Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Coconare - Overhyped

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 29th, 2008, 11:58 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Re: Coconare - Overhyped

Thanks to Bungle for the tip. Generally speaking, hookah isn't exactly a "cheap" hobby to take up. However, it's like they always say, if you want the best you have to pay the price
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

My reasoning for never buying any CCN is simple. The bastards refuse to step foot here on HP and be active but they continue to suk up to the other forums. Let them rot. I have tried the ******* coals and think they are quite good. However I am still a fan of Exoticas and my AF/Akhla quicklights. If you love Cocos you should give the ******* cocos a try. If for no other reason to stop supporting those who could care less about HP. And besides you get quite a bit more coals in the CH boxes than you do in the CCN. That's enough angst ranting, happy smoking!
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:58 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
if anyone is curious about cost, here's the math. ******* natural coals with shipping cost 19 cents a piece. If you order coco naras from their site(cheapest), they're 21 cents a piece. If you order the 3x84pcs it comes out to 18 cents a piece. If you cut exoticas into 1/4's you get 100 pieces per box. From the sites I checked, a box shipped averaged around $17. That would make it 17 cents a piece.

******* Naturals: $0.19 pc.
CocoNara: $0.21 pc./$0.18 pc.(3x84pc. special)
Exotica: $0.17 pc.

Once you break it down, I don't see how people can complain about how "over priced" coco naras are.
but you have to also consiter how many coals you use per bowl. i can use 2 1/4s of exoticas but need 3 CCNs to get the same phunnel smoking the same

-matt
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:04 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

also, i spoke to eric at tangiers today. he weighed ccn package and it cam in at 700g, CH instant +1000g and nats 970g
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:09 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
but you have to also consiter how many coals you use per bowl. i can use 2 1/4s of exoticas but need 3 CCNs to get the same phunnel smoking the same

-matt
I use 2 CH Qls
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
also, i spoke to eric at tangiers today. he weighed ccn package and it cam in at 700g, CH instant +1000g and nats 970g
Well lets look...
CCN 84 pieces
CHC Nats 132 pieces
CHC QLs 108 pieces

Yeah I think theres a difference. Just over a half box difference in the naturals alone. And as with 1stGenRex I used 2 CHC QLs and it was just fine.
Old August 30th, 2008, 02:23 AM
James Lokaso
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to James Lokaso Send a message via MSN to James Lokaso Send a message via Yahoo to James Lokaso Send a message via Skype™ to James Lokaso

Yea i have the same problem i just finished smoking fumari PLUM and it had a weird taste to it like i couldent even hold in the smoke for long tasted really weird i actualy gotta say it tasted better when i put quick lights on!
Old August 30th, 2008, 03:42 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

I'll just go ahead and say what John can't say...

******* HOOKAH COALS > EVERYTHING ELSE

Honestly, this is unbiased if any confusion is brewing. I along with LOADS of HP members here support John at ******* Hookah for a good reason. He has the best products and best service and best quality in his products that I have ever encountered, and I'm sure other people can back me up on this. ******* Hookah coals are in my opinion the best coals on the market, so John isn't making this up to lure you in, I can assure you of that. CCN's are good, Exoticas I hear are very good from what I hear and priced well (I haven't tried them personally), but the ******* Hookah coals are absolutely fantastic. Try them and you won't regret it. Hopefully this clears up any confusion, and as for John being worried about breaking any HP rules...how can people be angry with what you said when it is the absolute truth?
Old August 30th, 2008, 04:59 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

i think you maths is a bit wrong with the exoticas, i can pick up a box from mnhookah for $8, so that works out to $0.08 per coal, and if you get the offer for 3 boxes for 20 bucks it like $0.06

but for the other coals great job, and like what someone else said we gotta take into consideration how many coals you use, and also for how long it burns, so if you want a properly estimate it would be quiet long and different for different ppl

Quote:
if anyone is curious about cost, here's the math. ******* natural coals with shipping cost 19 cents a piece. If you order coco naras from their site(cheapest), they're 21 cents a piece. If you order the 3x84pcs it comes out to 18 cents a piece. If you cut exoticas into 1/4's you get 100 pieces per box. From the sites I checked, a box shipped averaged around $17. That would make it 17 cents a piece.

******* Naturals: $0.19 pc.
CocoNara: $0.21 pc./$0.18 pc.(3x84pc. special)
Exotica: $0.17 pc.

Once you break it down, I don't see how people can complain about how "over priced" coco naras are.

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; August 30th, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old August 30th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

He's including shipping. I thought the Exotica price was way high too, then I reread the post.
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:21 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Is they a point in including shipping cos all the coals are gonna have to be shipped and weight is pretty much the same for all aint it?

And ive heard you can pick up exoticas from local shops for 10 bucks
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

There's a shop somewhere in California where I hear you can get them for $5 or 6 a box.
Old August 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to bash any of these coals here. I have been using all of them and some are straight up better than others IMO. Exoticas are good because of their ability to make custom sizes. ******* coals are good because they light fast and you get a lot of em. Coco naras are good because they barely ash and when they're small they output great heat. My only complaints about CH coals is they ash more than CCN's and output less heat towards the tail end(but the flavor is usually fading by then anyway so no big deal). So really, I just had to move/ash them more often than CCN's. For a small phunnel i'll use 2 pieces of any of the above coal and a wind cover for excellent smoke and flavor. I have only ordered from john the last however many times because his prices and service are excellent. hell, I don't even use the discount. FBD, you can't form an opinion on something if you haven't tried it . Kwikwi - I don't see Exotica on here and yet so many people praise them. I can't see not liking a product because the company doesn't go on a forum. Maybe other forums don't buy from john for the same reason? Also, It's great that the shipping is flat rate but if I just need coals it'll cost me almost $25. I think thats the reason why I have so much damn tobacco LOL...thanks john . So, what i'm trying to get at here is this. Whatever gets my bowl smoking, i'm gonna use. No need to bring hookah politics to the table. John is my favorite vendor and he really cares about his customers. I'm giving out samples to the hookah lounge once I get the box of QL's I ordered. The owners and I were discussing how bad QL's tasted and they will be blown away by these coals. Once again i'm not trying to bash john or anyone else here, just trying to show everyone what theyre getting for their money.

Old August 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Once again i'm not trying to bash john or anyone else here,
I don't think anyone who knows you here MrB thinks that and if they do they should spend a little more time here getting to know people.
Old August 30th, 2008, 11:34 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle
Once again i'm not trying to bash john or anyone else here,

I don't think anyone who knows you here MrB thinks that and if they do they should spend a little more time here getting to know people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
I know that about MrB, he is being very honest and the brought some good data to this thread. He has every right too. Also, he does spread his wealth to alot of vendors, including myself, so this is all fair game.
So Thanks MrB and the other guys who chimed in as well. I can't continue too much on the subject because obviously I am biased. Thanks for the feedback/praise guys.
Old August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Exoticas I hear are very good from what I hear
teeee heeeee

lol
________
essential vaaapp vaporizer

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old August 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
I use 2 CH Qls
I use 2 of the CH Nats and they last up to 50 minutes. They are considerably small too, about half the size of Qls.
Old August 31st, 2008, 06:34 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeags777 View Post
teeee heeeee

lol
ROFL...I always make a mistake in my big posts
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I would use Exoticas if they worked where I live, but for whatever reason, they absolutely do not in any way and havn't since the first batch almost a year ago. My Coconaras stay lit, 2 let off the perfect heat for most of my bowls (i agree 3 will scorch), they are not from trees (which are scientifically proven to be a vital part of human survival, and the coconut is not unfortunately).

I buy Coconaras mainly because that they are not much mroe expensive than Exoticas and they do not kill a tree, just a coconut. The Coconut coals from HookahCompany are 10 bucks, and last almost as long as 1/4 an Exotica, and are therefore better quality. It's like buying food from a grocery store compared to buying from Whole Foods Market.

Now that John's coconut coals are here, which i have not had the opportunity to try the nat's yet, I think Exoticas will finally be stomped away and die the slow death they deserve.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

zen where are you located?

im in va where its about as humid as it can get most of the year and even smoking out side at night i dont have issues

-matt
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
zen where are you located?

im in va where its about as humid as it can get most of the year and even smoking out side at night i dont have issues

-matt
im in the desert in utah, which is just about as dry as it can get.

I think because it is so dry here, charcoal, naturally, releases the humidity it has absorbed in a different climate while burning, which causes the cracks, splits, crumbling and dousing of the Exotica coal; they are not very dense, so they might have absorbed more moisture quickly then denser coals. Acclimating them did not seem to work though...

Last edited by ZenSilk; August 31st, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

hmm, did you try just leaving them out in the sun for a little while?

thats really weird i seemed to have the opposite problem with the CCNs going out but that could have been because i didnt flip them a whole lot and may have not heated them long enough
-matt
Old August 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
mbwanderski
Hookah Newbie

i really wana try those CH coals, gotta order me a batch after my Exoticas run out
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:52 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i think im going to have to place an order with CH to try these.

i figured out what i was doing wrong with the CCNs and admit they are nice coals but they like to break on me when they get small (had a nice sparkler effect earlier and got burns on the carpet past where my little carpet is), also got a little taste some times after fliping but they do give off good heat and last a good long time so i think they are ok want some more experiences with them before i say one way or teh other, and also get some of the CHs to compare)
-matt
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:12 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

John just take pride in the product that has your name and just say it in all confidence and truth - Chornic Hookah Coals are pieces of heaven and the best there is hahahaha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook