes out
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:16 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louayy View Post
i alwayz use AF ....and the only leak i have is where the base meets the stem air alwayz comes out
Wrap a piece of wet paper towel around the vase grommet and that should fix the leak.

BTW, how high do you pack the tobacco? And how many coals do you use?
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

i suck at packing sometimes its to much sometimes there's not enough
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:33 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Here's some good "how-to" videos on how to set-up da hookah and pack the bowl:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/vbtub...tube&tubeid=77

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/vbtub...=tube&tubeid=1
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

thanks guys !!!
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:29 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

get a phunnel...
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

farbeyondriven, an hp member here, has posted some videos on hoe to do a good setup you may want to view. maybe he can chime in and link those vids.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

Try leaving a 1/2 inch gap between the shisha and the bowls rim. Try using two layers of foil and put a screen on top of that. Make sure you are putting your stem (if you can fit it) into the freezer or somewhere cold and put lots of ice in the base. And don't pack the shisha in the bowl, just lightly sprinkel it in. With a large bowl try 1/2 a stick (Cut into two pieces) on the out side rim of the bowl but make sure the coals are ashed real good, if you don't let them have enough time to prep that could cause problems. For sure look at the videos here on the forum and check out you tube, sambooka has a lot of good videos as well. Hope this helps.
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

Quote:
thats the problem right there.. generally you want to pack your tobacco just barely up to the rim of the bowl. remember to sprinkle the shisha lightly and make it fluffy to assure good air flow. then wrap your foil shiny side down nice and tight over your bowl poke your holes and then blow through the bottom of the bowl with your hand in front of it to make sure theres airflow in the bowl. if your using quicklights on a standard egyptian bowl you should be good with one if you have the normal sized qls. if you have the 33mm then use two on the outer edges. use two to three coals if you are using natural coals such as coconaras, exoticas... remember to rotate your coals every soo often and all ways keep your coals on the outer rim of the bowl.
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yeah you need to watch lots of vids.. of people from HP that know how to really pack a bowl.. and read guides on the forums to make ur bowl perfect.. so that your smoke is nice and thick..
Old August 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Robox
Hookah Newbie

Also, if you feel really ambitious with the air leaking out around the grommet, Try taking the grommet off and wrapping a few layers of electrical tape around the stem where the grommet goes. then put the grommet back on and it should be tighter. I had that problem with my last hookah. It's a good fix for a few weeks. eventually the tape will slip and you'll have to redo it.
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
farbeyondriven, an hp member here, has posted some videos on hoe to do a good setup you may want to view. maybe he can chime in and link those vids.
Thanks for the credit John, you are the man. However, my videos will not help this fellow because his setup is entirely different. I have a Vortex and he is rolling with an Egyptian. Anyways, these are a few questions I was thinking:

How many coals are you using?
Are they cut at a decent size?
Are they placed on the outer edges of the bowl?
Do you use a windscreen?

I saw someone had asked you about packing the bowl, that won't necessarily kill your smoke my friend. The main thing is just be sure and don't pack it too tightly. If you pack too tightly, you won't have efficient airflow and then of course you would have to understand the coals touching the tobacco, therefor harsh smoke. Take your time and don't take hit after hit constantly, you'll burn that shisha everytime with the bowl you are using. Another thing of importance is the holes. If you don't poke holes to get efficient airflow, that CAN hurt your smoke. I tried an option to get big smoke but the smoke wound up going harsh because I didn't have enough airflow, EVEN WITH THE VORTEX! Here is my advice:

1) Pack your bowl but not too much, not too little. Leave enough space between the lip of the bowl and the shisha.
2) Poke your holes but not too big, and place your hand on the foil and blow at the end and then suck and blow again. You should feel pressure and that will tell you how efficient your airflow is.
3) Make sure your hookah is setup airtight. This is very vital. You should try what Jilly mentioned above with the wet paper towel around your base.
4) Use enough coal, but not too much. If it starts to get harsh, this means the coals are generating lots of heat and you need to take the coals off IMMEDIATELY and let your bowl cool down. Clear the chamber as soon as you take off the coals. Wait a minute or two before putting the coals back on so that your bowl can cool.
5) Aside from part 4, try using less coal and see how you come out.

In my honest opinion, I think you are packing your bowl too tight, perhaps maybe you have too much coal, and you are constantly taking deep hits. Those are the most important factors to look at with your setup because it can roast that shisha pretty easily. I'm just a noobie, but you would be surprised at how vital those factors are. Take those factors into account and try again. Don't give up hope my friend, your problems can most definitely be resolved; I assure you of that! I hope this helps

HUGE NOTE: I used to get harsh smoke all the time with my stock Mya bowl, then I bought a Vortex and that problem is now obsolete. (Aside from the one time when I didn't poke the holes right to get enough airflow) Try what I mentioned above and if the smoke is still going harsh, try a different bowl like a Tangier's Phunnel or the Vortex from Sahara Smoke.

Salaam

Last edited by FarBeyondDriven; August 8th, 2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM
ArgilaLeb
Hookah Nut

Just make sure there is good airflow within the bowl. keep the tobacco loose and if you use a regular bowl make sure the center hole is not blocked, that helps. Also, as others have mentioned, making your setup airtight would help as well.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook