Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Watch your exoticas closely

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Watch your exoticas closely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
My point is that people have a right to get a little worried if there are hazardous chemicals coming through their hose. You can't just brush it off as something to be accepted.

Having something that does not work or is a minor inconvenience is not a good parallel to inhaling harmful and potentially deadly chemicals.

As a side note if you catch hep from a hair in your soup that hair would have to be dripping with body fluid. the hair can not transfer hepatitis. Also please show me a circumstance when a computer not working could be as dangerous as inhaling burning plastic for prolonged periods of time.
i am not saying to brush off the fact that there are bad things in there im saying the fact they are in there thus creating duds would have to happen sooner or later.

i didnt mean catching hep from a hair i mean catching hep from a restaurant which happens all the time

when a computer not working could prove life threatening? construction, automotive tuning, safety control systems. honestly if i have to explain when you could have issues with a computer that could be life threatening you have been under a rock for the last 15 years

im not trying to brush it off but i am trying to put it in perspective that the only way you are going to get something that is perfect is if you have some one hand making them and pay out the butt for them. i.e. high end watches and cars, jewelry, etc. and even then things go bad at least once

-matt
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:43 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I have deleted my previous statement and simply the end remain and it is all that in necessary.

All of this is trivial and just an expression of how upset I am that people are treating the inhalation of highly hazardous and toxic chemicals as nothing to be worried about.

I am ending this exchange. It is going nowhere.

Last edited by kalutika; September 9th, 2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

i wonder how this will play out...
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Bobby
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bobby

Isolated incident. You all LOVE jumping on the same bandwagon. Get over it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Don't act like you're in high school, with the BS drama. (unless you really are, then grow up.)

Any particle that appears in anything, ACCIDENTLY, is going to be attacked now? Gabe is on it, why dont you call him before you start saying OH HE NEEDS TO MAKE SURE IT DOESNT HAPPEN. He's on it. Communicate, moron.

This is the reason many manufacturers don't directly hit the forums. Any little thing they say that CAN be misunderstood, you guys are like an angry mob, ready to burn them and trample them to death.

Calm down & smoke.
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Isolated incident. You all LOVE jumping on the same bandwagon. Get over it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Don't act like you're in high school, with the BS drama. (unless you really are, then grow up.)

Any particle that appears in anything, ACCIDENTLY, is going to be attacked now? Gabe is on it, why dont you call him before you start saying OH HE NEEDS TO MAKE SURE IT DOESNT HAPPEN. He's on it. Communicate, moron.

This is the reason many manufacturers don't directly hit the forums. Any little thing they say that CAN be misunderstood, you guys are like an angry mob, ready to burn them and trample them to death.

Calm down & smoke.
Welcome to human society. Where are you hailing from?
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Bobby
Hookah Newbie

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Can a Mod please lock this thread? This is officially going no where.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post

Calm down & smoke.
take your own advice!

Kinda hostile there for someone with only 18 posts :P Relax dude!
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

haha this is a funny thread
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

No food product or drink that is made in any sizable quantity will ever be 100% free from nasty, dangerous stuff that shouldn't be in it. As a consumer it's up to you to carefully monitor what you consume and hope that the government will catch most of what should be rare instances of contamination.

The same is true of moassel, coals or anything else that is mass produced. I personally have used several cases of exotica coals and never had any trouble with foreign matter and my friends have had the same experiences and used several times more then I.

Exotica has been alerted and hopefully he will handle the matter well. All this bandwagon style hysteria is really pointless. Assuming that a lone or rare instance is the rule and that one should abandon a brand as a result seems rash to me.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM
1stGenRex
Hookah Pro

It seems rash to me that this is classified as " BANDWAGON HYSTERIA"

this is not the 1st issue that has arised with these coals, so lets not pretend it is.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

and all i wanted to do is help every one out and say keep your eyes open nothing more. gabe is going to take care of me and also his product. Im not scared to use it again so please guys take it easy and be happy and smoke. gabe from talking to him he seems to be a man of integrity and is very concerned for his products. If you havent had any thing happen to you i cant see why you would stop using your coals. its more than like a isolate incodent so every one can calm down. Im sure at one time or another one of you all has gone a Mc Donalds and found a hair or somthing in your food and more than likely you didnt stop eating there so please please watch your coals till there is a final vertic and smoke and be merry.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

1lowtoy, I know that I was one of the people that hijacked this thread. I apologize.
thanks for the update and the information. Please keep us updated with any further developments.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Also Gabriel if you or any of your staff reads this I CANT SAY HOW SORRY I AM FOR THIS BLOWING UP LIKE THIS. All i wanted is people to be aware there might possiably a problem that could eaisly avoided. Im also going to write you a appoligy directly also.

Travis

Old September 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Hey you guys! I'm backing up 1lowtoy and Bobby up on this one.

Gabe just sent me an email:

"That was an isolated incident. Exoticas
are examined very closely but the metal that was claimed to be in the
exotica has been seen in all the other brands but never in exoticas. We are
looking into how it happened and it shall never happen again. We are
thinking, that the metal was from the molding to make the shape or the raw
materials that came from Syria and we have now implemented another step in
creating exoticas where the powder wood will be examined by machines to not
contain any metal or foreign objects. As stated, it is a one out of over
100,000kgs sold world wide. Hope all is well and we are going to examine
the coals when we receive it back from the customer and the product will be
sent back to china to be looked into as well. It shall not happen again,
not even 1/million kg
Thank you

Gabriel
Have a Hookahlicious Day
"

This goes out to all the people who think Gabe wasn't considerate and didn't care about his costumers or anything like that.

Last edited by JillyIsJustKidding; September 11th, 2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:53 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
Also Gabriel if you or any of your staff reads this I CANT SAY HOW SORRY I AM FOR THIS BLOWING UP LIKE THIS. All i wanted is people to be aware there might possiably a problem that could eaisly avoided. Im also going to write you a appoligy directly also.

Travis
Dude don't be sorry! You wanted to bring this to our attention so we can keep a look out for 'em. Gabe is responsible and very concerned (I don't give a rat's ass about the people who think Gave doesn't give a shite).

To some folks...Don't JUDGE people until you've actually MET them in PERSON.

You did the right thing..Who knows..Maybe another person would have received this box and posted it up elsewhere to shed bad light on Exotic Imports on purpose while you were just merely trying to show your concern. I am happy you alerted Gabe in a professional matter and not "OMG I am suing you Gabe and I hope you company DIES!" lol or anything like that.

At least now, Gabe can be aware that this could happen so now, he can prevent anything like this to ever happen again
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Bobby
Hookah Newbie

Thank you Jill =)

Gabe has a great product and will not let it go to shit over a stupid piece of metal. I dare anyone to argue that.

As for my post count, I have been around for a VERY long time. I only post where it matters or if I get my hands on something that's coming soon, that I am ALLOWED to share publicly. I'm not some kid trying to talk shit. I'm not a newbie. I know what i am talking about. If I didn't personally know Gabe and know that this most likely won't ever happen again, then I certainly wouldn't make myself look like an idiot, defending someone that doesn't back their product.

Any of you can reach Gabe, fairly easily. How many of you can name/contact anyone from sierra networks, starbuzz, karabetian (nakhla importers), al amir, etc...? I'm sure some of you can, but the general public cannot. It says a lot. Not necessarily that they are bad business people, but they choose not to deal with this kind of drama. But Gabe and Eric decide to and are typically open to all questions, directly. It DOES say a lot.

Gabe, Randy (Fantasia), and Eric (from Tangiers) are pretty much the only big people in the industry that are open straight to their customers and don't hide behind secretaries or middlemen or anything. Look at the current AF situation. Sierra networks imports it, obviously theyre not going to know exact answers as to why it is going downhill. So some of you took it upon yourselves to email AF directly, most emails went unanswered. When one of you DID get one, it was an unclear answer.....and im sorry..it sounded very shady and it was as if they were trying to beat around the bush. All in all, you still contacted a middleman and received that answer. I'm sure he is MORE than willing to tell you that the colouring is added to the tobacco leaf, to hide the actual shitty look of the tobacco, and create a more appealing illusion. Sorry folks, AF got a head on their shoulders and became far too comfortable, skimped on the quality, and we all pay for it. I won't stray too much off topic though.

We got a hold of Gabe. Gabe also stays informed inside the community. Answers were given, call to China was made. Measures were taken to prevent this again. Thank you Gabe, for being open to all of us.

Case Closed.

-Bobby

Last edited by Bobby; September 12th, 2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Meh.

I still don't care for his coals.
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Ok gang I have spoke with gabe he is making it right with me well over what he should have to. He is a very nice guy,and a man of integrety and is trying to come to the bottom of this. He is sure it is a isolated inncodent and if not im sure he is going to take care of any one else that has a problem.

Travis
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

is he going to hook you up with free stuff or anything like that??
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckngld760 View Post
is he going to hook you up with free stuff or anything like that??
"it was made right"

dont dig
-matt
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
he is making it right with me well over what he should have to.

Travis
He is making me happy thats all im going to lead to but in my opinion he is going well over the call of duty IMO. I really think he is a good vendor and i dont thinkhe will let us down again with his coals or any of the other products he carries
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:50 AM
lalhookah
Hookah Nut

woah!! never had tht in my exoticas. i'll keep an eye out fr 'em. thanks for the heads up.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook