Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

BuzzZzzZZzZZ

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 16th, 2007, 05:36 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default BuzzZzzZZzZZ

Yesterday I was smoking my cheap nakhla cappuccino and mint mix for aobut an hour. Then i got up and i felt like i was flying. After some seconds standing i felt weird like i was going to faint. Thats the first time i felt it so much. i usually dont get buzzzed by anykind of shisha, except ahkla mint alone. But never that big.......

Anyone felt something alike Is it normal? i never felt like that in my 4-5 years of hookah experience
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:11 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: BuzzZzzZZzZZ

For Nakhla, yeah - it can floor you if you'r not used to it. Lemon (Nakhla) always gets me, a friend gave it to me becasue it made him sick everytime he smoked it - I smoked it and it's great, but I can't walk for about 20min after I finish! Just becareful and take it easier next time, plus make sure you have something in your stomach and drink some water. Good luck!
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Nakhla will definitely knock you on your ass! Especially if you blow a lot of rings (since you hold the smoke in longer)

Another concern would be, what kinda coals did you use? Are you waiting for them to ash over entierely before using?

And great advise, make sure you eat something before you smoke, and drink some liquids when you are smoking ... I usually sip on a glass of ice water. Sometimes wine though with the berry flavors

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:46 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

been there, its happened to people at lounges a few time. You're relaxing, riding the buzz, lounging around and you're blood pressure goes down. Just be careful when getting up, get up slow, and at the first time of trouble sit back down lol.
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I 've been smoking nakhla for 3-4 years and i never felt that way, Usually i feel it more than other brands though. Maybe you are right, my stomach was empty, I didnt eat anything since lunch and it was midnight but even so, I did the same hundreds of times but never got buzzed like that. It seemed really weird to me...
Mage have a really deep and relaxing sleep though
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I smoke Zaghoul semi-regularly and I've not had that happen. Make sure you use good coals and wait until they start to ash before you smoke. If it's not a coal problem i'd bet you're an aggressive smoker. Forget about big clouds and smoke slowly smoking should be relaxing rather then disorienting.
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I was watching TV and i didnt notice the way i inhaled. I was doining somesmoke rings but thats how i ve been smoking for 4 years
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I don't think it's rings per say that is the problem but rather, taking several deep draws to quickly. I know clouds and rings look cool but I think that the lethergy/headaches/dizzyness caused by aggressive smoking takes away from the fun and relaxation that I look for when I smoke. Basically, your getting too much CO2 so i'd suggest changing the way you smoke, drink plenty of fluid (no booze!) eat some fruit when you smoke. Your body will thank you.
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I don't think it's rings per say that is the problem but rather, taking several deep draws to quickly. I know clouds and rings look cool but I think that the lethergy/headaches/dizzyness caused by aggressive smoking takes away from the fun and relaxation that I look for when I smoke. Basically, your getting too much CO2 so i'd suggest changing the way you smoke, drink plenty of fluid (no booze!) eat some fruit when you smoke. Your body will thank you.
wouldn't it be CO instead of CO2?
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Stop nit-picking :P :

Either way, he's right. No clouding makes all the difference in the world. I smoked AF Esk Apple last night... ah, I gave up clouding for nice little sips and it was wonderful and lasted me 2 hours w/ no bowl refill/mess with.

Plus eating dinner probably helped
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

Tangiers always kicks my butt. I try to stand up and my knees fail to straighten up and i have to walk through the house in some strange crouching position. Tangiers always gives me a good time.
Old August 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

yeah 10 drags of tangiers knocked me for a loop....... Nakhla will do it to me too. Lemon especially

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old August 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I just got some nakhla, so far its just given me migraines.
Old August 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

With nakhla my migraines start about an hour later or the next morning... SOOOOOO VERY LAME......

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old August 20th, 2007, 01:18 AM
thebigshizo
Hookah Newbie

Adderal + Hookah = SCREWED UP!!!!! My doctor reciently put me on this new adderal patch to help me with my schooling....well the first day i took it i ended up smoking my nakala peach at the end of the night....all was normal utill i got up....i could not sand at all....it was unlike any hookah buzz i have ever gotten, litterly i could not walk!!! everytime i tried 2 walk i kept falling to the steps....after many failed attempts i yelled for help and my brother helped me up the stairs to my bed...it was fucked up!!!! the next day i dint take he patch and everything was fine....so then i took the patch the following day and the same thing happed after an hour sesion of hookah....it was really wierd....
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:36 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten
yeah 10 drags of tangiers knocked me for a loop....... Nakhla will do it to me too. Lemon especially
Lemon Nahkla seems to have that effect on most people (myself included). It's some strong shisha!
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigshizo
Adderal + Hookah = SCREWED UP!!!!! My doctor reciently put me on this new adderal patch to help me with my schooling....well the first day i took it i ended up smoking my nakala peach at the end of the night....all was normal utill i got up....i could not sand at all....it was unlike any hookah buzz i have ever gotten, litterly i could not walk!!! everytime i tried 2 walk i kept falling to the steps....after many failed attempts i yelled for help and my brother helped me up the stairs to my bed...it was fucked up!!!! the next day i dint take he patch and everything was fine....so then i took the patch the following day and the same thing happed after an hour sesion of hookah....it was really wierd....
Sounds like some weird cross effect, you may want to talk w/ your doctor about that. It could mean something serious is happening (or it could be nothing). Better safe than sorry.
Old August 21st, 2007, 05:22 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I agree with samm there. Better check it out now than be sorry later. And post what he say's cause it might also happen to smbody else .. That's what forums were made for.

I just want to add that nakhla mint gets me from the first 2 deep drags. Its really a killer shisha 4 me.
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:17 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigshizo
I hope you read and follow the advice I put in sensible smoking because just about every problem I have ever heard of can be corrected by better technique. As to adderal I never heard of it but i've heard enough horror stories about kids being given various drugs to help them study that I hope your family has read up on the issues very closely and that you get a second opinion from another doctor. As to smoking i'd say that if it causes problems when done in conjunction with a drug you have to take i's strongly recommend not smoking.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook