Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Miracle Berries

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: Miracle Berries

offer over! cant wait for these things to get here

Old August 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
lol good idea. ok so I want everyone to make a vid of them drinking a shot of pickle juice
pickle juice is tasty...
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

ok im eating everything in sight....nothing crazy yet. I had an IPA beer before and if you know, IPA's are pretty bitter....guess what, it was pretty sweet! next, fruit roll ups, it was too sweet lol. cool ranch doritos are pretty good. rummaging the fridge right now lol

Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Oh Man! Pickle juice yuck! I have a friend that when we used to go camping he would drink pickle juice out of the jar he brought. I hate pickles, so watching him drink that juice made me dry heave. LOL
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

don't u think it's risky to mess with ur sense of taste? what if there is a long term risk?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

The only long term risk I have found is that you become impotent.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

PM sent B
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
don't u think it's risky to mess with ur sense of taste? what if there is a long term risk?
straight from wikipedia:
Quote:
<H2></H2>Because miraculin is a protein, it cannot be cooked as, when heated, proteins denature and lose their potency.[3] Additionally, its effects might be considered dangerous as, though miraculin does change the perception of taste, it does not change the food's chemistry. Therefore, the mouth is still vulnerable to the high acidity of some foods, such as lemon juice, which may result in oral ulcers if eaten in large quantities
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
The only long term risk I have found is that you become impotent.

I've drunken a combination of Everclear and Jack Daniel's once. I lost my sense of taste for a few days. I know in the long term I'll get over it, but in the short term I would poop my pants and go crazy.
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

don't see the need of drinking vinegar or eating disgusting foods even if you are using this and you will most likely have trouble passing it later also, if you are using this to ease the taste of alcohol perhaps you should not drink, i think it's pretty worthless
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
deverlight
Hookah Newbie

Think it's kind of a for-fun thing. Or maybe to get kids to eat those vegetables that they dislike so much =)
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

Just got them today. I've smoked some lemon today with the berries and it still "tasted" like lemon in the sense that the aroma of the smoke outweighed the taste. It's OK for hookah, not worth $10 a package.

For food on the other hand, I have never laughed so hard. I am going to have a shit time in the bathroom tonight, no pun intended. I've eaten pickles, sauerkraut, red chili pepper sauce, 100% pomegranate juice, lime juice, kool aid, vinegar, yogurt, black licorice, parsley, lettuce, radish, salt cubes, A1 steaksauce, berrylimeade fruit punch, cooked steak.

Everything with a sour taste normally was extremely sweet. Salty things tasted the same, so the salt cube was still nasty. Vegetables with leaves tasted like leaves, while bitter vegetables tasted quite good.

I give it a 8/10 for overall usage. Probably 5/10 after the bathroom.
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznfamous View Post
Just got them today. I've smoked some lemon today with the berries and it still "tasted" like lemon in the sense that the aroma of the smoke outweighed the taste. It's OK for hookah, not worth $10 a package.

For food on the other hand, I have never laughed so hard. I am going to have a shit time in the bathroom tonight, no pun intended. I've eaten pickles, sauerkraut, red chili pepper sauce, 100% pomegranate juice, lime juice, kool aid, vinegar, yogurt, black licorice, parsley, lettuce, radish, salt cubes, A1 steaksauce, berrylimeade fruit punch, cooked steak.

Everything with a sour taste normally was extremely sweet. Salty things tasted the same, so the salt cube was still nasty. Vegetables with leaves tasted like leaves, while bitter vegetables tasted quite good.

I give it a 8/10 for overall usage. Probably 5/10 after the bathroom.
A perfect review. I love it. Hilarious.
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

hmmm this thing seems to be a good idea for a chuggin contest or something lol i just ordered mine lol
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

How would something that changes flavor be good for an activity in which you taste next to nothing? That would be a waste in my eyes.

The berries are good for foods that you actually want to taste and reflect upon.

also it only affects how the tongue registers sour/acidic food.
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM
aznfamous
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
How would something that changes flavor be good for an activity in which you taste next to nothing? That would be a waste in my eyes.

The berries are good for foods that you actually want to taste and reflect upon.

also it only affects how the tongue registers sour/acidic food.
In its defense, I must say there are a lot of foods with a significant amount of acidity. Your tongue senses bitter, salty, sour, sweet, and another taste of which does not matter. This fruit distorts and enhances 3/4 of the main tastes. I used this with food I normally eat and it made the experience more enticing. Sugars were marbled in my mouth, if that makes sense. Sweet things tasted so much better. I use lemon in my cooking as well as many bitter spices. Garlic for example isn't that great by itself or even when its cooked. I recieved a sweetened sensation in a garlic chicken dish I made. I really enjoyed it. Now instead of using the miracle fruit, I would add some sweet ingredient, may it be sugar or anything else for that matter, just so I could create a similar tasting dish.

On top of that I'm not a sweets kind of person, but this suited me well. I hope you get to try it once before you completely come to decision on it.
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

Quote:
I hope you get to try it once before you completely come to decision on it.

+1 there dont knock it till u try it thats like sayin you dont like speeding because its not the right thing to do and theres no point to going fast.
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:49 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
In its defense, I must say there are a lot of foods with a significant amount of acidity. Your tongue senses bitter, salty, sour, sweet, and another taste of which does not matter. This fruit distorts and enhances 3/4 of the main tastes. I used this with food I normally eat and it made the experience more enticing. Sugars were marbled in my mouth, if that makes sense. Sweet things tasted so much better. I use lemon in my cooking as well as many bitter spices. Garlic for example isn't that great by itself or even when its cooked. I recieved a sweetened sensation in a garlic chicken dish I made. I really enjoyed it. Now instead of using the miracle fruit, I would add some sweet ingredient, may it be sugar or anything else for that matter, just so I could create a similar tasting dish.

On top of that I'm not a sweets kind of person, but this suited me well. I hope you get to try it once before you completely come to decision on it.
I know the miracle fruit well. I love it. I was not questioning the validity of it I was pointing out that "chugging" anything would be foolish if you are trying to experience a new flavor. I can see how you misunderstood my statements out of context but I quoted the post I was referring to. Please read the whole post.

I understand that there are a lot of foods that have minor acid in them. Most actually that are not processed and are derived from a natural source. I was pointing out that if you were drinking something alcoholic (because that is what the post was about) most spirits would not see much change.

Also just to clarify the protein affects how your tongue registers acid. The reason bitter things change is because most "bitter" flavors have some association with or are accompanied by an acid.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook