Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Local hookah Guru

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Local hookah Guru

I guess it's all a matter of circumstance.

Well my local tobacco shop has always had a shitty selection of hookah tobacco and this was because the owner of the establishment stopped selling most hookah related products because he did not want to promote NHT. Around five layalina flavors, basic coals and no pipes or any other accessories.
I agree with his decision but always hated that the true smokers have to suffer for the stupidity and poor decisions of others.

I am good friends with one of the long term employees of this smoke shop and he began working on his boss and letting him know that hookah has a following completely removed from NHT and that our friends are perfect examples of it. The message got through and he picked up a couple more layalina flavors and even upgraded to three kings. Apparently they just picked up a couple jewel flavors and now his boss is actually excited about bringing it back .

Now he wants to talk to me because my name kept coming up in conversation about hookah knowledge. So I am doing my research in prep for the meeting on thursday (I am going to a cigar tasting and we are talking business lol, how proffessional)

So far I know for a fact I am pushing for a few main points. He is a fruggal businessman so lower costs will always make him happy. Also keeping it reasonable for me to buy locally is a goal.

Pipes:
KM
Nour
MZ

Coals:
exotica

Tobacco
Wider selection
larger sizes (anything above 50g :P)
AF
Tangiers
Nakhla

I will not suggest SB. sorry SB lovers but the cost is too high. I have never even tried it because it's not cost efficient.
AF and nakhla will be easy. Relatively low cost for a quality product.

Tangiers will be a little harder. Should be special ordered from Eric and the rest but the owner apparently has a supplier he uses and trusts. I think I can hook him with the fact that it is all american grown tobacco. He is a cigar fan first and foremost and a maduro smoker.

Any other suggestions?
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: Local hookah Guru

yeah besides the Nour just syrians in general..there all beautiful... dont leave the others out.. and also exoticas are rare in local shops maybe just natural bulk coals..
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

I hope he gets a "good batch" of exoticas
Nakhla
Fusion
AF
but for the LOVE OF GOD dont get Fantasia!

I also agree on the SB, unless he can get 100gs but even then $10 for 100g is a little steep

also, some grommets and some cheapo hoses might be a good idea for those Emergencies (maybe even a bowl or 2)

Last edited by 1stGenRex; September 3rd, 2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

get some quality multi hose hookahs like MYA's
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Myas should be special order I think. I mean IMO they are overpriced and the others will outsmoke them anyway. True hookah smokers would know this :P (which is the market he is aiming at)
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Well that is part of why I want to push for exotica. I have never had them but am interested. I can't justify coco-nara. I love them but they are expensive and especially now that John over at CH released their coals. I would push for lump but I am not sure how interested the local market would be in them. Although for the price per bag it's not exactly a risky endeavor if they don't sell.

Regarding the good batches, ya me too.

I am going to push for syrian in general but for some reason only decided to type nour. I want a syrian so damn badly and perhaps if I did some work for him I can get a discount or something. Perhaps order from his supplier directly.

On that note, are any store owners or representatives willing to give me some names of suppliers to refer him to?
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Ya Mya is on the table but as said they are overpriced for what they are. I am mostly focusing on single or two hose pipes. I have a three and like it but see the benefits of less now that I have smoked it for so long.

I get the feeling he will pick up some cheap chinese if he does start carrying pipes again. he is trying to run a business so the high profit margin will be rewarding in the long run for him. Not so much for me.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

The larger Mya pipes are not worth getting at all unless you have the space and money for them. Their smaller brothers do sell, though. I would recommend the Razo, Chic, QT, and the Bambino. At the very least, the QT and Bambino.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I love the QT I use. Never tried out a bambino. I have heard great things though.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

i would say just keep with quicklites...for hookah smokers who dont wanna go thru much trouble and arent very experienced QL's just are quicker,faster,cheaper....although you really cant beat naturals.....
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook