Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Kasmir Peach ATTN: SCOOP!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
D-Rock

Default Tangiers Kasmir Peach ATTN: SCOOP!

Tangiers Kasmir Peach.

After a few failed attempts at smoking it yesterday, i plan on trying again tonight after dinner. Scoop, i read your how-to about it and it sounds/reads/looks like your method works great.

My question is though: Why is your method so much different than the directions on the package? The directions mention it not needing as much heat as other tobaccos and requiring it to be packed down, but you used a good amount of coal according to your how-to. ??

My biggest problem with the sessions yesterday were a burnt harsh taste and an ass-kicking buzz (i did aclimate it beforehand for 12 hours and it smelled great!). I found the smaller the coals got, it would be closer to actually producing more taste than harshness. I use a Mya Adam hookah with a small funnel bowl. At first i was using a whole Japanese coal broken in two with a below rim level of tobacco, then using less coal after that, (still unsmokeable).

Heat management is probably key here so i'll try a quarter stick of the Japanes coals tonight with a tight pack, if that fails, i'll have to try your method and admit defeat.

Will update in a few hours,
-Cheers.

Last edited by D-Rock; September 8th, 2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:34 PM
D-Rock

Default Re: Tangiers Kasmir Peach ATTN: SCOOP!

Ok Scoop, the scoop method is working (stuffed that bowl). A little harsh in the beginning but it's blowing clouds now, (i used a half stick of the Japanese coals).
No heat cover, just moving the coal a little.
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

you dont want to super overstuff the bowl, just make sure the inside of the bowl has the same density as the tobacco sits naturally if that makes sense (its pretty dense and clumbs up in the packaging if you leave it alone)
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:37 AM
D-Rock

The density seems really important, i just puffed another bowl of tightly packed Tangiers (this stuff is no joke!). Weird heat issues though, needs to be somewhat cool and if too hot it gets really harsh FAST!
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Just put the tobacco in the bowl and lightly tamp it down with the pad of your finger. Heat management is the key, use 1/2 the coal you would normally use for a bowl. The buzz you cant help, its gonna be there no matter what LOL
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:19 AM
D-Rock

Got it figured out!
Pack it tight as hell and use a half stick of Japanese coal, blows clouds, tastes great, awesome buzz.

Tangiers is great if done right.

(Camera phone pic)

Last edited by D-Rock; September 9th, 2008 at 03:29 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook