Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What to buy?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 20th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Ragnyl
Hookah Newbie

Default What to buy?

Here goes my first post! Ok. I'm a hookah noob that would really appreciate some advice on what my first hookah setup should be! My budget allows $110 give or take a little. So I guess my first question should be...Can I get a quality hookah smoking experience for that price? Anyway thanks ahead of time for any replies! Thanks for your time.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:32 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: What to buy?

that is more han enough to get a good rig, you came to the right place though there are tons of unsolicted views from HP members in the vendor review section, you should read up on that to choose who you should buy from, also, there is a great products review to help narrow down your search. just get reading and you'll most likely find what you are looking for, good luck
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:25 AM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

^

Buy from john, that guy will give you a RIDICULOUSLY good deal on anything you could possibly need. Personally i'd suggest either a vortex or phunnel (bowl), a nammor or Razan hose, and a 1 hoser mya bambino or QT (bambino comes in a more convinient case, I like the look of the QT base better though). It'll run you about 75-80, and you'll be creating huge clouds with ease.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:32 AM
Ragnyl
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the quick responses! Yeah from what I've read John is a great guy! So I will definitely be placing an order with him soon.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:40 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Hey man welcome to the forums! 110 bucks plenty. You can get yourself a real nice rig, such as a high end Mya, KM or MZ. I bought a 32" MZ for 80 bucks along with a box of coals. Look around John's site for awhile until you find a hookah that you really, really like. I'd actually suggest giving John a call instead of just ordering online.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:49 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

john has a syrian for 74.xx right now very nice deal or get the bambino for like 45 and spend the rest on shisha
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:53 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

You can't go wrong with ******* Hookah. Pick up one of his 26" brass syrians (which are on sale BTW!) and a razan hose. Add in the shipping and you'll still fall within your budget.

Or, forego the hose for now and buy lotsa shisha!

Old August 21st, 2008, 02:04 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

oh and dont forget coals i forgot to add in get coals may i suggest some of the brand new hot off the market ******* hookah coals they are made from crushed coconut shells and burn nicely with very little ash you will need the quick lites unless you have a stove that your willing to get all dirty... or go to walgreens and pick up that hot plate for 10 bucks lol
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:28 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I agree with everything above except for the suggestion to get a MYA Bambino. Unless you need to travel from place to place to smoke your hookah, get a bigger hookah.
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

What! lol more shisha 2 smoke ftw! just check out the phenom(then again he had a few upgrades) listen to them im still a noob at the whole thing, i took dunk's advice and im happy
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM
Ragnyl
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all the advice! Right now I'm leaning toward getting the 26" brass syrian since its on sale for such a good deal. So if I was to get that hookah would a razan hose be necessary?...or would the stock hose perform fine for now? Also how many sessions do you get out of a 250g tub of shisha?
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

the hose will be okay some people prefer diffrent things the 250g tub all depends on how often you smoke and how big your bowl is
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

stock hoses will always work, but once you smoke from one of the razan/namors you wont want to go back (i have 2 nammors and love the things)

250 can give you 5 sessions or it can give you 25 sessions, really depends on the bowl. i prefer the phunel bowls (i have a small i use all the time and get at least 2 hours if not 3+) out of it but it uses a decent amount of shisha. personally unless you have a flavor you know you like or you cant get it in a smaller size i wouldnt get the 250s right away, if you can find a good deal on the 50 or 100 gs like a sampler or what ever i would go with that. i bought a few 250s of flavors i never tried before and well, they are ok but not something i want to smoke all the time, and the frequency ive been smoking since i got my rig i got bored really quick.

i personally like the medium sized myas for a "cheaper" rig but they might be a little over that range for price.

-matt
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

if ur spalshing out on a new rig, i suggest getting the razan, cos i got a 3 hose mya hookah and only 1 razan at the mo, and we actually pass it around instead of smoking out of 1 of the stock hoses, it does make a hell of a difference.( i did order another 2 with my hookah but der forgot to put it in da box, and im waiting on delivery)

like a previous post on how many sessions it will last it all depends on the bowl, i got a large phunnel and 250 grams last for 4 sessions maxs, but thats a huge phunnel, out of a stock bowl i use bout 20-25 grams, so can have bout 10 sessions outta that one
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

I would go to *************.com and look at there syrians. John is having an awesome sale on those heavy duty hookahs, and he always will hook you up with a few extras for buying through him.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook