Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah/Cigarette Smoking

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 11th, 2008, 01:38 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Angry Hookah/Cigarette Smoking

Hi guys, as most of you know, I have been smoking hookah only for a short while now. To be precise, it has been 1 week and 6 days. Well guess what the flip is up? I ran out of flippin' coals! So check this...I was needing a smoke badly coming off of cigarettes which was not an easy task, mind you. So I give in and run to the store for a pack of Camel Lights (I usually smoke Marlboro's but what the hell). I light one up and UGH!!! It tastes HORRIBLE! I am sitting here after having a cigarette and I can honestly say that I don't miss cigarettes AT ALL! I will NEVER let this happen again! I shall keep my hookah coal stock at great levels to prevent this from ever happening again. Has this ever happened to you guys?

NOTE: I ordered 2 kilos of coals and lots of Nakhla shisha, but it will be Thursday until I receive it
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Falhini
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Falhini
Default Re: Hookah/Cigarette Smoking

I know what you mean. I was smoking some SB margarita out of my friends new hookah and i lit up a Marlboro Red 100 after hookah and it was disgusting. I only smoke cigarettes on occasion but since i started smoking hookah i can't really stand ciggs.
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM
heilmikaal
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to heilmikaal

hookah seems to be a great way to move cigarette smokers away from cigarettes.
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:51 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Hah yes this has happened!

I wanted to smoke at school during my break (I was bored and my next class didn't start for 1 hour and 1/2), but I didn't have my hookah with me so I bought a pack of menthol Marlboros.

Ugh it tasted nasty but after one cig, I wanted to smoke again. So, I did sort of an experiment and I realized that I wanted a cig all the time after the first time!

I didn't smoke hookah for those few days and I'm like "ugh forget it! I wanna go back to hookah!"

I smoke a bowl and I never wanted to look at cigs ever again. Since that time, I have never bought a pack of cigs ever again. I noticed I've never had as many cravings for a smoke for hookah as I did with cigs. Never going down that rode ever again. Besides...Cigs taste awful compared to hookah.

Gotta love the hookah
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Falhini
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Falhini

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilmikaal View Post
hookah seems to be a great way to move cigarette smokers away from cigarettes.
When i was smoking hookah everyday i would go a week or so before i even realized i hadn't had a cigarette in a while.
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:56 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Agreed. I have been smokng hookah for a little while now, and was out at a club sat night and lite up a camel light. Not only did it taste terrible, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. It took some time today to sweat out that crap and can say that hookah has helped me to stop smoking cigs as much for better or worse.
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

WOW guys, that's exactly what I was trying to point out. And you guys might know I used to smoke about 2 packs of Marlboro's a day, and now I can't stand cigarettes at all. That's a great thing. Hookah smoking WILL in fact stop you from smoking cigarettes if you want to stop. But yes, this charcoal/shisha stock will stay monitored . Also Jilly, you experienced what I'm going through right now LOL. And I noticed another thing...after I smoke hookah, I feel great. You ever notice how you smoke a cigarette and you never want to do anything? I don't ever get like that with hookah unless what I smoke in the hookah makes me sick (which rarely happens, if so it is most likely because I smoked too many bowls ) My finish, HOOKAH FTW!!!!
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I stopped smoking cigarettes 12/04/06. I put them down and never smoked another. I decided to try hookah late June of 2007. I wish I had started smoking hookah instead of cigs. My friend that smoked with me the other day knew little or nothing about hookah. He was amazed at the flavor choices. Really if you think about it cigs have very little flavor at all and are harsh, why bother?! LOL
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Really if you think about it cigs have very little flavor at all and are harsh, why bother?! LOL
AMEN!!!! That's actually the first thing I noticed when I smoked the first cig from the box. I said to myself "Ugh! It tastes harsh!" I almost choked and I used to smoke 2 packs a day. Bottom line, smoke hookah and never look back...
Old August 11th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

That is why I have a few safety coals, nothing like wanting a smoke and there is no shisha or coals, and odds are you won't be able to borrow that from the neighbor.
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
lovellhookah
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I used to smoke Kretek cigarettes (Djarum Blacks) and Salem Black Labels. I came back from a nice hookah session and I could not stand the taste and texture of the smoke. Seriously, I only smoked half of one, then threw it out, which really upset me cause those cigs are $5.50 a pack. Rip off.

But yeah, I think if I started smoking hookah before cigarettes then i would have never started smoking them.
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
kryptic
Hookah Newbie

Smoking hookah really did help a lot. I remember when I stopped cold turkey and I didn't have a cig or 2 weeks and then I bumed Marbolo Red off a friend because I didn't get a chance to light up a hookah before class. And the cig FLOORED me. I walked into class and I have never felt like the way I felt when I smoked that. I had to go sit in the lounge for 5 mintues before I was back to normal. I went from smoking 15-20 cigs a day and now if I have one I smoke half and give it away. The taste sucks, I'd rather wait and go home and have my hookah.
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I stopped smoking cigarettes after high school because it was no longer cool.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM
mix_tape
Hookah Newbie

I'm a drinker and smoker but at times I find it soothing it have one coming home from work. After getting more into Hookah I've realized cigs taste horrible but I still enjoy the odd primetime but I'm trying to stick to hookah far more enjoyable.
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

haha same deal here.. im still a ciggarette smoker when im out and not at home to smoke my hookah.. but like i smoke a cigarette after hookah few times and it sucks.. i smoke Newports also.. ha.. i did cut down a crap load because of hookah though.
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Magikwyrkz4u
Hookah Nut

Same story here...when I first started really seriously smoking hookah, I would do both....smoke cigs and hookah....however, I gradually tapered off because I didn't like how it tasted when compared to the hookah. So now, I am completely off cigs and only some hookah.....glad I changed my habit. Long live hookah!
Old August 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

yep know what you mean but lights in general taste like cardboard, especially camels

-matt
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Juno
Banned

This is a question to anyone who smokes Marlboro cigarettes:

Why? They taste like the bottom of the as(s)tray. They make me cry.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
This is a question to anyone who smokes Marlboro cigarettes:

Why? They taste like the bottom of the as(s)tray. They make me cry.
Juno, I used to smoke 2 packs of those a day. The shorts, not 100's. Ever since I took the first hit on the hookah, I knew I didn't want the Marlboro's anymore. It just sucks that I am out of charcoal . As for the cigs making you cry, man up son
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Juno
Banned

Hahahaha.

Go out and buy some, then.
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
kingboyb
Banned

F-That Noize on Marlboro reds, they don't call them "Cowboy Killers" for nothing...
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:29 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

True there kingboyb, but you know one thing? They are a waste of money and taste like kharra, so when my coals get here I shall keep my stock up because this is absolute TORTURE! Hookah > any cigarette or cigar.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook