Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookahs and Starbucks

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old August 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Hookahs and Starbucks

well i aint from new orleans but yea during mardi gras yes they arent affraid to but you have people walkin down the street that are sholder to sholder so they do riot patrol and take out the crowd. shreveport just dont care i have been broken into twice and the second time the cop didnt even care. if my truck was stolen they told me they wouldnt even try to find it and we are paying them to protect and serve more like take our money then maybe serve
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Hookah Newbie

When me and my cousins told my aunt what we did the previous night she kinda freaked a little and thought people used it for drugs too. my cousin had to explain it to her and then she was okay.

Last edited by BrainlessSmarty; August 30th, 2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: against forum rules.
Old August 30th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Wow what happened here was just complete stupidity from an uneducated fool. Good on you for being generous enough to simply put it away. If you had retaliated with foul language or anything more, it would have made it even more of a problem for you and your wife. But yes I must say I agree with everyone that is saying "Smoking is illegal at almost all places." You're right. It's like you have to leave Earth to have a smoke these days LOL. Have your coffee at Starbucks if you like that but smoke your hookah inside the privacy of your own home...then if you get the same person knocking on your door and telling you to stop, feel free to drop that fool like a bad habit...because it'd be perfectly legal and they'd be trespassing on YOUR property my friend. When the cops show up what will they do? They'll probably say "You can't do that sir" but you have already done it so the job is complete
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Hookah Enthusiast

Boycott is really the only answer.

Starbucks was never a boycott issue to me as I never go there....but now I never will for sure.

IHOP is also on the list.
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hookah Nut

i think in any case, whether it's illegal or not, a cop doesn't have the right to touch your personal property, unless they want to confiscate it for drug paraphanalia, in which case would be a winable case in court. So going out and trying to smoke wherever you want, as long as it's not private or corporate property, should have no other consequences other than being asked to leave, or possibly having a conversation with the police. I think this is something definitely worth standing your ground for, if a cop ever told me he was takin my set up, i'd tell him to write me a check first, cause they have no legal rights to do so. We shouldn't have to be afraid of authority and affirmitive action when it comes to smoking a relaxing hookah outside...
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to Juno

I had been planning on bring one of my pipes to the Starbucks across from my house and did so yesterday. I enjoyed coffee, tea, Mizo Peach, and the company of those curious enough to engage me in a conversation.

A squad car came by and parked next to the tables where I was situated. The officer and gal in training just glanced over to my general direction and went on with their business, at which point I went back to mine.

Now I just have to make myself known to the dames working there and all will be fine. Maybe even bag a few of them, just for kicks.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hookah Nut

I've smoked at one Starbucks with a group of friends and had no trouble. Of course, it was in an area with lots of hookah lounges and the culture was well-known. I wouldn't even think about doing it in a city where there was no knowledge of hookah. I don't really enjoy getting dirty looks from employees and other customers, even if technically I'm not doing anything wrong.

Mind you, Starbucks has the right to ask anyone to leave their property. If they feel some patrons are bothered by your smoking, they'll ask you to leave.

I do think it's BS when people get crap for smoking in a public place like the beach or a park.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook