Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Problems.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 16th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Quade
Hookah Newbie

Default Problems.

Hello everyone.
Im new to the whole hookah thing. My hookah is 2weeks old. Its nothing special, just a plain small 1 hose hookah with standar bowl.

Here are my problems..my hookah did not come with any cleaning brushes, so it has not had a super great cleaning yet. I do wash everything down, after every bowl. (all 5 of them). But, it seems that no matter what flavor Im smoking it all tastes the same. I can taste subtle hints of flavor. But Im thinking they should be stronger.

The second problem is my hose. Tonight I was smoking some watermellon. On some of my deeper hits, I was getting black flecks in my mouth. Also, it tasted like I was sucking air out of a bike tire. A real plastic / rubber taste. So Just to see where the problem was, I took a hit from the hookah, with no hose. No black flecks, no rubber taste and no major head rush.

So I sucked air through the hose alone. So much crap came out.
and when I blew air thru it onto my finger, my finger turned black.

Whats going on...

Thanks.
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:25 AM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Problems.

Hey Quade, you got a bad hose!!! Usually hoses will rust if they get water on the inside of them and some how its been exposed to some water. Once this happens the hose no es bueno, no matter what. Just go online and order a new hose, and make sure its washable. Washable hoses can handle running water through them for a cleaning and not rust. I suggest a nammor or razan, they'll make your hookah hit clean and phat.
I'd try to return your hose to the shop you got it from, unless you got water in it yourself.
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:41 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

many hoses low end hoses are lined w/ card board and other nonwashable materials, so when water is run through them they can break down ,making for a nasty smoke.Grab yourself a new hose. As was stated above, nammor and razan are great hoses, but you can get a decent hose that should do you fine for afew bucks less. Washable is always a prefference, but if thats not an option, you can clean non washable hoses by blowing them out w/compressed air ala an air compressor.
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=486

If you are just going for functionality this is a great buy.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Quade
Hookah Newbie

Thanks everyone. I was looking at the Razan hose last week. Sweet I guess I have to get it now.
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:46 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i have the namors and daaaaaaaammn its the best smoking hose ive ever used, and the plastic thing wet away realy quick with some lemon juice (and i burned some shisha the first bowl so it got a little extra flavor but nothing major)

to at least wipe it our you can get a hanger, bend it straight and push little wads of paper towel through, it will at least get the juices mostly out, its how i dry my stem and even after water and lemon juice and scrubbing i still get a little juice color on the paper towel

-matt
Old August 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

Have you been washing your hose, and is your hose washable? I had a hose like this and it was not washable, and I washed it anyways, I to had black flakes, I don't use that one anymore. Once you get the cleaning brushes the flavor will come back, it just needs a good scrub.
Old August 25th, 2008, 08:08 AM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

I was after 2 lines of reading thinking it must be your hose and as you say ,it is.ould be that once you either washed it and it got rusted or added too much water and sucked up into it a bit of water. You are best off chucking out that hose. Cut off the connecter side and the mouth-piece, go to a hardware store and buy some pvc clear or coloured tubing as long as you want. Keep in mind that the pvc is not as flexible as a regular hose and can flip over an un-anchored hookah. But its good if you want a long hose that can be washed endlessly.Order a new hose. When you go to attach the mouthpiece and holder heat lightly the ends of the pvc tube stick the mouthpiece and wait for it to cool and contract a perfect fit!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook