Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New to hookah, seeking help.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Exs
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation New to hookah, seeking help.

Hi, im new to the hookahpro forums and am excited to be a member. My friend recently bought a hookah and as soon as i tried it i knew i had to have one. First off i was wondering wut the average price was for a 4 hose hookah. also i was wondering what the best kinds of coal are and what are the best flavor combos?
Old August 12th, 2008, 01:56 AM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: New to hookah, seeking help.

i would go with coconara coals, they last very long and ash very little. you can read a lot about them on the boards. also, can i ask why you want a 4 hose? just curious.
Old August 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Rafi18
Hookah Nut

depends...you can find some for 50 or less and you can find them fro 100 and more depends on where u look and who u order from

but idk about all the different brands so that might be better for someone else to answerre more detailed...there's KM and otheres out there
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:58 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

The queen rotator hookah. It's cheap and it works. Not the greatest but works. You can find them for about 70 ish?

I'd probably go w/ a three or 2 hose, especially if you only have 4 people smoking.

coals, exoticas and coconara's are your best bet.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:32 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

ive got a mya 3 hose that smokes really well, but it putme back like 170 so dont now if its 2 expensive,
coconaras or exoticas like others have mentioned are really good
also i prefer AF Shisha to most others, and mixing mint with anything usually makes it nice
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
badjuju
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to badjuju

For the flavor combos, I like rose with a little mint or peach . If you add rose peach and Vanilla that is good too.
Old August 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

Four hose hookah's are expensive if you are going to be smoking most often alone. I suggest trying all the vendors we have vendor discount codes for, this way you can get a little cheaper too. For your first hookah, just look into a cheaper one to practice on, then after a while you can upgrade, just an idea though, get what feels right. Happy smoking.
Old August 12th, 2008, 01:29 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

a lot of the myas IIRC have it set up with plugs that you swap hose ports for so its a good option if you want to have the ability for 4 hoses.

honestly though unless you have 3 friends that smoke hookah a lot one hose per person in pointless, ill smoke with a friend that smokes a decent amount like i do and we sit there and puff away but i have some other friends come over and 3 of them smoke a little then after that not so much.

exoticas and cocnaras are naturals and are pretty good but do take a little more work to use, worth it to me. for QLs golden and 3 kings are preferred by most

i would suggest paying a little more to get a good set up than getting an ok one that you wont be as happy with, shop around and talk to people that have the one your looking at, reviews on like are pointless for the most part you need to sit down with a well mannered person and ask their true opinion

flavor combos, what ever you want, hookah-shisha.com just put up a 10 flavors every one should have in their blog, interesting read and lists a lot of god mixes in it.

for simple mixes though i like jasmine/rose and strawberry/lemon, not sure what the %s were of each cause it was always at a lounge, but a good lounge will tell you their mixes probably (my local one will let you know exactly what is in it and how much of each)

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook