Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Major accident.... leave yor coals away from the hookah!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 31st, 2008, 11:56 PM
OCMusicJunkie
Hookah Nut

Default Major accident.... leave yor coals away from the hookah!

So tonight I had what was my most embarrassing hookah mistake yet. Many of us have dropped coals and burned your carpet, but nothing to this scale...

I had my half-full CH quick-light box on the coffee table, and my Syrian standing right between it and my sofa. I used the little battery powered fan to ash the bowl, without thinking about the open box of coals.

I go back to smoking, only to see about 15 seconds later, a GIANT flame coming from the box. I must have blown a lit piece of coal into the box.

I grab the cover of the box with my tongs and carry it outside, where it continues to burn like it's the 4th of July.

Funny in hindsight, but scary as hell for about 30 seconds. I'm just glad my fire alarm didn't go off.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:58 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: Major accident.... leave yor coals away from the hookah!

oh man, 1 of those coals gives off some crazy flames...I can't imagine a half box . at least you took care of it in time and nothing broke/got damaged.

Old September 1st, 2008, 12:07 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

I can only laugh because you are OK and you're not posting from a friends house because yours burned down....I can imagine what that would look like too LOL
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

holy hell hahaha well the worst thing happened when I was smoking my Hookah and my dog jumps over the hose and his hind leg pulls on the hose and i see the tall KM tower of death fall over and the 3 pieces of coal destroy my carpet. These were some coconut shell ones so it shatters as i try to pick them up off the carpet so I end up trying to stomp it out. Now I have burn marks on my carpet taking shape of Hawaii on my carpet. damn dog.
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

man that is so awesome so now your coal less 2?
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:15 AM
heilmikaal
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to heilmikaal

i hope you set up like 50 bowls with all that coal haha
man that sucks though
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:23 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

you should have dumped shisha over the coals LOL
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:38 AM
OCMusicJunkie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by heilmikaal View Post
i hope you set up like 50 bowls with all that coal haha
man that sucks though
Haha sadly, the smoker in me tried to put as many in my coal carrier as possible and im smoking them like mad. Trying to to waste. It's hard though when my whole apartment is already thick with smoke.
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:00 AM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

call over ALL your friends for a hookah party LOL
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

ah pfft so what knock on the neighbors door and set up in there apt lol
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:06 AM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

That blows bro! But I'm glad to hear that you are ok. but on a lighter note....epic fail!
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Ah man I hate to hear this! Are the coals ok?? LOL Just kidding! Glad to hear that you and your home is ok, keep the coals away next time my friend
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wharbone
Hookah Nut

Glad you and your home are ok!

If only you could have caught this on video.
Old September 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Should've calld my ass over. I would've brought all four hookahs, plus a few kilos of tobacco.
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

a friend of mine was smoking in his living room, a tiny lit piece of coal fell down, and crawled under the sofa, and started burning slowly. Half an hour later he sees the whole sofa on fire, and guess what, the utility company has cut off water off the building to fix some of the water lines lol.
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Lol that sucks! At least nothing was damaged and that you are okay!

Hehe maybe you should've tried to put them out with water, dry em, and see if they are of use again. I've seen cocos that have been put out and then reused like they were never even put out in the first place. Maybe all coconut coals are the same?
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:14 PM
OCMusicJunkie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
a friend of mine was smoking in his living room, a tiny lit piece of coal fell down, and crawled under the sofa, and started burning slowly. Half an hour later he sees the whole sofa on fire, and guess what, the utility company has cut off water off the building to fix some of the water lines lol.
Man, thats funny. I made this mistake of throwing away "ash" from a tray I'd stopped smoking a half hour earlier in a previous apartment. I smell something funny.... a coal burned through the can, through the vinyl floor, and was working its way through whatever was under that.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:56 AM
shotokan88
Hookah Newbie

last friday I was invited to a party and given permission to bring my hookah. I set up my hookah and I was the center or the party because alot of the people didn't know what a hookah was and many had some distorted views on what it is used to smoke. I felt so cool educating and intruducing people to hookahs and showing off some cool tricks. the coals on the hookah had gotten small so the smoke was getting lighter so I lit a couple of instant light coals. the first one lit fine so i placed it on the hookah. The second one was giving me some trouble, I had to keep putting a flame on it so that it would fully light then all the sudden half of it exploded. its sent hundreds of small chunks of coal on me. I was wearing my favorite shirt that was very very comfortable but the tiny chuncks of coal burned about 12 small holes in my shirt. I Jumped up because it burned my skin and i dropped the other half of the coal on the coffee table leaving a burn mark. suddenly I wasn't so cool and I'm not sure I'll get invited to a party like that one anymore. LOL. I have a bunch of small burn marks on my chest and stomach now that fit the holes on my shirt perfectly
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Lol that sucks! At least nothing was damaged and that you are okay!

Hehe maybe you should've tried to put them out with water, dry em, and see if they are of use again. I've seen cocos that have been put out and then reused like they were never even put out in the first place. Maybe all coconut coals are the same?
the CH coals are superrrr absorbant so idk if thatd work...itd be cool though if it did!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:32 AM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotokan88 View Post
last friday I was invited to a party and given permission to bring my hookah. I set up my hookah and I was the center or the party because alot of the people didn't know what a hookah was and many had some distorted views on what it is used to smoke. I felt so cool educating and intruducing people to hookahs and showing off some cool tricks. the coals on the hookah had gotten small so the smoke was getting lighter so I lit a couple of instant light coals. the first one lit fine so i placed it on the hookah. The second one was giving me some trouble, I had to keep putting a flame on it so that it would fully light then all the sudden half of it exploded. its sent hundreds of small chunks of coal on me. I was wearing my favorite shirt that was very very comfortable but the tiny chuncks of coal burned about 12 small holes in my shirt. I Jumped up because it burned my skin and i dropped the other half of the coal on the coffee table leaving a burn mark. suddenly I wasn't so cool and I'm not sure I'll get invited to a party like that one anymore. LOL. I have a bunch of small burn marks on my chest and stomach now that fit the holes on my shirt perfectly

i know this feeling but at least it was smoking good at first lol the burning thing works but you have to put the coal out on your eye....... just sayin its a real crowd winner
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

lol i've got one...
We were having a party and we were smoking out of a tall hookah my friend made at his shop, (like 5 feet tall...lol) it's slightly unstable so we smoke outside. Well I was in my kitchen lighting about 4 natural coals, when they were done I placed them in a coal carrier and proceeded to walk across my living room and out my sliding glass door to the patio to smoke.

At the sliding glass door way were my two friends who were both very intoxicated, (i was still pretty sober, so this is not my bad...lol)

One of them in perfect timing reached out for a full arm slap at my other friends face, however his hand hit my coal carrier instead, sending the coals falling towards my two nice wood tables. Upon contact with the tables they shatter into 1000s of pieces, burning the table, and burning the carpet, it was horrible. The room was filled with silence as I watched 100's of little holes burn into my carpet.

I didn't even care to save the coals, I just didn't want my place going up in flames. So i grabbed a glass of water and a rag and dipped and extinguished as many large pieces as I could before saying forget it, and dumping water over the entire area. A steamcleaning later, I just have about 50 holes about finger-tip deep.

The moral of the story? If you are drunk at a hookah party, do not slap anywhere near the hookah, otherwise you end up forking out $500 to replace carpet and a table.

However, after the deep cleaning, I asked the group, "So shall we smoke some hookah?"
lol
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM
deverlight
Hookah Newbie

These are some epic stories. Too bad I've had nothing very exciting happen to me yet... Or maybe that's a good thing.
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM
GuitarmanST
Hookah Newbie

would have been a great YOUTUBE flick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMusicJunkie View Post
So tonight I had what was my most embarrassing hookah mistake yet. Many of us have dropped coals and burned your carpet, but nothing to this scale...

I had my half-full CH quick-light box on the coffee table, and my Syrian standing right between it and my sofa. I used the little battery powered fan to ash the bowl, without thinking about the open box of coals.

I go back to smoking, only to see about 15 seconds later, a GIANT flame coming from the box. I must have blown a lit piece of coal into the box.

I grab the cover of the box with my tongs and carry it outside, where it continues to burn like it's the 4th of July.

Funny in hindsight, but scary as hell for about 30 seconds. I'm just glad my fire alarm didn't go off.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook