Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Watch your exoticas closely

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Watch your exoticas closely

Holy shit. Gabe deserves to lose every single trickle of business for this. This is the worst quality control I have ever seen. How the fuck did that even happen?? just proves how absolutely fucked up Exoticas and the people who make them are.
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

hay gang i was e-mailed and spoke with gabriel and he told me he needed to get to the bottem of this and is going to make me happy in the end so he seams very nice and very concerned about his product keep tuned and ill let you know what happens.
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:19 PM
jeech
Hookah Newbie

crap, I just bought a box of exoticas!
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:23 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

I never liked exoticas
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Holy shit. Gabe deserves to lose every single trickle of business for this. This is the worst quality control I have ever seen. How the fuck did that even happen?? just proves how absolutely fucked up Exoticas and the people who make them are.
Heh a little harsh zen?

well this is completely out of his hands...The factory where they make his coals are in china and obviously he can't stand there everyday to see how his coals are.

Remember when that outbreak (poison??) got into various dog foods last year? People blamed the companies when it wasn't their fault, but the manufacturers/factory in CHINA (eek!).

I think I'm gonna email Gabe and tell him I've had a bad batch too and that I did fin some pieces of METAL in it (i thought it was a rock )

I think his workers or whoever is in charge of that factory for Gabe is really trying to make Gabe go down the shithole
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:03 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I love exoticas but after dis i dont know if i can get them any more, probably try other brands until they are sorted n go bak, cos der r great coals

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; September 8th, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Bobby
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bobby

Remember a long time ago, the thread about Nour? There was metal in there as well. This is probably an isolated incident. Weird shit happens, people. Stop jumping on every single little thing, to point fingers at Gabe. I'm sure it was a manufacturing defect. I've been to gabe's warehouse and he's had 1000+ cases of exotica (containing 12 boxes in each case, containing 25 sticks) at a time. Do you all seriously think he can examine every single stick to find perfection? The best thing to do is contact him about it and let it be known, to HIM. He's very reasonable and will handle it accordingly and will also most likely contact the manufacturer to see what the hell went wrong.

I once found a boot in a batch of charcoal. I contacted the importer, and instead of giving me free coal, they sent the other boot to match it. </joke>

-Bobby
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Remember a long time ago, the thread about Nour? There was metal in there as well. This is probably an isolated incident. Weird shit happens, people. Stop jumping on every single little thing, to point fingers at Gabe. I'm sure it was a manufacturing defect. I've been to gabe's warehouse and he's had 1000+ cases of exotica (containing 12 boxes in each case, containing 25 sticks) at a time. Do you all seriously think he can examine every single stick to find perfection? The best thing to do is contact him about it and let it be known, to HIM. He's very reasonable and will handle it accordingly and will also most likely contact the manufacturer to see what the hell went wrong.

I once found a boot in a batch of charcoal. I contacted the importer, and instead of giving me free coal, they sent the other boot to match it. </joke>

-Bobby
+1 thank you finally someone sees my point
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

He doesn't need to examine the sticks. He has to make sure NOTHING else gets into his coal mix. I personally don't want to smoke fishing line....who know's what that can do to you.

Old September 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Crap I just picked up a box of this exoticas from my local store. They guy just started carrying them yesterday, I hope I didn't get a bad batch.
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

just going to put it out there, does everyone really think the coal material magically appears in the vats? it all comes in bags, the bags are made from cloth/paper, the bags are closed with string/staples/wire.

yes nothing should get in but hair gets in food even at high class restaurants, you get lemon cars, lemon computers, bad cell phones.

the only way to find out the issues with something is to use it, all of it. unless you want a box of ash they will not and cannot catch every issue.

should it have happened? no, did it happen? yes. you cant a cheap decent coal then you will have issues.

quality, time (being in this case the ability to keep stock up), cost, pick 2, you cant get all 3
-matt
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
just going to put it out there, does everyone really think the coal material magically appears in the vats? it all comes in bags, the bags are made from cloth/paper, the bags are closed with string/staples/wire.

yes nothing should get in but hair gets in food even at high class restaurants, you get lemon cars, lemon computers, bad cell phones.

the only way to find out the issues with something is to use it, all of it. unless you want a box of ash they will not and cannot catch every issue.

should it have happened? no, did it happen? yes. you cant a cheap decent coal then you will have issues.

quality, time (being in this case the ability to keep stock up), cost, pick 2, you cant get all 3
-matt
Eating a hair can not hurt you.
A computer not working is not dangerous.
Smoking nylon, whether it be nylon cord or nylon mono-filament (fishing line) is very bad for you.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Guys i dont want to scare people away from exoticas at all. I just wanted people to be aware of what there smoking im sure not every box is like this, just one, two or even just mine. But its good just to check every thing well. check the ends after cutting for impurites if there good light them up. Gabereil sounded very concerned about his product and said that he would come to the bottem of this. He said that once he recives the bad coals from me there going straight to the manufacturing facility to find out the reasoning why. Granted things like i found in my coals really cant be good at all, but hell ive even found hair and a piece of black plastic in my af and i wrote them about a month ago and got no responce. So to get a phone call and a returne e-mail from gaberiel in less than 24 hours shows atleas a effort and a concern for his product. I proably will continue to use exotica's due to his customer service but will pay more attention to them. Please dont shy away from them just cause one incodent, now if more and more would show up then this would be a sign of concern but till then i dont think im gonna completly shy away from exoticas. You have to rember he is trying to make a living like the rest of us and this is his livelyhood cause trust me if soex is as bad as every one says, ecoticas is all he is making money from. So.... dont throw them away yet just check em real good and light em up if they smell good, they should be ok.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:29 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

why is everyone going all crazy?? lol people need to calm down hahah
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

I agree i just wanted people to watch out Im not one to pass judgment easly i just like to help out others and make peeps aware of possiable concerns.
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Eating a hair can not hurt you.
A computer not working is not dangerous.
Smoking nylon, whether it be nylon cord or nylon mono-filament (fishing line) is very bad for you.
well hair, maybe not, but catching hepatitis which if some one is infected wouldnt be to hard to catch it, a computer not working, well i would argue that it cant be dangerous depending on circumstance.

agree that smoking nylon is bad. the metal being in the coal, depending what the metal is, is more than likely not bad
-matt
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

True that, I love John's new ******* coals, they are the best out there and you don't have to worry about weird stuff floating in them. I better check the rest of my exotica's just in case, dude thanks for the warning.
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well hair, maybe not, but catching hepatitis which if some one is infected wouldnt be to hard to catch it, a computer not working, well i would argue that it cant be dangerous depending on circumstance.

agree that smoking nylon is bad. the metal being in the coal, depending what the metal is, is more than likely not bad
-matt
My point is that people have a right to get a little worried if there are hazardous chemicals coming through their hose. You can't just brush it off as something to be accepted.

Having something that does not work or is a minor inconvenience is not a good parallel to inhaling harmful and potentially deadly chemicals.

As a side note if you catch hep from a hair in your soup that hair would have to be dripping with body fluid. the hair can not transfer hepatitis. Also please show me a circumstance when a computer not working could be as dangerous as inhaling burning plastic for prolonged periods of time.
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:08 AM
motopwn
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to motopwn

I am too lazy, I use quicklights and have never felt any urge to use anything else. But that is messed up, thanks for putting out the warnings. Cheers.
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:41 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Cmon now, ~90+% of his boxes are great. and a couple go bad and 50+ people turn? Get a grip. Its hard keeping up with the amount of product he has to ship out, so give him some slack. He is going to take the neccesary measures to fix the problem, isn't that enough?

If you are bitching about a 8 dollar box of coals, that are probably gonna get refunded anyway, you got bigger issues.

How do you think exotica imports feels, seeing all this people turn away from a product because of a few flaws. Wouldn't want me to kick in your lemonade stand, and bitch about how there isn't enough sugar in it would you?

Lets give him a chance to right the wrongs.
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

damn and i thought exoticas where the king of coals lol (IMO)
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:18 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
Cmon now, ~90+% of his boxes are great. and a couple go bad and 50+ people turn? Get a grip. Its hard keeping up with the amount of product he has to ship out, so give him some slack. He is going to take the neccesary measures to fix the problem, isn't that enough?

If you are bitching about a 8 dollar box of coals, that are probably gonna get refunded anyway, you got bigger issues.

How do you think exotica imports feels, seeing all this people turn away from a product because of a few flaws. Wouldn't want me to kick in your lemonade stand, and bitch about how there isn't enough sugar in it would you?

Could've said it better myself :P I think I'm gonna wait it out until Gabe is able to find out how this happened until I buy another box. Or I just might go down his warehouse and pick up a box myself when I get another car (long ass story about what happened to my original its all good though).

I still believe in these coals ^_^ Mishaps happen all the time, no matter what the product is and who makes it.
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:57 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:

Sorry to sound repetitive but if you equate inhaling burning nylon to unsweetened lemonade I am sure you don't grasp how bad that is.

[FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial]"found to be a direct acting mutagen in the Ames assay. It gave positive results with and without activation. It is also fetotoxic and teratogenic when fed to rats at 0.83% and 1.67% of diet. When applied to broken skin of pregnant guinea pigs, there was a 90% abortion rate or death of fetus with secondary to copper deficiency, resulting from chelating activity of triethyleneamine."[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Bear in mind this is for the liquid form of the curing agent in vinyl. So this is only one of the components you may be smoking. Also that the majority of active solvents is removed in the curing process but it does not suddenly become healthy to inhale in any form.

While I say this I do agree that we should not burn Gabe at the stake so to speak but I do feel people are justified in putting a hold on ordering exotica until these issues are sorted out and resolved.

This is not something to be passed over.

Oh and by the way "[FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial]found to be a direct acting mutagen in the Ames assay"means it is carcinogenic. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

What you don't understand is this isn't a flaw....it's a potentially hazardous material in your coal. Think of the incident with the chinese toys with lead paint on them. Would you allow your child to continue playing with it? no. If it had a flaw like a stuffed animal missing an eye, sure they can play with it as it's not hazardous.

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Quote:

I couldnt agree more with you and i do understand the other cncerns tht other people have i just wanted to help every one out before this happens to them. Im proably not going to quit using exoticas im just going to be more aware of the as im cutting them and pay attention to there smell when lit. Gabe sounded really concerned an i think he was almost shocked about his product being like this. Rember this happended to me so far and no one else and im willing to stay with exotica till i find that perfect coal at a perfect price. I havent tried CH coals so maby this will be my new thing when i place a order at the end of the week but till something proves better than exoctia, besides my one incodent. I didnt post this to freak every one out i did it just to make them aware ther might be a problem nothing more. Please rember allot of you still eat tacobell and if you rember what happended in the late 90's you might shy away but most didnt quit eating there.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook